List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me laugh home much of a vault our club is that none of this leaked and the VIC media reports what CCJ and Chol have for lunch

Should we be concerned about Wicksy?

Not at all. The negotiations have just hit a snag around the number upgrade. Swans hierarchy have put #2 and #15 on the table, but he’s holding out for Plugger’s #4. Clarke not being named in today’s delistings has thrown a spanner in the works, but they’ll work through it in due course

I wouldn’t mind Reid resigning for a year - still a decent player who could be valuable in our depleted defence. Whilst the likelihood of injury is very high, I feel he’s worth another year if on a salary that reflects risk.

this is the very attitude which has led to successful anti-trust cases against professional sports all over the world. there is a reason there is no draft in the NRL.
you have to accept players have rights as well. The west Australian kid mightn’t want to stay at north losing every game and getting beaten up. Every imposition on freedom of contract has to be justified. you should only impose the minimum restrictions you can.
if a club can’t look after the kid after two years then trade and move on, Wayne Schwass did all right

I admit that I didn't consider anti-trust cases ...

Wayne Schwass spent 10 years at North before he moved.

Media isn't going to give up the narrative;

Swans pair reject rivals amid cap squeeze
Sydney’s salary cap squeeze is making life difficult for them, but they’ve managed to lock down in-demand pair Hayden McLean and Dylan Stephens.

I wouldn’t mind Reid resigning for a year - still a decent player who could be valuable in our depleted defence. Whilst the likelihood of injury is very high, I feel he’s worth another year if on a salary that reflects risk.

I want Reid to re-sign, but hopefully on our terms this time. On all accounts, since his early days of looking like a superstar, has been very well paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Will Gould comes on it would be very convenient

i know almost nothing of his reserves form but the clips of him at state junior level are enough to think he's worth persisting a bit longer with ... happy to see the club think the same ... there seems something of the jeremy mcgovern in him, let's see what another pre-season does for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back