Autopsy Cats lose to Freo by 29 in Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

When you look at it, we've lost:

Selwood.......enough said.

Then:

Backline: SDK & Henry

MF - Stanley, Danger, Guthrie, Duncan

Forward: Rohan and Stengle

They're big hits across all lines, and then factor in the early form of Hawkins, the decline of Cameron, and the issues we're having with the form of other players, PLUS the limited (naturally) contribution that the likes of Dempsey, Knevitt, Clark etc have been able to bring to the table.

We're skint.

Plus our depth has been smashed... I don't know how many of Menegola, Bowes, O Henry would play if we had zero injuries but they're all clearly ahead of the Whyte/Dempsey types. When you take out 6-8 best 22 players plus the players most likely to replace them, it becomes unsustainable, which we've seen over the past fortnight.

Plus our depth has been smashed... I don't know how many of Menegola, Bowes, O Henry would play if we had zero injuries but they're all clearly ahead of the Whyte/Dempsey types. When you take out 6-8 best 22 players plus the players most likely to replace them, it becomes unsustainable, which we've seen over the past fortnight.

I feel like O Henry could be a good sub option - we saw the impact he had when he came on against Hawthorn, and he's also shown be can provide an option down back if needed

Walyalup v Geelong​

10 Andrew Brayshaw (WAL)
8 Caleb Serong (WAL)
3 Luke Ryan (WAL)
3 Ethan Hughes (WAL)
2 Jaeger O'Meara (WAL)
2 Sean Darcy (WAL)
1 Bailey Banfield (WAL)
1 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)

I have only caught up with the anti Warhorse posts ...Just a few points...

1) It is not the role of posters to urge other posters to leave the Board. The Mods will make those calls

2) Posters are entitled to be silent or not attend this Board and as such, should not be criticised for not contributing.

3) There is an element of trolling in Warhorse's posts.which the Mod team are aware of. It's not yet reached a level that requires action.

4) While I often disagree with his assessments, which are predominantly negative, he does post positive POV's on occasions.

5) He is a very regular poster in the MVP voting threads, even when he is, apparently, silent in other threads.

Perhaps Warhorse should take on board his posts attract criticism and temper his language a little.

Often its not what you say, but how you say it.

Season is slipping away ........... we just need to scratch out a win Vs GWS this week and hope to get the Dogs off guard the week later. Drop one or both those games and I think we're almost cooked for this season.
Spot on - surely we beat GWS - even W/Coast beat them - youd think the Cats with some big changes in the midfield would win that one - i wont say handsomely - i will take any sort of win

And Geelong have had the wood on Footscray for a long long time

If we can't beat GWS at home we will have lost 3 in a row against teams that won't be playing finals. Surely we win this week.

Agree with most of this, although I will say that while Atkins and Holmes have been unimpressive, I'd also say they played at the level I would have expected them to play sans Danger and Guthrie. Atkins is just a B-grader whose best football is played as the defensive support to elite attacking inside mids like Danger or Selwood. He doesn't have the capacity to lead the line at an A-grade level in the absence of Danger and Guthrie simply because he's not good enough. Holmes likewise isn't able to do so because he's just not ready yet.
I'll come out in defence of Atkins here. Vs. Tigers he was probably our best mid and easily in our top 5 players. Freo simply did a number on him. He was basically blocked by Fyfe early (who monsters everyone) and Serong most of the game. They did the same with Holmes. We were simply out of numbers in the midfield. Freo mids are very good and have some maturity in there. I don't think it's a lack of talent, but you are 100% correct that they were both called upon to play a role they have not had to play prior to these last two weeks.

Also, I just don’t see a player in knevitt. He’s gotten a lot of praise on this board but apart from a strong overhead mark (coz of his height), I find him a liability. poor kick, quite lethargic in his style, slow and awkward. He’s not why we lost, our whole team should cop it before a young player but I think this board has shot their load way too early on this kid for lack of actual output
I think he's got some skills. Put some meat on him and a give him a tank and there's a potential Joel Corey in there. Two years.

Perhaps Warhorse should take on board his posts attract criticism and temper his language a little.
Why? Many of his views have some degree of credence.
A pessimistic outlook sometimes, but he clearly loves the cats and tempering his language to pander to those who cannot deal with his opinions is a sad outcome.
Some of us don’t want this forum to be a rose coloured echo chamber.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back