Autopsy 2022 Round 1 - GWS Giants vs Sydney Swans, Accor Stadium, Saturday 19th March, 5.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Green ready to destroy the comp.

When Tom Green took that grab the whole AFL world took note.

Watched most of the game on train but everything seems pretty good,
Phil been awesome on Buddy
Green is taking the leap
Bit worried about Ash
Hill looks great
Cogs and hopper a bit down but think they’ll be fine
De Boer also looked pretty effective tackling really well
Himmelberg having one of his great games or taking a step forward?

Missed chances in the last quarter cost us, don't think either wings gave us enough, we were right with the swans up until the end when we didn't take advantage of our chances. Taranto missed the overlap handball to then miss the goal, Bobby missed his chance, Taranto out on the full on the boundry, Flynn out on the full (although that was a difficult chance) and the Brander miss as well. Sucks we didn't win but not too disheartened by this loss and doesn't really change my view on this team long term. Toby would be a huge addition and a fit Hogan helps as well thought Riccardi went missing for most of the game and same for HH in the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan and Haynes in.
Brander and ?? Out.

Id like to see Preuss come in too.
Brander and Keefe maybe MDB (he didn't play particularly poor but he's one of the obvious ones on the fringes) as well if Preuss was to come in.

So disappointed with the loss as it is important to get a good start to the season to not be chasing wins in the back half of the year

Poor goalkicking
Lack of body on Parker in the F50
Poor ball movement after half time
Lack of defensive work after half time

Some positives
Green and Flynn
Idun
Davis on Franklin
Hoping no injuries but I didnt notice anything in the game

Overall some really good signs against a quality side

If hogan isn’t right then straight swap brander for Preus ( we need someone who can clunk/bring to ground in the 50)
Keefe for Haynes (against most teams Davis/Taylor/Keefe is too tall)
Bruhn has to come in for MDB.

I think the experiment needs longer but outside run on the wings didn’t materialise with XO and Ash. There is a spot opening up for Angwin on one of the wings.

So disappointed with the loss as it is important to get a good start to the season to not be chasing wins in the back half of the year

Poor goalkicking
Lack of body on Parker in the F50
Poor ball movement after half time
Lack of defensive work after half time

Some positives
Green and Flynn
Idun
Davis on Franklin
Hoping no injuries but I didnt notice anything in the game
Thought I saw Whitfield grab his groin at some stage after he seemed to get a light push over the boundary line maybe it was nothing.

Overall some really good signs against a quality side

If hogan isn’t right then straight swap brander for Preus ( we need someone who can clunk/bring to ground in the 50)
Keefe for Haynes (against most teams Davis/Taylor/Keefe is too tall)
Bruhn has to come in for MDB.

I think the experiment needs longer but outside run on the wings didn’t materialise with XO and Ash. There is a spot opening up for Angwin on one of the wings.
Not only Angwin but also Finn as the season gets going and gets up to proper fitness and has some games in the 2s under his belt

Swans were a lot cleaner when the ball was in contest, and got their numbers out while we fumbled and knocked it around. Almost had enough momentum to hold on but when the Swans put three quick goals on at the beginning of the fourth it just looked like we were running in mud. Hopefully more energy next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back