List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niall also for the first time said it was Joe that wanted us & instigated things.
It was that dickhead Barrett that created facts out of his incorrect assumptions. Terrible journalism! and then to criticise Harley for his behaviour with JD and then to call him a liar!! pathetic shock jock journalism

The Bomber board is in a 'bizzaro world'.

The should change the thread title.

"He might love us again" or

"We will never let him go" or

"We will just match the bid and back to trading"

Seen it in 20 posts

No wonder he wanted out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The fumes from the chemicals they are brewing for the next batch of injections are effecting oxgen levels to the brain. It is a ****ing insane asylum over there.

Im glad we held firm on Daniher. It would have been irresponsible to match the Essendon shopping list of requirements.

I’m half half on Papley. Happy he stays and hopefully reaches his 100 games with us while helping the team progress.... flip side is if he was to go, this was the year to do it. We won’t see a better offer next year and the value in that draft won’t equate. I’d have traded him but I’m not unhappy he is still here.

Jones... yeah, we’ll what did we expect. That future is Freo’s, so that’ll help with pts next year.

Cameron... 4 more Craig Birds than I expected.

Taylor... ho hum. Don’t really see where he fits and very doubtful he has scope to improve. Wait and see I guess.... he is cheap and quick so it’s no disaster.

Draft, we’ll get a good one. At least one of Young, Serong, Green, Kemp or Flanders will be available at 5/6. Can’t lose there.

Reading Jake Niall's piece reminds me of what proper journalism looks like.

I was half expecting to read the last hour of this thread (30 pages!) and hear a lot of disgruntled supporters blaming Harley or Beatson or Gardiner for a trade period where we finish in a worse position than where we started.
Not the case. It was a pleasure reading so much support for the club

The CHB and/or HBF at your local club probably isn't either. The coach just wants him to go when he has to commit. Mills does it all the time. He gets caught out in the height department and that happens lots of times to all players.but that is not a ticker problem and I do not expect everyone to be potential gun, The given gifts vary with every player.
Staggering the willingness of people on this site to undersell our players. Happened endlessly to Keiran Jack, Robinson was a perfect example last year and now it appears Sam Reid is the present villain. Our selection panel pick the team each week and I haven't sighted too many who want to make a fool of themselves be spending a leisurely afternoon not getting kicks.
The joy of the dressing room when players have family members in after a victory and even a loss is the result of that player family member doing well. Even above that is the relentless expenditure of effort to reach an unattainable goal for most of us. The players loved ones, parents and siblings of any AFL player will tell you of the rises and falls you experience with players in every movement of body limbs, thought processes and virtually every gasp of air that they can hopefully find to carry on to the task.
Let's be grateful we can participate in these up and downs and not be so hard hearted.

whats any of that got to do with him being a gun? nothing at all

didnt say he wasnt good or didnt try or give his all

he just isnt elite

not many are in the comp, but just because they wear red and white doesnt mean they are stars

With all due respect to you considered post what does that have to do with him stating his opinion of Mills not being a potential Gun ? My opinion is the same. He is not. He is a good honestt footballer with a pretty big heart. No More.
I simply asked, has everyone got to be a potential gun. Is your selection based on guns. Perhaps you would like to list your guns in the whole competition of some 700 players
Way you go, be interested to see where you pull up with these marvels.

We can't make a trade when the other party doesn't enter into good faith negotiations. We had a price we would pay and stuck to it, Essendon thought we would buckle and tried using the media. Oh well.

I don't think this trade was ever going to happen, we were interested in Daniher, as any club would be, but in the end didn't value him as highly as Essendon did. This is how trading is supposed to work.

yep the trade period was quiet.. but we did well on a lot of fronts.
Shoved it up Vic media
Shoved it up Vic clubs
Stayed strong throughout
Held our poise and respect
Lost Jones (he wanted to go) for a fair deal p32 and about 250 - 300 pts next year
Got Taylor - could be good
Improved draft position - Looking forward to watching who we pick

All in all.. pretty good

I wonder if retaining Papley means we'll let Bennell slide. They're obviously not equivalent players but maybe the club was looking into him to replace some forward playing time if Papley left.
Dodged 2 bullets. Get a look at them first.
To Bennell! You've had plenty chances at it & f kd up & also injuries, now let's have a look at you for a season.

To Joe! Get yourself back in shape & if you can stay on the park & dominate & still want out, here's $1M plus for a few years.
If you struggle but it's because you still want out, here's 800K for a few years.

Folks, we don't need to take the risks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CHB and/or HBF at your local club probably isn't either. The coach just wants him to go when he has to commit. Mills does it all the time. He gets caught out in the height department and that happens lots of times to all players.but that is not a ticker problem and I do not expect everyone to be potential gun, The given gifts vary with every player.
Staggering the willingness of people on this site to undersell our players. Happened endlessly to Keiran Jack, Robinson was a perfect example last year and now it appears Sam Reid is the present villain. Our selection panel pick the team each week and I haven't sighted too many who want to make a fool of themselves be spending a leisurely afternoon not getting kicks.
The joy of the dressing room when players have family members in after a victory and even a loss is the result of that player family member doing well. Even above that is the relentless expenditure of effort to reach an unattainable goal for most of us. The players loved ones, parents and siblings of any AFL player will tell you of the rises and falls you experience with players in every movement of body limbs, thought processes and virtually every gasp of air that they can hopefully find to carry on to the task.
Let's be grateful we can participate in these up and downs and not be so hard hearted.
You're in the wrong forum if you want to spout logic.

yep the trade period was quiet.. but we did well on a lot of fronts.
Shoved it up Vic media
Shoved it up Vic clubs
Stayed strong throughout
Held our poise and respect
Lost Jones (he wanted to go) for a fair deal p32 and about 250 - 300 pts next year
Got Taylor - could be good
Improved draft position - Looking forward to watching who we pick

All in all.. pretty good
We also kept next year's first rounder.

After reflecting on today's outcome, I don't think Dodoro ever planned on trading Daniher.
He would never lose if he keeps Joe on the list.
Also next year Ess will easily match any offer even if front loaded thus forcing another trade war.
I don't think Joe will feel too enthusiastic about joining a team that didn't really try and leave no stone unturned for him either.
Also it'd backfired on Joe personally! He has to walk back into Essendon and look everyone in the eye with his tail between his legs, he will get support but he will feel it. Joe also now has to play well next season or risk losing big money in any future contract or choose to negate that now by signing a new deal with the Essendon.
Interesting times ahead. The Journo's are the big winners lol.

Pretty biased take.

If my list manager approved my request for a trade, has me nominate a club of choice, go to the media, deal with the club of choice, and has 0 intention of actually trading me, just stringing me along for shits and giggles, I think I'd be pretty ****ed off.

Daniher should change management.....
The problem is he is managed by Kelly's mob who have the majority of players & look after the boys club.
Barrett, Cornes & Lloyd all boy's club panelists on the Sunday footy show.
The 3 of them have been bagging on us since they found out he wanted us.

After reflecting on today's outcome, I don't think Dodoro ever planned on trading Daniher.
He would never lose if he keeps Joe on the list.
Also next year Ess will easily match any offer even if front loaded thus forcing another trade war.
I don't think Joe will feel too enthusiastic about joining a team that didn't really try and leave no stone unturned for him either.
Also it'd backfired on Joe personally! He has to walk back into Essendon and look everyone in the eye with his tail between his legs, he will get support but he will feel it. Joe also now has to play well next season or risk losing big money in any future contract or choose to negate that now by signing a new deal with the Essendon.
Interesting times ahead. The Journo's are the big winners lol.
God forbid anyone who wants to leave the druggies. If you had of treated your players as you should have (ie. Not injecting them with "unknown chemicals" and not forcing them to play through OP against their will) then you wouldn't have found yourselves in this situation. Alas you have and hence here we are.

What we offered was more than reasonable. Lets talk in 12 months.

The whole league benefits from today's proceedings. Had the two biggest names of the trade period held to their contracts with the full brunt of negotiations dictated by the respective club's own will without letting any player, media or fan influence the decisions making process. The league took a step today in keeping players in line, and players and clubs being more thoughtful about the contracts they offer or sign. Its a step away from the absolute rubbish money driven circus of an NBA model. The league won today.

Fin
You're in the wrong forum if you want to spout logic.
Finding that out.
Think I will practise my on line lynching between now and April next year, Be hard as I loved the young fellas efforts under trying circumstances this year. I will just keep off the site and watch how the experts develop their hate hysteria and perhaps I will be better versed to sledge all and sundry from round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back