2019 4th Ashes Test 2019 Old Trafford

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are seriously clueless. It’s the number of dubious LBWs given out (i.e. where the batsman walks off) when Australia bat compared to when England bat. The only LBWs given out against England have been plumb (perhaps 1 was umpires call)...a few plumb LBWs missed too. So, what I am saying, even though many others have already tried to explain this to you, is that England are doing very well on the speculative umpiring decisions (i.e. the balls that are heading down leg and should not be given out).

Don’t come back with any unrelated stats again. What you have above is purely on-field umpire mistakes only. Give me the umpires call stats!

Aha....Starc get an umpire’s call!!!!! Give us a few more of those and we’ll call it even

The accusation was that the umpires are biased in favour of England and that Australia keep getting more rough decisions. The fact that more incorrect decisions have been made in Australias favour proves that wrong, independent of the arbitrary margin of 'closeness'.

If umpire had of said ‘not out’ and the review showed it hitting the nails like it did then it would have stuck with umpires call or not out.

And that’s the flaw with this system, one player can be given out with DRS shown hitting the stumps and another can be given not out with the same exact scenario depending on what the umpire original decision was.

They need to fix this aspect of DRS and make it fairer for all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His sledging has absolutely nothing to do with his bowling that's a stupid assertion to make

Let me tell you...when you ain't bowling well....It sure as hell is a lot easier to deal with the pressure if you act with humility when it is going well instead of throwing cricket balls into people etc

If umpire had of said ‘not out’ and the review showed it hitting the nails like it did then it would have stuck with umpires call or not out.

And that’s the flaw with this system, one player can be given out with DRS shown hitting the stumps and another can be given not out with the same exact scenario depending on what the umpire original decision was.

They need to fix this aspect of DRS and make it fairer for all.
I think that’s probably the one good thing about it. If it’s marginal you trust the guy who’s paid to make those calls. The problem comes when the onfield guys are inconsistent.

Yeah getting rid of Australia's best spinner is the answer you complete peanut

Where has Australia's best spinner been the last couple of tests? I've seen him bowling the wrong lines, very little variation. Stokes took him apart in the 2nd and 3rd tests. This test again bowling the wrong line. Needs a good reality check on the pine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back