Live Event 2021 AFL National Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

TDS7

Team Captain
Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We really should have traded JOM, Mitchell, Breust and Gunston.

Not sure how any of them are going to get a game next year with Ward, MacDonald, Butler and Serong coming straight in for Round 1.

🤷‍♂️
Ditch Winguard too so we can fit the first every rookie pick to win a Brownlow in his first season, Ned Long, right in there.

Bremner20

All Australian
Sep 16, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Not sure how any of them are going to get a game next year with Ward, MacDonald, Butler and Serong coming straight in for Round 1.

🤷‍♂️
Bit of a statement this draft IYAM that our current midfield group particularly the ones we traded in at the expense of all those draft picks don’t really have the confidence of the new coaching group anymore to bring us any success in the immediate to mid term future that’s for sure .

Lego23

Premium Gold
Aug 9, 2017
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Not sure if it has been mentioned (probably has)

But reminder that the Suns traded pick 19 (Johnson) just to dump Will Brodie...

Embarrassing club

Apr 19, 2006
The local Satanist Cabal
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Storm, Spurs, Socceroos

🤷‍♂️
They'll get games in 2022, but I think we'll follow a similar trade week plan for 2022 where we attempt to move a player or two from the 28+ brigade out for picks or pick upgrades.

H00t

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Definitely looks a really good draft haul for us. 4 mids all with different skill sets. A lovely increase of talent in our weakest area of the ground (imo).

Would think Ward gets good game time next year. Plus I’d like to see MacDonald and Butler play some games. Serong will take time but looks a likely type.

Our future midfield is looking a lot more promising now.

Adding a Wardlaw, Tsatas or Holland next year will really cap it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Going by the player comparisons that must have been some sort of draft, a Tom Hawkins comparison went at Pick 57.

The hands of stone

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
First to admit , I dont follow the draft and under 18s players as much as others .
See highlights hear the chat , all that stuff.

Our recruiters have done really well in the last few drafts , so I'll back them in again.
Love we loaded on mids and love they all seem ripping kids too .

Wards composure ( only highlights ) looks absolute class , heard enough from people who know that Butler and Macdonald are great gets for us .
Serong ill back our recruiters in with , but looks a nice size .

Exciting stuff

Pessimistic

Make me an Admin!
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
They'll get games in 2022, but I think we'll follow a similar trade week plan for 2022 where we attempt to move a player or two from the 28+ brigade out for picks or pick upgrades.
Omeara Hartley O’Brien are 27 and next year only Sicily moves into that category

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad