Official Club Stuff 2018 Membership Tally and Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does the little "look the part" slip that comes with membership cards mean we have to pay extra for a cap/scarf this year? (Disappointing if so, I've been holding it as a perk over the heads of the Collingwood members of the family for a few years now.)

+1040

giphy.gif

+1040
Again it's ahead at least and if we tip 27,000 before NYE then we will be well ahead on where we were last year and hopefully we won't see the same drop off in the New Year as what occurred last year when our membership fell away significantly.

The Western Bulldogs have just announced that they are now Debt Free for the first time in 40 years (no doubt largely on the back of their massive membership spike to 47,000 this year and increased merchandise sales after the 2016 GF).

Somehow I suspect that we may have to wait a few more years for our debts to clear because of the drop in membership, reduced attendances last year, the club's commitment to investing in upgraded facilities at Arden Street and the raising of a VFL and AFLW team.

Despite these things, on the financial front, the NMFC did record a profit this year of $242,656 and an operating surplus of $633,625 allowing the club to further pay down its debts by $400,000 reducing the overall debt to $850,000. A massive improvement compared with $8 million debt in 2008. A huge tick that demonstrates that despite the recent setbacks on the field, the recent changing of the guard (players and management), and the fall in membership in 2017, that the club is still one of the most efficiently and prudently managed in the AFL.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was holding out on my membership pending a job opportunity back in Melbourne... Unfortunately this has fallen through, so I'll be signing up for another International Roo membership this week. Hopefully though I'll be able to catch at least one home game live in 2018.

Good total so far , hope a few more people sign on before years end.

Club should be looking for 43,000 members in total.

Would have prefered 30,000 before years end but what is there is there.

Still haven't signed my mother up theres one extra :)

Good total so far , hope a few more people sign on before years end.

Club should be looking for 43,000 members in total.

Would have prefered 30,000 before years end but what is there is there.

Still haven't signed my mother up theres one extra :)
Waite to the fall out of people not signing up due to the VFL side not playing at Arden street

Remove this Banner Ad

Back