2019 Membership Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember when they put up the 2018 packages on the site last year? Or when they emailed/mailed the renewal forms? Just trying to get an idea. I'd think it would be this month?

Think most clubs do it from mid October. Hawthorns has been up for weeks

After a few years of stagnation with respect to membership figures, I'd expect a surge next year off the back of what we produced this year.

Going to retain my legends membership (I upgraded to a legends member at the end of 2014). The figures may be different now, but in 2011 legends memberships were capped at 9,000 people.

We barely filled our ballot allocation this year. Only 400 people missed out no seats. Some think it was due to the fact that people were not entering the ballot because they thought they had no chance (since
they were not legends). So I guess the club is trying to make sure it doesn't happen again.
If anything they’ll prob have more of an issue because there’d be a big contingent I think that will be switching memberships
It wasn’t because people didn’t register, it was more the fact Collingwood have a huuuuuge AFL membership base (with Collingwood club support/affiliation) but CFC decided this year they wouldn’t allow AFL members to be part of our club ticket allocation it was club memberships only, which is why you saw all those silver members who couldn’t get seats because there wasn’t enough in the AFL ticket allocation to satisfy first all the afl gold seats then plus the Collingwood silver members. I think from memory we have just over 40,000 Collingwood-club support AFL members, out of those I can’t remember how many were gold vs silver but it was a relatively small amount, a few thousand or so. So when you look at our eg 79000 members it’s only around 20,000 CFC club members, 40,000 AFL with club support then the rest are things like your Auskick junior memberships, life members and other special categories etc

If anything they’ll prob have more of an issue because there’d be a big contingent I think that will be switching memberships
It wasn’t because people didn’t register, it was more the fact Collingwood have a huuuuuge AFL membership base (with Collingwood club support/affiliation) but CFC decided this year they wouldn’t allow AFL members to be part of our club ticket allocation it was club memberships only, which is why you saw all those silver members who couldn’t get seats because there wasn’t enough in the AFL ticket allocation to satisfy first all the afl gold seats then plus the Collingwood silver members. I think from memory we have just over 40,000 Collingwood-club support AFL members, out of those I can’t remember how many were gold vs silver but it was a relatively small amount, a few thousand or so. So when you look at our eg 79000 members it’s only around 20,000 CFC club members, 40,000 AFL with club support then the rest are things like your Auskick junior memberships, life members and other special categories etc
There are 12k AFL members with Collingwood support

There are 12k AFL members with Collingwood support
Lol just looked up where I got 40k from cos I was sure it came from something official-ish...haha there’s about 40k afl silver members IN TOTAL for all clubs, according to the afl annual report here I am just seeing black n white

Least I got the 40k bit right, not my fault the other 27,000 or so haven’t seen the light

Lol just looked up where I got 40k from cos I was sure it came from something official-ish...haha there’s about 40k afl silver members IN TOTAL for all clubs, according to the afl annual report here I am just seeing black n white

Least I got the 40k bit right, not my fault the other 27,000 or so haven’t seen the light
I bloody hope they don’t, I’ll be on the waitlist forever haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also seriously considering purchasing a membership for 2019. I'm considering joining the cheersquad as well. I've finally got the money to do it. I usually sit in MCC with mates purchasing a visitor ticket, and over the years, I've been disappointed at the size of our cheersquad at times in relative to the other team. MCC is also terrible in terms of crowd involvement, and I think we as a supporter base should really get chants more involved.

I attended the Grand Final this year and I was very impressed by the West Coast Eagles supporter base at the ground. We clearly outnumbered them in terms of numbers, but man they matched us in noise. It's powerful to hear "Eagles" chant after every goal kicked. I have a lot of mutual respect for Eagles supporters after the Grand Final. I can't imagine what it would be like to be an Eagles supporter at Optus Stadium. That's what I would love Collingwood supporters to turn the MCG as.
Re the Eagles. They had alot of the standing room in afl members. The sound reverberates underneath the ground.

Last edited:
I’ll travel interstate to a Collingwood for the first time next year. Adelaide seems like a fun road trip.
Highly recommend traveling to Adelaide. Relatively cheap to fly to, and hotels are a good price as well. Also really easy to get around once you get into the CBD. Adelaide Oval is also an amazing stadium.

I bloody hope they don’t, I’ll be on the waitlist forever haha
Do you know of a way to find out your current position on the wait list? It usually comes out when your membership renews but not sure if it’s updated.

Highly recommend traveling to Adelaide. Relatively cheap to fly to, and hotels are a good price as well. Also really easy to get around once you get into the CBD. Adelaide Oval is also an amazing stadium.

I traveled to Adelaide in 2015 for our Thursday night game against Port was an unreal experience.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile appView attachment 568659

I couldn't find a thread on all things 2019 membership, so figured I would create one.

A fantastic year for our club, all things considered. Going down in the GF by less than a kick hurts, but I think our club will be better for it next season.

I'll be looking to upgrade my interstate membership next year to something that *may* guarantee me more and better seats. Another mate and I are already sweating on the fixture to plan the year ahead.

Spot on. Best thing we can do is get behind the footy club even more than we did this year. From WA - will be upgrading mine also.

Memberships are on sale now, just got an email from the club saying my auto renew is happening 22nd of October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back