2019 India vs South Africa (3 T20Is, 3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Compared to the indian decks in recent years this is a pretty flat deck so they must be a decent shout at getting the draw really more about handling that mental pressure of so many around the bat for your whole innings.

Spinners getting smashed around and Rabada has only bowled 11 overs?

Faf used him terribly, almost like he just gave up on this game and decided to protect rabada, even sa best spinner in maharaj went at 4 an over this test but he just kept bowling spin at both ends even though rabada was much harder to score against.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2nd Test side and batting order for SA, IMO:

1. Dean Elgar
2. Aiden Markram
3. Quinton de Kock
4. Faf du Plessis (C)
5. Temba Bavuma
6. Heinrich Klaasen (+)
7. Senuran Muthasamy
8. Vernon Philander
9. Keshav Maharaj
10. Kagiso Rabada
11 . Lungi Ngidi

Does seem a bit drastic to take the gloves off de Kock and move him up to three. I would think bringing in the presumed stable hand of van der Dussen straight to the top order is the option they'll go with. Also agree on Ngidi coming in for Piedt.

Agarwal with another hundred. He has looked incredibly assured in his short time in Test cricket so far.

South Africa's bowling again looking toothless apart from Rabada.

Agarwal looks a class act. Other countries are struggling to find openers to make double figures and India produce yet another one who makes 100s. Totally convinced Faf has NFI when it comes to captaincy. Graeme Smith seems to agree with me.

Someone made a good point on the cricinfo feedback today that I agree with. Up until the Sri Lankan series this year Faf has looked a very assured composed captain and tactically sound. Since that incredible loss he’s just been all over the place

Wow. Dumb by rabada throwing the ball back at the keeper when no run was on but if De kock had said to me what he just said to rabada an inch away from the stump mic, he'd be assaulted

The last thing the world needs to see is a white (or light cape coloured) south African talking to rabada like he's a slave. F##king disgraceful from de kock. I wish Warner had put you on your a#se last year you little racist w##ker

That sort of nonsense tells you everything you need to know about South Africa and why quotas are here to stay unfortunately. You wonder what else is said behind closed doors

The last thing the world needs to see is a white (or light cape coloured) south African talking to rabada like he's a slave. F##king disgraceful from de kock. I wish Warner had put you on your a#se last year you little racist w##ker

What did he say?

I couldn't hear it on the Fox coverage, it was bloody stupid of rabada to throw the ball away then whinge about it in the first place but I didn't hear anything racist and I haven't read reports on any other forum or news site of anything like that being said.

Last edited:
What did he say?

I couldn't hear it on the Fox coverage, it was bloody stupid of rabada to throw the ball away then whinge about it in the first place.
He told rabada, verbatim, don't you f##king talk to me like that boy, you f##king (sounded like doos) you get the f#ck off the field boy how dare you f##king talk that way to me, you shut your f##king mouth. Pretty sure that's exactly what was said. Rabada by that stage was trying to push past du plessis to get to qdk but faf pushed him back.

Granted it was moronic from rabada to throw the ball to qdk when the runout wasn't on and have a moan to the keeper about the batsmen getting a run but that was out of line. The way he cursed him and said boy reminded me very strongly of a Louis theroux doco where blacks get spoken to like absolute s##t over there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back