Teams 2020 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birchall an option ? ......his name hasn't been discussed much
I doubt he'll play
Similar injury worries
Scoring probably capped at 80-85

If Robbo doesn't line up in round 1, I'll shuffle my team to build the bank to grab another premo

Wasn't he cleared last season as well ?? .....are people assuming Roberton will play the same role as 3 years ago, under a new Coach / Gameplan
Last season they didnt have a clear diagnosis of what the actual problem was. This time around, they seem at have much more clarity on what the issue is and how to manage it.

From watching him in match sim, his will be our designated kick in guy (which he was in charge of from a coaching side last year) and half back.

No, I understand the logic ..... Roberton didn't play week 1 ...I'd be worried with one PS game only after 2 years out
He has a slight cork after the intraclub (which he played in full) so will play this weekend in a scratch match against Hawthorn than the last preseason game the following week, so will still get 2 games into him.

Last season they didnt have a clear diagnosis of what the actual problem was. This time around, they seem at have much more clarity on what the issue is and how to manage it.

From watching him in match sim, his will be our designated kick in guy (which he was in charge of from a coaching side last year) and half back.

He has a slight cork after the intraclub (which he played in full) so will play this weekend in a scratch match against Hawthorn than the last preseason game the following week, so will still get 2 games into him.

So are you picking Roberton ??

Let's keep it at 26% ownership

Neither do I. He played more and more in the midfield as the season went on last year and with the personel changes I can only see it increasing this year.
Post bye last season he averaged 124. More importantly in the best 6 of those last 10 games he averaged 148. First mid picked for me.
Bunch of nuffies I tell ya

He's hit 90 twice in like 7 or 8 seasons mate.
More than Caleb Daniel, McGovern, Harris Andrews, Brodie Smith, same as Sicily, one time less than Rich lol

There's nobody else down back in his price range that CAN be a keeper

Are you just trying to convince yourself not to start him? You're arguing with me as if I am trying to convince everybody here to take him. Let's just agree to disagree and move on lol

More than Caleb Daniel, McGovern, Harris Andrews, Brodie Smith, same as Sicily, one time less than Rich lol

There's nobody else down back in his price range that CAN be a keeper

Are you just trying to convince yourself not to start him? You're arguing with me as if I am trying to convince everybody here to take him. Let's just agree to disagree and move on lol

I'm trying to convince you not to take him as your expectations are far too generous. You reckon he'll hit 400k? He breaks down every second season & has hit 90 twice.

Good luck when he breaks down at 300k and you need to burn 2 trades on turning him into a prem.

I'm trying to convince you not to take him as your expectations are far too generous. You reckon he'll hit 400k? He breaks down every second season & has hit 90 twice.

Good luck when he breaks down at 300k and you need to burn 2 trades on turning him into a prem.
A defender who plays loose, takes marks and will take kick-ins, if he stays fit, he will 100% get to $400k, even with an average of ~80. He will have a few games where he goes 100+ with bulk marks and 20+ kicks

The worry is his heart, if it plays up again and he's ruled out, he will be out for the year, no doubt retiring. If that's the case, I'll figure it out

Do you see anybody between $200k and $400k in defence that provides value? I don't. Maybe Jayden Short, but he'd have to pump out 100+ scores in both Marsh matches for me to even consider him

Where's your team? Give me the link to the post

If he doesn't break down then he's going 80 at worst. The issue with him before his health hit was at times having to play as a lock down defender. There's no need for him to do that anymore - he's going to score well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

few different picks which I don't mind.

The one pick I'd have the biggest issue with. is Dan Butler.
Never going to be a keeper, very unlikely. to. average 85ish to make enough coin for it to be worth it.

Surely be better taking Roberton for an extra 20k and switch Hill to fwd line.

Has anyone considered Patton over Ceglar?
NO KPF 's ......it's up there in the Top 10 SuperCoach Commandments ...or should be

Holding Ceglar for a potential injury to Gawndy ....if a one weeker :thumbsu: .....but 4 weeks & there would be better ruck options than Ceglar .....will he in the meantime score enough to hold a spot as a FWD ??

1582870823698.png

NO KPF 's ......it's up there in the Top 10 SuperCoach Commandments ...or should be

Holding Ceglar for a potential injury to Gawndy ....if a one weeker :thumbsu: .....but 4 weeks & there would be better ruck options than Ceglar .....will he in the meantime score enough to hold a spot as a FWD ??

View attachment 830605

I think Richmond's Tom Lynch is just obvious to start the season with.

View attachment 830605

correct me if im wrong but hasnt he been a backup ruck for most of that time. That makes his prior history irrelevant. Will be number 1 guy now according to all reports.

First game scored 80 in 65% tog against ryder and marshall. His cbas were the highest for the hawks in that game iirc but the only question i have is why was his tog so low in that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back