Game Day 2017 Preliminary Final: Adelaide vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Little AC has NOOOOO idea who won. I get to re-watch game now with him.

He doesn't know I watched...so this will be tremendous!!

:)

Pick your 2 players to have blinders/out of their skin type games

Brad Crouch and Charlie Cameron for me. Bookmark it :)
******* happy with my pre-game predictions from yesterday.

Charlie Cameron: 19 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles and 5 goals (biggest game of his career)
Brad Crouch: 29 disposals, 5 marks and 10 tackles (Huge game from the champ)

ESPN article by Dan Brettig made me chuckle. At the game last night my 10yo kept asking me if I thought we had the win in the bag. I kept telling him about being in front by 42 against Essendon in 93 and WB being up by 30-odd against us in 97. I'm wondering if Brettig was sitting nearby and overhearing me :p

Scott, presented by Adelaide's tide, was limited in his options, left to hope that his midfield could win enough ball to chip into a margin that stretched out to 48 points early in the second.

For a time, the Cats did manage to close things up through their sheer industry in the middle, winning a succession of centre clearances to pull the margin back to less than five goals. Crows supporters old enough to remember a 42-point halftime margin lost to Essendon in the 1993 preliminary final clenched their AFL Records a little more tightly than usual, before the moment arrived that summed up another element of Adelaide's "house rules".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scum get theirs.
02374ce39ae31e5f34101042a30d83d4.jpg

Haha I walked under that high fiving both guys on the way through

Fair analysis really but believe this season we were a two man team like everyone kept claiming however it wasn't Dangerwood. It was Danger/Duncan

Let's just coin the term Duncanfield.

Anyway- how good were the Crows? Well done Crows. Coming back from the tragic loss of a good coach, no high draft picks for ages.....hope you guys win it. Seriously!

Well finally got to watch the match after a long day at work and putting down two young ones. Avoided any spoilers as well.

Had a good feeling for the match when my son told me this morning 'Daddy i dag jeg bare elsker crows'

Best two hours of football I've seen for 19 years!

Safe to say you don't live in South Australia? :D

I'm just thinking of all of the heart breaking moments of the past 19 years - watching that horrific 2001 Carlton final which ended up being Darren Jarman's last game (then McLeod getting robbed of the Brownlow 2 weeks later), sitting through the 2002 prelim surrounded by 90,000 rabid Collingwood fans as McLeod went down injured and Edwards had his nose plastered all over his face by Cloke, the horror of the 05 and 06 prelims, sitting on the wing behind Franklin in 07 as he sealed the game (and ended Roo's career), witnessing the Jack Anthony goal in 09, sitting through the 2012 prelim where it was us vs Hawthorn and that cheating prick Mathew Nichols .. Feels like I've witnessed every shattering moment there's been. If we win next week it might all be worth it! * I hope we can pull it off.

Worse still is the disrespect and unsportsmanlike attitude from some of the fans. They have a short memory indeed. Our club was magnanimous to them when Phil Walsh was murdered- only two years ago. Not to mention the mutual respect given to him when we played them again.
Let's just coin the term Duncanfield.

Anyway- how good were the Crows? Well done Crows. Coming back from the tragic loss of a good coach, no high draft picks for ages.....hope you guys win it. Seriously!
Thanks

I'm just thinking of all of the heart breaking moments of the past 19 years - watching that horrific 2001 Carlton final which ended up being Darren Jarman's last game (then McLeod getting robbed of the Brownlow 2 weeks later), sitting through the 2002 prelim surrounded by 90,000 rabid Collingwood fans as McLeod went down injured and Edwards had his nose plastered all over his face by Cloke, the horror of the 05 and 06 prelims, sitting on the wing behind Franklin in 07 as he sealed the game (and ended Roo's career), witnessing the Jack Anthony goal in 09, sitting through the 2012 prelim where it was us vs Hawthorn and that cheating prick Mathew Nichols .. Feels like I've witnessed every shattering moment there's been. If we win next week it might all be worth it! **** I hope we can pull it off.

Kindly don't attend the grand final, thanks :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back