2020 Carji Greeves Medal - Thursday 29 October

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 998173

Image courtesy of krock

Bews Haters gonna say it's fake

Well done to Cam on a well deserved B&F - is he finally becoming what we all thought he could be?

Top 3 would all have been deserving winners too, I reckon.

Top 10 has a few surprises on first viewing, but on reflection you'd have to say it's pretty spot on.

Seeing Mark the Shark up there just reminds me I'll have to post in the I Was Wrong Thread when he hits 250 games :p

I think nearly every year our board MVP is always the Carji Greeves Medalist. Congrats to Cam Guthrie, thoroughly deserved.
Should add the BigFooty MVP to the running order for the night, to be announced after the "best clubman" award

I can see it now...
Colin Carter: And the BF award goes to Cam Guthrie! Congratulations Cam, and now we're going to read out a few juicy posts from your early years...

Last edited:
Chuffed for Cuthrie. Showed that the late 2019 form was not an aberration.

Made huge strides from the uncertain, panicky player with wonky foot skills of 2018. Kudos to Scott for trusting him to be the ball winner mid rather than a sometime tagger.

Looking forward to him backing up that form again in 2021.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rapt for Cam Guthrie.
Always rated him, and this year, he really stepped up big time as a full-time mid.
Lots of opposition supporters have commented to me that they thought Guthrie was our MVP this year, which is huge considering we have Hawkins, Danger and Blicavs as well.
The top 6 really self- select almost in order. (First time I have ever picked the 6 in order.)

Cam deserved to win from Hawk so a just result. I’d love to know how Mitch finished top 5. Especially given he missed games with the hammy incl the game he hurt it. Duncs was just going for much of the year. No way had the year of Menegola.

Surprised Menegola didn't finish higher, thought he had a great year.

Congratulations to Guthrie though, absolutely deserving winner.

Chuffed for Cuthrie. Showed that the late 2019 form was not an aberration.

Made huge strides from the uncertain, panicky player with wonky foot skills of 2018. Kudos to Scott for trusting him to be the ball winner mid rather than a sometime tagger.

Looking forward to him backing up that form again in 2021.
And a really good example of a kid, who is played continuously, who gets the games under his belt, and low and behold he is a champion. So lets watch out for Steven, Jenkins and Smith in coming years -well the next two years anyway.

And a really good example of a kid, who is played continuously, who gets the games under his belt, and low and behold he is a champion. So lets watch out for Steven, Jenkins and Smith in coming years -well the next two years anyway.

Guthrie was good enough to earn a best 22 spot, finish top 3 in our B&F as a youngster and have a number of high quality performances in big games and finals. Parfitt, Henry, O'Connor and Miers might be in that class but they're getting games anyway. Pumping games into ordinary kids who don't demand their place and can't elevate in big games is more likely to get you a Murdoch, Parsons or Taylor Hunt than a Guthrie.

I think the biggest lesson is to us fans that when a kid produces quality performances but then struggles to live up to the hype even if they're still clearly best 22 we should stick with them rather than throw them to the wolves or demand they're replaced by worse players just because they're younger. Something to think about next time Miers, Parfitt, O'Connor or Henry have an ordinary game and people start demanding they be dropped and saying they must have dirt on Chris Scott to keep being selected.

Geelong BigFooty MVP, Carji Medal winner, top 10 in the Brownlow and now the 2020 Ford Fan MVP

Congrats to Guthrie on his 2020 season, and really happy to see it recognised

Remove this Banner Ad

Back