Play Nice 2018 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Take out Melksham and replace with no body and the you've got yourself a good fwd line.
Look at this guy who didn't watch a minute of Melbourne in 2017.

The Melk kicked ass.

1) GWS - surely the fine tuning of the Ferrari is complete now?
2) Adelaide - Similar to last year - get ready for the epic derby games SA
3) Sydney - Easy top 4 finish but no again to the flag
4) Port Adelaide - on the up, to break into the 4
5) Richmond - I don't see a Bulldogs like hangover but might just be edged out of the 4 by Port
6) Geelong - I have different opinions about the inclusion of Ablett plus Danger up forward is going to backfire again
7) St Kilda - I've marked these guys to break though this year
8) Melbourne - Lever might be the difference to finally scrape into the 8
9) Essendon - great when good, stinking when sh!t. lots of top up players changes a team, will need a year
10) Hawthorn - improve from last year, still testing out different tactics to see what works
11) Fremantle - on the up
12) West Coast - lost some good players, has already started the downward cycle
13) Western Bulldogs - can't see them playing better than they did last year - downward cycle
14) Carlton - the time has surely come for the gradual climb up?
15) North Melbourne - rebuilding, same as last year
16) Collingwood - probably my most controversial opinion but they won't be down here long
17) Brisbane - I watched many of their games last year and liked what i saw - doubt they'll get the spoon this year
18) Gold Coast - obvious reasons

Pretty much agree with this, but Collingwood above North. Freo and West Coast down in the bottom 6.

I think there'll be a battle between St Kilda, Port, Melbourne, Sydney and Essendon for the bottom 3 spots in the 8.

Giants, Cats, Tigers and Crows are my Top 8 locks.

I think Sydney have run out of puff with their game plan and list.

Take out Melksham and replace with no body and the you've got yourself a good fwd line.
He started down back in his first 7 games and was pushed in round 12. He kicked a goal in every game of the remaining 12, including 3 times kicking 3.

There's not a Dees fan who has any complaints about Melksham's first year.

And yet you head into 2018 with just one player on the Bulldogs' list who kicked more goals than him in 2017.

Melksham is unfairly maligned at times. Played some pretty decent football last season.
Melksham is also an incredibly clutch player. Melbourne kicked a goal to get back into the game, take the lead or seal victory? Very good chance he kicked it.

Last edited:
Gws
Sydney
Adelaide
Melbourne
St Kilda
Collingwood
Geelong
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Fremantle
Hawthorn
Richmond
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Bulldogs
Carlton
West Coast
North
I’ll have good money with you that my Dogs will finish higher than the Pies, who will miss the 8

One was right on 50 from the boundary if I remember correctly.
That one he drilled against Carlton was just lethal.

If he, Jeffy and Hogan all crack 40 then we are well on our way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being as unbiased as I can be, the Bulldogs would have to be the favorites to finish top out of these four teams, wouldn't they?

Then us, then Hawthorn then daylight. Then the Saints

I'd have Hawks below Saints but overall not far off same ranking in my thoughts of coming season.

The thread title is clear on the intent.

State your 2018 ladder predictions and take the arguing on which team has the better list elsewhere.

Tired having to repeat this, so cards it will be from here on to those that want to crap on or derail the thread with rhetoric trolling

1. Essendon
2. West Coast
3. Geelong
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Sydney
6. Adelaide
7. St. Kilda
8. Fremantle
9. GWS
10. Carlton
11. Richmond
12. Melbourne
13. Brisbane
14. Collingwood
15. North Melbourne
16. Port Adelaide
17. Gold Coast
18. Hawthorn

And yet you head into 2018 with just one player on the Bulldogs' list who kicked more goals than him in 2017.

Melksham is unfairly maligned at times. Played some pretty decent football last season.

Wasn't comparing fwd lines. Just stating I don't rate one of your players. Just an opinion.

Tired having to repeat this, so cards it will be from here on to those that want to crap on or derail the thread with rhetoric trolling
Can we commentate on other people's ladders without the trolling/arguments or is it ladders only?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back