List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I've worked it out.

He comes from an incredibly stupid family who aren't educated, every time he sits down at Dinner time, he wows them with something he's managed to remember from news,com.au. And this delusion has carried on throughout his early adult life and now, when faced with people who are able to use google or even better, have actually studied economics, he is in this conundrum of being found out to be the fraud he is, or double down with the Narcism and baseless attacks/head in the sand (as Pykie mentioned). Some of the financial stuff he was going on about was fanciful and nonsensical.

All credit to him for getting the ESPN gig, I like to see young bucks doing well, but an iota of personal analysis that wasn't blatant plagiarism wouldn't go astray.

For a Draft Watcher, I guess putting your balls on the line is doing a Mock Draft 1 month out and not updating it 3 days from the Draft... something i'm not sure he's ever considered.

He hasn't bothered with a mock this year.

Power Rankings only.

Watch the mock draft drop online the minute after Cal Twomey's final mock does.

The hype, the hype, the hype, he is the next Jono Brown, he is the next Dusty Martin, he is the next Chris Judd, he is the next Nat Fyfe, and they are all in the one year, and so the BS is spruiked year after year. The reality is that most may or may not end up with decent AFL careers, they are just young blokes who are having a crack and hoping to follow their dreams.

The hype, the hype, the hype, he is the next Jono Brown, he is the next Dusty Martin, he is the next Chris Judd, he is the next Nat Fyfe, and they are all in the one year, and so the BS is spruiked year after year. The reality is that most may or may not end up with decent AFL careers, they are just young blokes who are having a crack and hoping to follow their dreams.
Well you just ruined my draft night. Only joking. Yeah you are probably right but we can only hope. Just have to wait and see in a few years time.

Last edited:
Mitch Hibberd interviewed:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/12...g-to-fulfil-untapped-potential-at-third-club/

When Essendon picked him up, they said we want a big bodied mid that can support Shiel & Merret. They said if he was to get an opportunity in the AFL side he wouldn’t play any other position other than on ball.

Sure enough, he gets his shot and they play him on the wing and half forward. They blew smoke up his ass big time.

Don’t blame him for being a bit shitty at not getting a chance in the dons midfield

I've vouched that this guy works really hard on his conditioning. But that's essentially the same result for him at 2 clubs now.

He doesn’t come across to me as a big bodied mid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should've watched him at Williamstown last year. His inside midfield craft and clearance ability was fantastic.

I suspect however, that he is just a dash slow (decision making wise) to make that transition to AFL level as a genuine inside mid.

Should've watched him at Williamstown last year. His inside midfield craft and clearance ability was fantastic.

I suspect however, that he is just a dash slow (decision making wise) to make that transition to AFL level as a genuine inside mid.
Would he be ok as a back up incase 1 of our inside mid gets injured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure we would offer Wood a VFL spot.

VFL is only an option if players think they can get back into the AFL system. Financially, it is not worth it.

One of our delisted players (not Mason) has been offered $2500 a game to run around in a border league or he can get $500 playing VFL (not at North VFL).

VFL is only an option if players think they can get back into the AFL system. Financially, it is not worth it.

One of our delisted players (not Mason) has been offered $2500 a game to run around in a border league or he can get $500 playing VFL (not at North VFL).

I think someone like Mason could make a mint playing suburban or country footy, but he'd have to basically concede he can't make it back to the AFL. He's probably still young enough that he could give the VFL a red hot crack and if he doesn't get picked up in the mid-season draft or as a DFA next year, he could then go and play locally.

I reckon most likely scenario is he goes back to Geelong and makes money playing for someone like Ocean Grove or Barwon Heads etc.

I think someone like Mason could make a mint playing suburban or country footy, but he'd have to basically concede he can't make it back to the AFL. He's probably still young enough that he could give the VFL a red hot crack and if he doesn't get picked up in the mid-season draft or as a DFA next year, he could then go and play locally.

I reckon most likely scenario is he goes back to Geelong and makes money playing for someone like Ocean Grove or Barwon Heads etc.
The only problem for Wood in the lower leagues is that the players still bump and hard, he doesn't really like that does he?

Wood has played heaps and heaps of VFL football, he doesn't set the world on fire, does he?

Our VFL side is going to be packed with kids who didn't get drafted this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back