Fantasy 2023 BETA - Discussion

What punishment/s should be meted out for 2022s unsportsmanlike play?

• No punishment, but throw the book at any offenders next time!

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Gin drops to 3, Beads punished already by score alteration at the time.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Both teams drop down 3 spots

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Both teams drop to 11/12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I like max 5 QBS, and like the flex of the 2nd RB possie too.

Also I like the IR spots being counted as part of the position max - so someone can't say add two QBs to IR and also carry 6 on their main roster.

Actually lets go for 7 starting TEs as well, who's with me?

I am actually for both changes to be honest. That being said, crunching the numbers, I don't believe there'll be a major shift up or down for anyone. Though I'm more inclined to have these changes made for next season, not this season.

3/12 teams currently do not have at least 2 starting QBs on their roster. 3/12 teams have more than 5 QBs, and of those three, if they dropped to 5 QBs none would be a difference maker to those without. BUt the flow on effect would be beneficial in the long-term, IMO.

Same as RB, 3/12 don't have two viable RBs. Changing would help this teams, which I'm cool with, I know the pain of trying to decide between s**t back #1 or s**t back #2...

BeinPurplenGreen the ultimate draft speed hump in any given year!

Get off to a good start and start a draft flying BPG says hold my beer and watch me not pick for 2 days plus! 🤦‍♀️🤣

BeinPurplenGreen the ultimate draft speed hump in any given year!

Get off to a good start and start a draft flying BPG says hold my beer and watch me not pick for 2 days plus! 🤦‍♀️🤣

No real rush, but I'll send him a msg tomorrow if need be.

Could be worse... 2 picks in almost 7 full days in Jailhouse draft...

Sorry for the delay, the spreadsheet said we were at pick 8, not my pick, I haven't been on BF for nearly a week due to work.

fuey you are up - and could you maybe update the draft spreadsheet, it won't let me edit it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corral dropped by TCol

Newton dropped by panda2com

Just waiting on BeinPurplenGreen SO I DON'T TAKE 4-DAYS TO ENTER THE FN DRAFT RESULTS! :p
:p:p
Drop KJOsborn please... and then take 7 weeks to enter anything...

Draft has been put through and done and dusted, so we now have 4-days of waivers, so fill any gaps you want to, and they'll go through Friday.

I did * up, and Panda had too many WRs and QBs still.

He has elected to drop Bridgewater, Dortch and Ross

Galactic had one too many players also, so waiting on him to get back to me on who to drop for Felix Ramadamadingdong or whatever his name was!

Ding Dong GIF

What a waste the first round pick I used on Trey Lance has turned into.

In fairness, Dak's only completed a full season in one of the last three. He's gonna be at that crossroad for another couple just yet, so you might get some use out of Trey yet...

And at least you didn't trade up for him... John Lynch is a genius, is he??

In fairness, Dak's only completed a full season in one of the last three. He's gonna be at that crossroad for another couple just yet, so you might get some use out of Trey yet...

And at least you didn't trade up for him... John Lynch is a genius, is he??

It’s true, he’s just lucky the 49ers have lucked out with late pick QB’s really

Week 1 is in the books! Not a very high scoring week overall, but most games were fairly close and a couple of early upsets!

Fueys Haze 198.1 def. TCols Stars 177.1
Offensive MVP
3. Tyreek Hill (FHZ) 45.5
2. Tua Tagavailoa (TCS) 33.8
1. Christian McCaffrey (TCS) 27.9

Defensive MVP
3. Matt Milano (FHZ) 16.0
2. Alex Singleton (TCS) 13.5
1. Eric Kendricks (TCS) 11.5

The long-time rivalry continues, with the reigning champ taking the chocolates! Over 20% of the total points scored came from Tagavailoa (TCS) and Hill (FHZ) combining for 79.4pts. Not enough contributors for the Stars in this one.

Galactic Gobsmackers 230.1 def. Pistols Dolphins 174.7
Offensive MVP
3. Mac Jones (GOB) 33.6
2. Aaron Jones (GOB) 26.7
1. Kirk Cousins (PID) 21.6

Defensive MVP
3. Tremaine Edmunds (GOB) 18.0
2. Foyesade Oloukun (PID) 16.5
1. Montez Sweat (PID) 16.0

Dolphins carry four player scoring less than 1pt was never a good start. Gobsmackers score the highest for the week with an impressive array of offensive weapons, one of the teams to watch!

Arakaans Assassins 222.9 def. Bismarck FC 184.4
Offensive MVP
3. Brandon Aiyuk (BFC) 33.9
2. Austin Ekeler (ARA) 27.9
1. Anthony Richardson (BFC) 24.2

Defensive MVP
3. Zaire Franklin (ARA) 24.5
2. TJ Watt (ARA) 23.0
1. Roquan Smith (BFC) 18.0

Assassins get the business done first up, with 11 players in double digit points. Bismarck not disgraced, had a few star performers and should be buoyed by the performace of first pick Anthony Richardson, the only rookie to earn an MVP vote in Week 1.

ConstantGin 184.4 def. Hedeby Berserkers 168.3
Offensive MVP
3. Calvin Ridley (GIN) 24.1
2. Trevor Lawrence (GIN) 22.1
1. Baker Mayfield (HED) 22.0

Defensive MVP
3. Josh Allen (GIN) 20.5
2. Antoine Winfield (GIN) 16.0
1. Derwin James Jr (GIN) 15.0

In a massive Week 1 upset, Gin takes down Championship hopefuls Berserkers. The wheeling and dealing of the off-season didn't help this week, but were missing a few top-tier players that could've helped. Nothing to worry about just yet...

Pandas Broncos 182.7 def Purple Vandals 162.4
Offensive MVP
3. Justin Jefferson (VAN) 26.0
2. Tony Pollard (PAN) 21.2
1. Devonta Smith (VAN) 17.7

Defensive MVP
3. Bobby Wagner (PAN) 25.0
2. Quay Walker (PAN) 17.5
1. Tyson Campbell (PAN) 17.0

The second upset of the week saw last year's runners up beaten by Panda and his Broncos. Broncos had 6/8 defenders in doub;r-digits which goes a long way to getting the W.

Beads Army 194.1 def Chevys Chasers 158.1
Offensive MVP
3. Jordan Love (CHC) 29.5
2. Stefon Diggs (BEA) 27.2
1. Justin Herbert (BEA) 25.0

Defensive MVP
3. Jake Elliott (BEA) 15.0
2. TJ Edwards (BEA) 13.0
1. Ed Oliver (BEA) 11.5

Chasers finally get a payoff for drafting Love, but it wasn't enough o pull off a victory. Beads Army had contributors top to bottom, and could be a sleeper in the 2023 Championship race.

A lot of high scores this week, a lot of close games, and quite a few unlucky losers! Really good week!

ConstantGin 170.1 def. Fueys Haze 160.3
Offensive MVP
3. Patrick Mahomes (FHZ) 28.1
2. Joe Burrow (FHZ) 22.0
1. Tank Dell (GIN) 21.5

Defensive MVP
3. Micah Parsons (GIN) 23.0
2. L'Jarius Sneed (GIN) 17.5
1. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (GIN) 10.0

Boy oh boy wowee... unfamiliar territory for Constantgin! One of three undefeated teams in the league. Seems a lot of his players flipped this week from good to bad, bad to good. God help us should he put it all together in one week. Haze in struggletown with the lowest score of the week!

Arakaans Assassins 279.9 def. Galactic Gobsmackers 232.0
Offensive MVP
3. Keenan Allen (ARA) 32.1
2. Jalen Hurts (GOB) 29.9
1. Lamar Jackson (ARA) 29.2

Defensive MVP
3. TJ Watt (ARA) 21.5
2. Logan Wilson (GOB) 14.5
1. Zaire Franklin (ARA) 13.5

Massive score from the Assassins, top score for the week, no Ekeler, no worries! Made possible becuase the lowest individual score for the team was 5, and only 4 players missed double-digits! Galactic unlucky,, posted some good scores but a few defenders didn't hit the mark!

Pistols Dolphins 217.2 def. Bismarck FC 216.4
Offensive MVP
3. Kirk Cousins (PID) 41.5
2. Nico Collins (BFC) 28.6
1. Dak Prescott (BFC) 26.7

Defensive MVP
3. Grant Delpit (BFC) 16.5
1.5. Fred Warner (BFC) 16.0
1.5. Jevon Holland (PID) 16.0

One of the smallest margins of victory in league history, the Dolphins squeak by the FC. Big day from Kirk Cousins saves the day, though if Richardson finishes the game, this one goes the other way...

Tcols Stars 209.6 def. Hedeby Berserkers 207.3
Offensive MVP
3. Daniel Jones (TCS) 38.3
2. Josh Allen (TCS) 32.6
1. Mike Evans (HED) 30.1

Defensive MVP
3. Jordan Whitehead (HED) 14.0
2. Divine Deablo (HED) 11.0
0.5. Sauce Gardner (HED) 10.0
0.5. Demario Davis (TCS) 10.0

Stars avoid the 0-2 start, a little lucky given some fairly low defensive scores. Daniel Jones's 2nd half couldn't have come at a better time for Tcol. Berserkers drop to 0-2, only 6.8pts from his two RBs was a killer.

Purple Vandals 252.1 def Chevys Chasers 225.2
Offensive MVP
3. Russel Wilson (CHC) 36.6
2. Geno Smith (VAN) 31.2
1. Kyren Williams (VAN) 30.1

Defensive MVP
3. Jordan Hicks (CHC) 15.5
2. Josey Jewell (CHC) 11.0
1. Cole Holcomb (CHC) 10.5

2022s runner up returns to form with a big score, 27+ pts from both RBs, 21+ from all three WRs and Geno Smith returning to last season's form. Chasers lowest individual score was 5, but a few too many single-digit scores, but overall a consitent effort from all positions.

Pandas Broncos 260.4 def Beads Army 214.5
Offensive MVP
3. Jared Goff (BEA) 31.6
2. Pica Nacua (PAN) 31.1
1. Justin Herbert (BEA) 29.9

Defensive MVP
3. Alex Highsmith (PAN) 27.5
2. CJ Mosley (BEA) 16.0
1. Quay Walker (PAN) 15.5

Quite a few big scores for the Broncos net a big one in Week 2, Kirk/Higgins/Nacua leading the way, with solid support from 4 RBs. Quarterbacks led the way for Beads' Army, posting a score that would win most weeks, but only the 8th best score this week!

Last edited:
Shocked I won the first 2 weeks mainly due to defense and rbs being s**t this year.

Back