2017 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

For me Schoenmakers doesn't play as we have Vickery and Rough as the twin towers with Gunners Breust Poppy and Rioli all rolling through.

I think if we are looking to play a "spare player" it needs to be somebody than can play backline. Frawley Gibbo Stratts is a midget defence and we need back up in case.

I need someone to explain to me why Gunston has to now run 15km a game up and back the field.

He was an absolute force as a lead up forward/inside 50 and was deadly accurate when played in this role.

His accuracy seems to have dropped as his distance travelled each week has increased.

Get him back close to goal Clarko

Make or break years for Schoe, Hartung, Langford, Doc and Gibbo.
All for very different reasons but 2017 is so vital if any or all are to remain for our next tilt at a flag.
Then of course we have the final year of 2-2-2... Is it Hodge and Gibbo or Hodge and Burgers?
All BS aside, Billy Hartung, stop sulking in your beers at the 2015 GF and take that spot now Hilly is gone.
Being soft didn't stop him being one of our key cogs in the wheel. Take that opportunity son!

Burgers and Gibbo??

I need someone to explain to me why Gunston has to now run 15km a game up and back the field.

He was an absolute force as a lead up forward/inside 50 and was deadly accurate when played in this role.

His accuracy seems to have dropped as his distance travelled each week has increased.

Get him back close to goal Clarko

Hallelujah, brother.

Agree with everything in your post.

And play burton across hb. It's a no brainer to put games into this kid.

My back 6 ......
while i prefer sicily up fwd especially if gunston not in our forward 50...
gibbo frawley stratton
sicily silk burton
You must play two kids down back we are to slow so sicilly burton.... or miles in there 100% for me.
silk n hodge rotate.. birchall plays on the wing. time for the kids to learn.

My back 6 ...... while i prefer sicily up fwd especially if gunston not in our forward 50...
gibbo frawley stratton
sicily silk burton
. you must play two kids down back we are to slow so sicilly burton.... or miles in there 100% for me.
silk n hodge rotate.. birchall plays on the wing.
Who's CHB in that back 6

Its frustrating having 2 good forwards playing anywhere but in there best position.
Our forwardline was our strength but theyre just robbing it to fill in gaping holes in defense.

fwd line is our best weapon dont mess with it!!!!!!!!

Sicily Roughead Poppy
Breust Gunston Cyril
why would u ever change that.. bring in a rest ruckmen if sicily down back thats it!

sorry i just named the 3 tall defenders first gibson would be chb... gibbo frawley stratts

if gibson form waivers we bring in brand. what u think?
Gibbo at CHB doesn't work anymore, we move Schoey back for a reason. It would be nice if Brand could come on because he's a much more natural defender than Schoey and he's got the height but I don't see him getting a shot in the first month

I think last night showed how much we need a tall defender like Brand playing. Hooker and Daniher hurt us in the forward 50 by out marking and out muscling Frawley and Gibbo. Just imagine what will happen when we're playing GWS and Adelaide who have a huge range of tall forwards

Gibbo at CHB doesn't work anymore, we move Schoey back for a reason. It would be nice if Brand could come on because he's a much more natural defender than Schoey and he's got the height but I don't see him getting a shot in the first month

in that case gibbo should not be in our starting 18 we cant have him and stratton plus frawley and a key defender.

can sicily and burton play 2nd and 3rd tall? and create some rebound for us ... the dogs don't have a very tall defense works for them

in that case gibbo should not be in our starting 18 we cant have him and stratton plus frawley and a key defender.

can sicily and burton play 2nd and 3rd tall? and create some rebound for us ... the dogs don't have a very tall defense works for them
I'm not sold on the "everything will work out once Brand comes in" argument

But I might be open to the everything will work out when that ranga Glassy comes in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's never an easy task, but I thought I'd predict where we might get to by season's end.

B: Gibson, Brand, Hodge
HB: Stratton, Frawley, Birchall
M: Rioli, Mitchell, Smith
HF: Burgoyne, Roughead, Breust
F: Puopolo, Gunston, Sicily

R: McEvoy, O'Meara, Shiels

Int: Burton, Duryea, Langford, Vickery

Emerg: Whitecross, Hartung, Stewart

Depth: O'Rourke, Howe, Henderson, O'Brien, Schoenmakers, Hardwick, Miles, Lovell

I really would have had Ceglar starting in the ruck, but I'm not sure he'll get back quick enough to cement a spot by season's end?

if we do struggle like has been predicted the kids need exposure by years end and id be happy with a team that looks like this

Miles frawley stratton

Howe brand/shoey burton (much prefer him over sicily in the back half)

Smith mitchell stewart

Sicily roughead gunston

Bruest vickery rioli

Rucks ceglar shiels o'meara

Hodge, burgoyne , lovell, puopolo

I would actually like a team like that to come in early in the season and reckon it would offer more then the current team but clarko will back his experienced warriors and hope they get it done like they have in the past .

Strats Brand Burger
Birchall Frawley Hodge
Smith Mitchell Burton(let the colt run free)
Gun Rough Breust
Cyril TV Sicily
McEvoy Shiels JOM
Pop WhiteX Hardwick Miles

Gibbo is this year's Sewell. Absolutely cooked but will play most of the year.

Am not sure he is cooked, but I just don't think he can play on the second talls anymore. We desperately need Brand back in the side.

Can't wait to see how Clarko responds to the loss when picking the team, I hope he does show grunt and drop those who didn't perform. Sounds like brand, howe and miles played well and so did other so could be good to see some of them in, just can't imagine who'll get dropped

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't wait to see how Clarko responds to the loss when picking the team, I hope he does show grunt and drop those who didn't perform. Sounds like brand, howe and miles played well and so did other so could be good to see some of them in, just can't imagine who'll get dropped

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Howe surely needs a bit more match conditioning, which ideally Brand would get too.

I know everyone is saying we're too short down back and too tall up forward.

I think we'll be fine down back with hodge back in the side and I think it's actually disastrous to have Vickery and Schoenmakers in the same forward line.

I've supported Schoey through all the bashing over the years and I know he performs a role and is a big body and all that - but if he's not taking marks and kicking goals, and neither is Vickery or Gunston I say we drop the least talented one.

So for me it's one change:
In: Hodge
Out: Schoenmakers

I think we'll be fine down back with hodge back in the side and I think it's actually disastrous to have Vickery and Schoenmakers in the same forward line.

I've supported Schoey through all the bashing over the years and I know he performs a role and is a big body and all that - but if he's not taking marks and kicking goals, and neither is Vickery or Gunston I say we drop the least talented one.

He's Clarko's insurance though at either end. Will be interesting to see who makes way for Hodge and whether they are prepared to give anyone else a try this week.

stratts frawley whitecross
birchall roughead burgoyne
hartung hodge smith
breust gunston cyril
poppy shoey sicily
mcevoy o'meara mitchell

wow we have a awesome defence... 2nd point shoey or vickery in the team..if no vickery roughead or shoey can ruck for 5mins. (2011)

bench shiels,burton,stewart,gibbo 2 onballers , burton flexible and young. gibbo a mr fix it.

Way I see it also
Hope AC onboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back