Prelims
Richmond 188
Essendon 75

Adelaide 127
Sydney 102

Grand final
Richmond 114
Adelaide 66
I totally agree. We - the Pies - are looking at another "ANNUS HORRIBILIS". God help us!

1. Port Adelaide
2. Richmond
3. Sydney
4. Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. GWS
7. Melbourne
8. Essendon
---------------------
9. Hawthorn
10. St. Kilda
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Brisbane Lions
13. Fremantle
14. West Coast
15. Gold Coast
16. North Melbourne
17. Carlton
18. Collingwood

Finals
Port Adelaide 110
Adelaide Crows 139

Richmond 87
Sydney 70

Geelong 40
Essendon 91

GWS 129
Melbourne 80

Semi finals
Port Adelaide 93
Essendon 94

Sydney 109
GWS 92

Prelims
Richmond 188
Essendon 75

Adelaide 127
Sydney 102

Grand final
Richmond 114
Adelaide 66
Romantic, but not realistic ;)

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. Adelaide
4. Geelong

5. Melbourne
6. Port
7. Richmond
8. Essendon

9. St Kilda
10. Western Bulldogs
11. West Coast
12. Brisbane
13. Hawthorn
14. Collingwood

15. Carlton
16. Fremantle
17. North Melbourne
18. Gold Coast

GWS def Geelong
Syd def Adelaide
Ess def Mel
Port def Rich

Geel def Ess
Port def Ade

GWS def Port
Syd def Gee

GWS def Syd

Post-Trade Period 2018 Ladder Prediction:

1. GWS
2. Richmond
3. Adelaide
4. Sydney
5. Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. Port Adelaide
8. Essendon
----------------------------
9. St. Kilda
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Collingwood
12. Hawthorn
13. Fremantle
14. Carlton
15. Brisbane Lions
16. West Coast
17. Gold Coast
18. North Melbourne
* you. You could have had Melbourne one place lower so both our sides could break our droughts but nooooooo.

**** you. You could have had Melbourne one place lower so both our sides could break our droughts but nooooooo.
You know who the last team you beat in a final was right?

1. GWS
2. Richmond
3. Melbourne
4. Adelaide
5. Essendon
6. Port Adelaide
7. Geelong
8. Collingwood

9. St Kilda
10. Sydney
11. Carlton
12. Bulldogs
13. Brisbane
14. West Coast
15. Hawthorn
16. Fremantle
17. North Melbourne
18. Gold Coast

Top 8 IN: Melbourne and Collingwood
Top 8 OUT: Sydney and West Coast

Of course I'll update it after the trade period/fixture release
After trade period

1. Adelaide
2. Port Adelaide
3. Richmond
4. GWS
5. Essendon
6. Geelong
7. Melbourne
8. Sydney

9. St Kilda
10. West Coast
11. Hawthorn
12. Bulldogs
13. Collingwood
14. Fremantle
15. Brisbane
16. Carlton
17. North Melbourne
18. Gold Coast

Top 8 IN: Melbourne
Top 8 OUT: West Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post-trade period:

1. Port Adelaide
2. Richmond
3. Adelaide
4. Geelong
5. Melbourne
6. Essendon
7. GWS
8. Fremantle (As the surprise big riser)
-----------------------
9. St Kilda
10. Sydney (As the surprise slipper)
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Collingwood
13. Brisbane
14. Hawthorn
15. West Coast (as the big slipper)
16. Carlton
17. Gold Coast
18. North Melbourne

IN: Fremantle, Melbourne
OUT: Sydney, West Coast

Need to also see how teams draft and what the fixture is like.

Rough guess until trade week completed/fixtures released

1. Adelaide
2. GWS
3. Sydney
4. Melbourne
5. Essendon
6. Richmond
7. Footscray
8. Geelong

9. St. Kilda
10. Hawthorn
11. Port Adelaide
12. Collingwood
13. Carlton
14. WC Eagles
15. Brisbane Lions
16. Fremantle
17. North Melbourne
18. Gold Coast

Updated

1. Sydney
2. GWS
3. Adelaide
4. Melbourne
5. Essendon
6. Richmond
7. Footscray
8. Geelong

9. Port Adelaide
10. Hawthorn
11. St. Kilda
12. Collingwood
13. WC Eagles
14. Carlton
15. Fremantle
16. North Melbourne
17. Brisbane Lions
18. Gold Coast

Post-trade period:

8. Fremantle (As the surprise big riser)
You had them dead last on Oct the 4th, and with Matera and Wilson they will rise 10 spots into the 8?

You had them dead last on Oct the 4th, and with Matera and Wilson they will rise 10 spots into the 8?
Not my official ladder to be honest. Just shifting things around and intend to do another one when the fixture comes out and draft is out.

Having said that, they brought in Matera and Wilson, but also pretty much gain Harley Bennell if he remains injury free. I liked his first quarter debut against us. If at least one of their picks 2 or 5 have an immediate impact along with Bennell and Wilson doing the same, perhaps they could be the next team to jump unexpectedly in the 8. Quite a tough team to place.

1. Sydney - They won't have the lousy start they had last year. Mills and Heeney ready to go the next level. Not sure if Grundy is retiring or what's happening with Aliir Aliir but assuming their key defensive posts are OK they should be fine.
2. Geelong - Danger/Ablett/Selwood oh and I guess Duncan. Top end quality will take them deep.
3. Port Adelaide - Some great trade period pick ups will see Port a real contender in 2018.
4. Essendon - 3 new best 22 players all in their prime. Tipping Parish to be a big improver. Midfield may hold us back but looking at our list we really have a lot of players that can rotate through the midfield and forward line. Forward line looks phenomenal.
5. GWS - Lost a few handy types but a better run with injuries will see them be pretty good nonetheless. Not sure about their ruck situation.
6. Melbourne - The finals campaign they should have had last year. They won't screw it up this time. Was tempted to put them top 4. They will be near unstoppable at times - but can they sustain it?
7. Richmond - Will struggle early in the season. It's not always easy backing up after a premiership and Richmond haven't gone that deep into finals any time recently. Not hard to see them struggling. Not expecting Martin to match his 2017 season. I also think their forward line is still a mess and teams will have plenty of time to think about how to counter the manic pressure with lots of small forwards.
8. Adelaide - Probably a little worse on paper than 2017 - made the GF and again I reckon could struggle a little earlier in the season. Brodie Smith is a loss too.
----------------------
9. Western Bulldogs - Won't be far off finals but I think they may just fall short. Stringer is a loss and Schache is still unproven. In fact they don't really have any proven goal scorers. Will need Bontempelli to have a much better year than 2017 where he was not anywhere close to the level he was touted to be at.
10. Fremantle - They've made a few improvements. Wilson will help them, Matera may be useful. Lost Weller though. Will have 2 very early draft picks that will likely see some good game time in 2018. Most importantly though Fyfe will have another preseason and a good chance to get close to his best. Bennell could help them improve as well.
11. West Coast - Too many questions over their midfield and small forwards and we still don't know how Naitanui will go. Defense is great. I could see them making finals if all goes well.
12. Collingwood - I think they'll be in the hunt for finals but there's not much to point to huge improvement. The one player I reckon could make a huge difference is a fully fit Jamie Elliot - who I reckon could reach the heights of Betts best years but I'm not confident that it will be in 2018.
13. Hawthorn - Will be even worse than last year. Their youth is very thin and other teams will have another draft to go and improve while they basically sit on the sidelines. Hodge will leave a significant void and I'm just not sure Impey is the man to fill it (cue laughter). Remaining premiership players will keep declining. Jaegar - will he or won't he make it on the field this year?
14. Brisbane Lions - This is the year they'll start to look like a better team. I still don't have them jumping up the ladder just yet but I'm thinking 8 wins is not unreasonable. The days of Brisbane being easy beats are over. Rockcliff will be a loss but I love some of the kids they got from 2016 draft - especially Witherden.
15. St. Kilda - I was a big fan of St.Kilda's list for the last couple of years and kept expecting big things and occasionally they'd show some tantalising glimpses. I've finally realised - they simply aren't that good. Still relying on Riewoldt to win games of footy.
16. Carlton - I don't rate their list build in the long run (picking up too many average/list clogging types) but they would have improved on the ladder had they not lost Gibbs. Without Gibbs it will be another bottom 5 year for Carlton. Cripps is going to need to wear shoulder pads. Did get some nice draft picks though.
17. North Melbourne - Full rebuild mode. Need to stock talent in all areas of the field.
18. Gold Coast - Basket case on and off the field. Will be playing the kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back