Toast 2014 ND Pick #34 - Welcome to Freo Connor Blakely

Remove this Banner Ad

People saying he lacks discipline because of something that happened a few seasons ago are making assumptions for today

Players go out party and get on the juice all the time. At least surfing is healthy.

He's waisted down back
This is Blakely thread so this will be my last comment on him here, but he has to go into the middle & sacrifice his game. Defensive inside mid, take the best opposition inside mid at stoppages, tackle, scrag, create space & make it *en hard for the opposition if they do get hands on the ball first.

Think Bowers from the women’s team, 16-18 touches & 10 tackles.

This is Blakely thread so this will be my last comment on him here, but he has to go into the middle & sacrifice his game. Defensive inside mid, take the best opposition inside mid at stoppages, tackle, scrag, create space & make it fu**en hard for the opposition if they do get hands on the ball first.

Think Bowers from the women’s team, 16-18 touches & 10 tackles.

BINGO

Be really interesting to know exactly what Blakely has done behind the scenes, to have Banfield and Colyerselected ahead of him.
The rumours of ex-girlfriend aside, JLo media talk is favouring Valente at this stage. Acres has just merely played a scratch match and he’s selected. Amusing to say the least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth would you give up on a player who was one of best in the preseason and has since had injuries to prevent him showing what he could do, Acres is way better than you give him credit for.
Injuries or no, being that afraid of your own shadow is pretty damning.

He’s a inside bull. He shouldn’t be relied on for his kicking. He wanted to get things moving as much as possible while Carlton mids dominated.
He’s better suited for a run with, ragged role. Has hardness, can tackle.
Remember Crowley wasn’t a good kick either, and prone to mistakes.
Tom Mitchell plays similarly. Horrible kick of the footy, accumulator.

He’s a inside bull. He shouldn’t be relied on for his kicking. He wanted to get things moving as much as possible while Carlton mids dominated.
He’s better suited for a run with, ragged role. Has hardness, can tackle.
Remember Crowley wasn’t a good kick either, and prone to mistakes.
Tom Mitchell plays similarly. Horrible kick of the footy, accumulator.
Has the game possibly moved on from those types though? Banfield excelled as a tagger for example.

It kind of looks like the days of the one dimensional accumulators or taggers are over (at least for the moment). Hence why I don't think Crouch is particularly hot property atm.

Watching Hugh Greenwood here and I think he’s the ceiling for Blakely. That wouldn’t be a bad outcome btw, the 28 yo greenwood is very valuable to this side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back