List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to dodo we didn’t offer pick 5. Who is lying?

Dodoro says Daniher will be disappointed
Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro has spoken to media at Marvel Stadium.
He said the Bombers went into the trade negotiations with Sydney with an open mind but set "some really clear parameters" for the Swans from the start.
"We stuck to our principles, but unfortunately we couldn't get the deal done with Sydney," he said.
He confirmed that Essendon had never been offered the Swans' pick five, or any elite players from the Swans.
He said he had spoken to Daniher "an hour ago" and said the forward was disappointed. But Dodoro said Daniher was a "resilient young man".
"Knowing him and his character he'll come out of this a better, stronger person and we think he'll have a great year next year," Dodoro said.

I mean, not saying we are gonna be top 4

But our side already looks better with Naismith and Buddy back in if fit. We had a bad year not 2013 GWS bad remember.

And Daniher will be there next year or if not we go somewhere else.

I predicted no one and none what I was told lead to trade.

s**t happens but first to admit I was in the wrong

Spewing it will be another year in the bottom

you werent wrong, daniher requested the trade

According to dodo we didn’t offer pick 5. Who is lying?

Dodoro says Daniher will be disappointed
Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro has spoken to media at Marvel Stadium.
He said the Bombers went into the trade negotiations with Sydney with an open mind but set "some really clear parameters" for the Swans from the start.
"We stuck to our principles, but unfortunately we couldn't get the deal done with Sydney," he said.
He confirmed that Essendon had never been offered the Swans' pick five, or any elite players from the Swans.
He said he had spoken to Daniher "an hour ago" and said the forward was disappointed. But Dodoro said Daniher was a "resilient young man".
"Knowing him and his character he'll come out of this a better, stronger person and we think he'll have a great year next year," Dodoro said.
Correct. We were told 5&9 wouldn't get it done so we never bothered offering it.

If Daniher is pi**ed expect his value to lower this time next year when we get him
Looking forward to seeing what happens next year with Joe. Hopefully for him he can come back from injury to get back to his best. He won't be happy being stuck at Essendon. At least Papley is happy in the Swans environment. Obviously loves his teammates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think daniher is class player, rare in this league

however knowing 5 and 9 wouldnt have been enough confirmed by gardiner then stuff it

i just wish we had a more active trade period
Fair enough. I agree to an extent. A Howard, keath or some other name would have been good. But nothing this year that was game changing was on offer at a reasonable rate.

I'm stoked with the young crop, and we need a few more absolutely.

Pick 5 +++++ this year and next will provide that and we war chest it for Joe at free agency.

That is the swans way. And may it continue.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disappointed we didn't get what we wanted, offered 2 first round picks (Pick 9 and a future first round next year) and the Bombers stuck to their guns with their opening salvo being we want a player knowing full well we were not giving a player. We stuck firm and no deal done, disappointing but not devastating. We keep someone no one wanted to lose as a result. We move on Jones who most here were not upset about and Cameron who everyone thought was no loss, bring in a player who has been known for his ball use, speed and a previous rising star (albeit not in that form right now). At worst we are status quo at best slightly in front. But it would of been awesome to land Joe.

Now we have to draft .... our first selection should be Green from GWS, then when that is matched, I would look at Flanders, Kemp or Stephens as they all can improve the midfield and are good with their ball distribution. I assume Young and Serong may well be gone, if either of those are available I have said Young before and I would say Young again....watched him live for Dandenong a couple of times and in the rep games, I really like him, can read the ball and makes good decisions and is gutsy.he potentially frees up Mills to play mid if that is the plan and will head to the Mids himself at some stage.

Alright, seeing as this is still the hypotheticals thread, what sort of trade would you have liked to have seen for pick 5 straight up, assuming they'd want to come here?

I'm thinking Dunkley or Grimes.

There were 12. So.....

Heeney
Blakey
Mills
McCartin
Aliir
Dawson
Florent
Hayward
Parker
Rampe
Rowbottom
Hewett

and cost me one of them and pick 9 (papley essentially)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back