List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes actually hard to replace, his hands inside a contest would be close to the best in the league..yes heeney can take his spot, we will have a more dynamic player and probably a better player in there overrall, but i do think mitchell leaving will decrease pur effectiveness in clearances
Fair enough, previously I'd say yes but think now we have Naismith's ability as a tap ruck man this will negate his loss in clearance effectiveness. Personally I think we only get hurt if JPK gets injured for any extended period of time.

hopefully we can find the 500k needed to sign tom. He was instrumental in the prelim

TBH, I'm hoping Carlton will pay him 500K and take him off your hands. Straight swap for Tuohy would be a win win for both clubs IMO. We need a quality mid, and you guys get some salary relief and Tuohy who slots straight into your backline allowing Mills and the like to push into midfield in Mitchell's place.

Fair enough, previously I'd say yes but think now we have Naismith's ability as a tap ruck man this will negate his loss in clearance effectiveness. Personally I think we only get hurt if JPK gets injured for any extended period of time.
Jpk's age is slowly starting to creep up, at first i wasnt too concerned about mitchell but the more its getting closer, im slowly starting to panic.

Realistically we have maybe 2 years of kennedy being at the top of his game before age and injuries become a real risk.Aftet that, right now we dont have a strong clearance player on the list. of coarse things can change, but without preidicting the future, we could be in a littke strife clearance wise.

Keeping mitchell means we have a clearance machine for the next 7-10 years

TBH, I'm hoping Carlton will pay him 500K and take him off your hands. Straight swap for Tuohy would be a win win for both clubs IMO. We need a quality mid, and you guys get some salary relief and Tuohy who slots straight into your backline allowing Mills and the like to push into midfield in Mitchell's place.
tuohey isnt that much of a necessity, mills, jones,rampe, lloyd,mcveigh are all proven half back players, not to mention nic newman who will be joining the senior list next year. Touhey is a very good player, but skill of the half back is no where near the issue it used to be for us. High on our list would be someone with leg speed ie isaac smith

tuohey isnt that much of a necessity, mills, jones,rampe, lloyd,mcveigh are all proven half back players, not to mention nic newman who will be joining the senior list next year. Touhey is a very good player, but skill of the half back is no where near the issue it used to be for us. High on our list would be someone with leg speed ie isaac smith

I understand where you are coming from, but where you guys are right now, Tuohy would make sense, McVeigh doesn't have too much longer left, Mills etc would go straight into midfield to replace Mitchell etc. Tuohy slots straight into your side for mine. We will see what happens I guess.

I understand where you are coming from, but where you guys are right now, Tuohy would make sense, McVeigh doesn't have too much longer left, Mills etc would go straight into midfield to replace Mitchell etc. Tuohy slots straight into your side for mine. We will see what happens I guess.
No doubt touhey has his place, just what our greatest need is i guess. in saying that, id say most posters on here would rather see him at the blues than the filth. You guys are quietly building a fantastic list. Cripps,gibbs,mitchell,gibbs. There isnt too many midfields better than that, plus throwing marchbank in.

Sos Doing a great job

No doubt touhey has his place, just what our greatest need is i guess. in saying that, id say most posters on here would rather see him at the blues than the filth. You guys are quietly building a fantastic list. Cripps,gibbs,mitchell,gibbs. There isnt too many midfields better than that, plus throwing marchbank in.

Sos Doing a great job

Id suggest your club would prefer that right at the moment too.

Tuohy isn't such a need that we would look to do straight swap with Mitchell for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no way is Tuohy worth a straight swap for Mitchell. we;d be needing a pick to go with that deal. likely a third rounder.

no way is Tuohy worth a straight swap for Mitchell. we;d be needing a pick to go with that deal. likely a third rounder.
Tuohy and a 2nd rounder would be the lowest I would be comfortable with.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if this been asked, but would you be happy with Pick 6 for Mitchell and Nankervis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would think pick 6 straight for Mitchell would be fair.

If Nankervis requested a trade to the tigers, along with Titch, something would get worked out.

Would think pick 6 straight for Mitchell would be fair.

If Nankervis requested a trade to the tigers, along with Titch, something would get worked out.

Based on Mitchell's first quarter on the weekend I'd agree but I think overall pick 6 is just slightly overs for him.
Would you guys have a spot for Titch though?

Jpk's age is slowly starting to creep up, at first i wasnt too concerned about mitchell but the more its getting closer, im slowly starting to panic.

Realistically we have maybe 2 years of kennedy being at the top of his game before age and injuries become a real risk.Aftet that, right now we dont have a strong clearance player on the list. of coarse things can change, but without preidicting the future, we could be in a littke strife clearance wise.

Keeping mitchell means we have a clearance machine for the next 7-10 years
Totally get what you are saying.

I have total faith in the club that if he was critical to our future then he would have been locked away sometime ago, so if he leaves I am confident they have a plan and someone else earmarked to step up and do his job.

They haven't let us done very often, given the job they have done rejuvenating our list over the last 12-24 months I'll back them in again.

Based on Mitchell's first quarter on the weekend I'd agree but I think overall pick 6 is just slightly overs for him.
Would you guys have a spot for Titch though?

He is in our team now isn't he? So there is a spot, but it's about salary. Retirements/Trades of like McVeigh/Richards/Mcglynn/Towers/....could free up the cash

He is in our team now isn't he? So there is a spot, but it's about salary. Retirements/Trades of like McVeigh/Richards/Mcglynn/Towers/....could free up the cash

Sorry, Shane Edwards from Richmond is also known as Titch. Misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back