List Mgmt. 2020 Best 25

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see the MC select the 22/26 (including emergencies) players that are in the best form and provide the best team balance each week - if Jenkins is in form & deserving of a spot then Jenkins should be selected, if a veteran like Tuohy is out of form then send him back to the VFL rather than shifting him around to find a spot for him etc

And if it's a toss of a coin between 2 players, then good luck with making the decision because doubt everyone will be happy with the way the coin lands...
Agree!! We can't write the likes of Jenkins off before the season has started. The guy averages 2 goals a game and can ruck. If he's fit and in form, he has to be considered. And if Zack Tuohy can overcome the knee injury that restricted him in 2019 and find the form that made him an automatic inclusion in his first few seasons, then he should be considered

super post. I would switch out Menegola with Guthrie, but aside from that, to quote Donald, it’s a perfect team! 😂 I will say - I’ll dead set spew if they play that big potato Jenkins instead of Freddy.

We dont need to play either Jenkins or Freddy.

Agree!! We can't write the likes of Jenkins off before the season has started. The guy averages 2 goals a game and can ruck. If he's fit and in form, he has to be considered. And if Zack Tuohy can overcome the knee injury that restricted him in 2019 and find the form that made him an automatic inclusion in his first few seasons, then he should be considered
Exactly.
New season, clean slate, everybody is up for consideration, including Parsons.

Jenkins will play and play well.
The fact they picked him means they need his skillset and Hawkins cannot carry the lead.
If we had him last year we may have had a more favourable outcome.
You are right in the fact that he was picked, taken, drafted, meant that we did not have anyone in the fwd 50 kicking enough goals last year, or a player in the VFL ready to step up & do that.

Whether he proves to be the solution this season remains to be seen.

For myself, I'd like to see him have to earn it.

We dont need to play either Jenkins or Freddy.
I can't see Krueger playing a game this year barring an injury or suspension (looking at you Hawkins) crisis honestly, he'd be last in the pecking order.

I can't see Krueger playing a game this year barring an injury or suspension (looking at you Hawkins) crisis honestly, he'd be last in the pecking order.

He needs to show immediate impact (JLT) and kick multiple goals regularly, improvement and consistency is what's required from him.

You won't be alone, but I have the horrible feeling it's going to happen.

You have a horrible feeling they'll select someone who's kicked two hundred and ninety six goals (averaged two a game for the past seven seasons) ahead of someone who hasn't played a game and who didn't exactly set the world alight at VFL level last year?

Last edited:
Best 22 assuming all fit (la la land):

Fb. Clark. Blicavs. Kolo
Hb. O’connor. Henry. Stewart
C. Duncan. Danger. Parfitt
Hf. Miers. Esava. Cockatoo
Ff. Dahl. Hawkins. Ablett
Foll. Stanley. Steven. Narkle
Int. Jenkins. Guthrie. Selwood. Atkins

- Taylor first tall def in reserve
- Fogarty to build first in vfl
- Atkins more mid time (tagged type)
- Narkle big mins on ball
- bews Constable Menegola emerg
- Ablett to play 15 games max
- Tuohy reserve winger
- Selwood coming off the bench for high impact and rested for finals

My take on best 22 which I must say is the hardest selection since 2011 given our current superb depth, so there is much anticipation with the 2020 season.... GO CATS!

Footnote: big fan of Cockatoo, Narkle and Krueger, so must to be in side if fit and healthy.

Special request: no more Chris Scott brain fades, it's OK to outsmart opposition but not yourself!

Jack Henry.... Mark Blicavs.... Tom Stewart
Mark O'Connor.... Harry Taylor.... Jake Kolodjashnij
Jordan Clark.... Joel Selwood.... Mitch Duncan
Gary Ablett Jnr.... Esava Ratugolea.... Gryan Miers
Luke Dahlhaus.... Tom Hawkins.... Nakia Cockatoo

Rhys Stanley.... Patrick Dangerfield.... Jack Steven

Nathan Krueger.... Brandan Parfitt.... Sam Menegola.... Quinton Narkle

Some unlucky to miss but if fit, in form and suit team balance could easily replace injured or out of form player/s
Cam Guthrie.... Tom Atkins.... Zach Touhy.... Josh Jenkins.... Gary Rohan.... Jed Bews.... Charlie Constable

Next tier
Lachie Fogarty.... James Parsons.... Darcy Fort.... Sam Simpson.... Lachie Henderson.... Zach Guthrie

New youngsters and added bonus if come up as per Jordan Clark 2019
Cooper Stephens.... Francis Evans.... Cameron Taheny.... Sam De Koning.... Bradley Close

Question mark?
Oscar Brownless.... Jake Tarca.... Stephen Okunbor.... Jacob Kennerley.... Blake Schlensog.... Ben Jarvis
Not a bad effort that one
Here's a novelty team with speed off the wings and the quickest centerline in our history
Henry Blicavs Kolo
Stewart Taylor O'Connor
Rohan Cockatoo Clark
Miers Hawkins Dahlhaus
Ablett Jenkins Steven
Ratagolea Dangerfield Selwood
Stanley Narkle Parfitt Duncan
Em Constable, Kreuger, Atkins, Menegola, Tuohy, Guthrie, Henderson, Fogarty, Stephens, Taheny

Not a bad effort that one
Here's a novelty team with speed off the wings and the quickest centerline in our history
Henry Blicavs Kolo
Stewart Taylor O'Connor
Rohan Cockatoo Clark
Miers Hawkins Dahlhaus
Ablett Jenkins Steven
Ratagolea Dangerfield Selwood
Stanley Narkle Parfitt Duncan
Em Constable, Kreuger, Atkins, Menegola, Tuohy, Guthrie, Henderson, Fogarty, Stephens, Taheny
That is going to take some beating
But 1976 , 77 maybe??
Mick Turner, Bryan Cousins, Robert Neal
All 3 were speedsters, none more so than Turner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is going to take some beating
But 1976 , 77 maybe??
Mick Turner, Bryan Cousins, Robert Neal
All 3 were speedsters, none more so than Turner
Saw that midfield. Not as fast as current suggested midfield.
Loved those guys though. Turner a genius on field. Scratcher was one of my faves
Reckon Rohan would look a bit like scratcher off a wing

You have a horrible feeling they'll select someone who's kicked two hundred and ninety six goals (averaged two a game for the past seven seasons) ahead of someone who hasn't played a game and who didn't exactly set the world alight at VFL level last year?

Kreuger’s Stats compared favourably to Sav’s 2017 VFL numbers so well worth giving the opportunity. Praccy games will give some indication...

Kreuger’s Stats compared favourably to Sav’s 2017 VFL numbers so well worth giving the opportunity. Praccy games will give some indication...

Not writing him off by any means, just don't see him being in the same league as Jenkins (at present) and also behind Sav, so going to be hard for him to break into the side this year, barring injuries.

Triple M
LISTEN
NEWSWINTHE CLUB

• NEWSAFL NEWSGARY ROHAN DETHRONED AS THE AFL'S FASTEST PLAYER
Gary Rohan Dethroned As The AFL's Fastest Player
Down to third place!
Article heading image for Gary Rohan Dethroned As The AFL's Fastest Player

(Image: Getty)
Gary Rohan has been dethroned as the AFL's fastest player.
Rohan had clocked the fastest speed in any game this season, according to the AFL app, hitting 35.3 kilometres per hour against Melbourne in round 15.
He managed to hit the same top speed against GWS, too.
But it's not enough to secure his spot.
Both Fremantle defender Ethan Hughes and Brisbane young gun Eric Hipwood managed to clock in even quicker.
Hipwood took top spot with a searing 35.7 km/h against Geelong two weeks ago.
He takes first place over Hughes, who was pipped, hitting 35.6 km/h against West Coast last Sunday.
Collingwood winger Will Hoskin-Elliott also slipped into the top five in round 17.
The race is heating up!
The fastest players in the competition
Source: AFL Live app
1. Eric Hipwood (Brisbane) - 35.7 kilometres per hour
2. Ethan Hughes (Fremantle) - 35.6 kilometres per hour
3. Gary Rohan (Sydney) - 35.3 kilometres per hour
4. Connor Menadue (Richmond) - 35.0 kilometres per hour
5. Will Hoskin-Elliott (Collingwood) - 34.9 kilometres per hour
6. Jason Castagna (Richmond) - 34.8 kilometres per hour
6. Shai Bolton (Richmond) - 34.8 kilometres per hour
8. Jayden Hunt (Melbourne) - 34.7 kilometres per hour
9. Daniel Menzel (Geelong) - 34.6 kilometres per hour
9. Kayne Turner (North Melbourne) - 34.6 kilometres per hour
9. Charlie Cameron (Adelaide) - 34.6 kilometres per hour
9. Harry Taylor (Geelong) - 34.6 kilometres per hour
9. Daniel Rioli (Richmond) - 34.6 kilometres per hour

This is a couple of years old 2017,Daniel Menzel and Harry Taylor equal 8th.Deceptive.

While I appreciate the point being made here it's worth bearing in mind that Sav was really bad at VFL level in 2017, and had a massive leap forward between years.

When I initially said I had a weird hunch he'd be playing in the 2018 preseason I was met with doubt at the time iirc. Definitely there weren't many on the same page as me.

Toni Polinelli was quicker than either of these two..."scratcher" was definitely an ugly ranger..was quick tho.
I recall Polinelli quite well. A real speedster for sure, and a Bendigo Gift winner, came close at Stawell (1966). Goggin was also really quick in those days.
Yet for sheer speed with the ball, Turner was just as electrifying, if not more, with those rangy legs of his.

I recall Polinelli quite well. A real speedster for sure, and a Bendigo Gift winner, came close at Stawell (1966). Goggin was also really quick in those days.
Yet for sheer speed with the ball, Turner was just as electrifying, if not more, with those rangy legs of his.
Yep Turner with ball tucked under arm was the true old fashioned wingman speed to burn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back