Injury 2014 injury news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Some off the best news since the GF.

Will feel like a new recruit when he returns. Such a big part of the team and every time I watch some of the 2012 games reminds me of how good he was and maybe how much we miss him , taking nothing away from Rampe.

I think if he had not got the injury he would be playing Ted roles now.

Still only 22 and has huge upside , lets hope the knee holds up as the bloody kid has been through enough.

12 week recovery so must means he is going Lars not Hybrid Lars.

Take there time with him and we might even see him in the 2nd half , weather it 2s or seniors it will put a smile on my face.

After watching him at pre season training and seeing how pumped he looked to be back , then Seeing him r1 this year do it again was the start to a farking s**t day all round.

With the ban , him coming back ( touch wood ) with help out the KD position at the right time

Last edited:
AJ update. The medico's think the infection has just about settled down and when its gone Lars will be done with a 3 month recovery. He's back in a positive frame of mind.
Yep great news, I read that 6 days ago on one of the Swans sites and was surprized no mention of it here.

Huge boost to our defence if he gets back. I'll have a huge smile on my dial when AJ and Rohan line up together and take their rightful places in our team. The universe will feel somehow 'aligned'.

Hope we can also get Laidler to step up a notch. Times like these I appreciate that the Swans have done a lot of work in previous years to boost our stocks in all departments. The ban means we will really need to call on those stocks now. Hope we can get a run without too many injuries and get enough game time into newbies to build more depth. This is a year that we'll be calling on our playing group to exceed themselves.

AJ update. The medico's think the infection has just about settled down and when its gone Lars will be done with a 3 month recovery. He's back in a positive frame of mind.
That is awesome. So excited for when he comes back. Even in the reserves

We can expect to be at least half the season without AJ. Goodes will have to be managed. I'm a bit worried about the knee in the respect that if he can't chase in any game this year that impedes the team.

I hope both Birdie (very underrated) & Sammy are fixed up so to speak and I don't mean in the veterinary sense.

yesjacknicholson.gif

We can expect to be at least half the season without AJ. Goodes will have to be managed. I'm a bit worried about the knee in the respect that if he can't chase in any game this year that impedes the team.

I hope both Birdie (very underrated) & Sammy are fixed up so to speak and I don't mean in the veterinary sense.

Why at least half a season without him? I mean if he gets the LARS and it holds then assuming he can find the form he needs AJ could be in the side come round 1 especially given that the season is starting later than it usually would.

Why at least half a season without him? I mean if he gets the LARS and it holds then assuming he can find the form he needs AJ could be in the side come round 1 especially given that the season is starting later than it usually would.

Wow thats a bit much i think expectation wise he hasn't played in 3yrs if he can get through a month of NEAFL that would be a terrific base to build on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my opinion but if he is going LARS that says to me that he has plans on trying ( no rush ) to come back as early as possible this year and play , weather it be seniors/2s .

Otherwise you would think that he would go traditional and wright of 2015.

12 weeks and normally ready to go having lars , after that its up to the lars to do the work. No more healing time.

You would think his fitness base would be low though but one thing on his side it that he is a very good endurance runner.

Last edited:
Just my opinion but if he is going LARS that says to me that he has plans on trying ( no rush ) to come back as early as possible this year and play , weather it be seniors/2s .

Otherwise you would think that he would go traditional and wright of 2015.

12 weeks and normally ready to go having lars , after that its up to the lars to do the work. No more healing time.

You would think his fitness base would be low though but one thing on his side it that he is a very good endurance runner.

So hypothetically if he gets a start in 2015 who would make room for him?

Rampe is occupying his position now right?

Rampe or Rohan to Mals role and AJ into Rampes role?

Or possible Reid to CHB, Richards to 3rd tall, McVeigh to Mals role, Rohan to push up to the wing and push back into defence, Jones (or Rohan if they don't want to push him up to the wings) into Shaws role with AJ taking over Ted in 2016 and should his body hold Grundy soon after that.

Something like that. No doubt there will be a Bolter / surprise or two (and Shaw might have something to say about being relegated to NEAFL for his final year).

Rampe could always move up to Mals role and AJ gets his old spot back as a traditional 3rd tall being 193cm to Rampes 188cm.

He was always going to take over Teds spot imo until injury.

Don't know if we should get to far ahead of ourselves yet Johny Boi , lets just hope they get rid off that farking infection that has caused all this trouble and hope the knee comes good.

Any sort of Footy in 2015 will be great to see.

We do know how much the club ( Longmire ) rates him though so IF he does come good and fitness is up to it ( form too ) I cant see him running around in the NEAFL for to long that's for sure.

Not sure about the NAB but being a 12 week recover I can see him playing in 2015 no doubt.

Do we know when surgery is booked for , this year or start of 2015 ?

Last edited:
If AJ is fit he replace whoever he wants !
Which could take a while, to be fit for AFL Footy, especially since he probably hasn't been able to run for a long while. I would imagine they would be cautious about bulking him up too much as well as not wanting to put any additional pressure on his knee.

Kid is a gun though, will be a KPD for us for a long time if he can get the knee right.
May take a little while to get his body right post recovery though, so no expectations for 2015.

Some off the best news since the GF.

Will feel like a new recruit when he returns. Such a big part of the team and every time I watch some of the 2012 games reminds me of how good he was and maybe how much we miss him , taking nothing away from Rampe.

I think if he had not got the injury he would be playing Ted roles now.

Still only 22 and has huge upside , lets hope the knee holds up as the bloody kid has been through enough.

12 week recovery so must means he is going Lars not Hybrid Lars.

Take there time with him and we might even see him in the 2nd half , weather it 2s or seniors it will put a smile on my face.

After watching him at pre season training and seeing how pumped he looked to be back , then Seeing him r1 this year do it again was the start to a farking s**t day all round.

With the ban , him coming back ( touch wood ) with help out the KD position at the right time

2016 p'ship defence.

Smith (Co C), X Richards, Rampe
Rohan, Alir Alir, Johnson

Think big folks!:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back