Position 2023 Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butters I've never liked. In he's short time in the AFL he's proven to be a fantasy liability. It's not a case of will he miss games in 2023, its how many will he miss?

He's had so many head clashes in his career to date I suspect he'll be one never gets a full go in the middle for his own safety more than anything else

In fairness to Butters, he’s actually hardly ever had any head knock or concussion issues.

He’s just been unlucky the last few years with knee and ankle injuries which just come down to bad luck.

2021 was ruined by a unlucky tackle which injured his ankle and 2022 was a knee injury.

In fairness to Butters, he’s actually hardly ever had any head knock or concussion issues.

He’s just been unlucky the last few years with knee and ankle injuries which just come down to bad luck.

2021 was ruined by a unlucky tackle which injured his ankle and 2022 was a knee injury.
Hmm my memory doesnt serve me well then.
I swear he'd had his fair share of KO's.
Still, for some reason he's just a magnet for mayhem.

Curious, what does everyone see the Top 6 forwards as (basically anyone who will average 90 or over)

I've got it as -

1. Dunkley
2. Coniglio
3. Rozee
4. Taranto
5. D. Moore
6. Butters

Would that be accurate? If so, I may definitely now consider throwing Cogs into the mids, and then bringing Butters in for Miller, so I can grab English over D. Cameron, and shore up the ruck position.

Gives me both the likely Top 2 rucks in English and Marshall. Possibly 4 of the Top 10 defenders in Doch, Daicos, Salem and Yeo. Then 5 of the Top 6 Forwards in Dunks, Cogs, Taranto, Rozee and Butters. Can go value in the midfield and work on fleshing out the Top 8 as the season goes on.

Thoughts?
1. Dunks
Daylight
2. Cogs
Daylight
3. Rozee
4. Taranto
5. Butters
6. Moore / Cameron / Gulden / Heeney

I reckon it could legitimately just be Wines, Rozee, Butters and JHF in a four man rotation this year.

Port can't really risk not playing him in the guts. We really needed an extra midfielder this year which is why we went so hard after Dunkley.

Those 4 should be the primary, but port usually have a good spread for the midfield.

Expect Drew, Boak, Duursma and Houston to round out the midfield

Anyone had a look at Windhager? priced at 448 for 50 avg.

Heard a lot of saint's fans raving about him. Had big CBA attendence for the last 5 games of the year too.

Heard a lot of saint's fans raving about him. Had big CBA attendence for the last 5 games of the year too.
He could be used as a tagger which is a problem would rather someone else

Personally I find anyone outside the top 4 you listed irrelevant.
They won't be keepers because DPP's will get added that leapfrog them.

Butters I've never liked. In he's short time in the AFL he's proven to be a fantasy liability. It's not a case of will he miss games in 2023, its how many will he miss?

He's had so many head clashes in his career to date I suspect he'll be one never gets a full go in the middle for his own safety more than anything else. Talented player - but for whatever reason just lacks that awareness in close quarters.
He'll never be removed from my avoid list. Together with Heeney.

Who do you see as the players who will become DPP and leapfrog them? Bailey Smith, Bontempelli, maybe Gawn or Grundy if they're used forward a lot?

Who do you see as the players who will become DPP and leapfrog them? Bailey Smith, Bontempelli, maybe Gawn or Grundy if they're used forward a lot?
Smith was like 1 percent off
Trac has been used forward heavily
Keays looking likely to play forward more
Grundy Gawn Darcy could all gain forward status
Walsh was close at one point last year
Parker could get it back

Had a look (around that price as I want to fit Jai Culley in)
DPP M/F is useful but as mentioned, could tag, which might lower his score. L5 of 64 is nice for his price.
STill have guys like Toby McClean far cheaper IF he can get a best 22 spot and some midfield minutes. Milera for the brave.

Had a look (around that price as I want to fit Jai Culley in)
DPP M/F is useful but as mentioned, could tag, which might lower his score. L5 of 64 is nice for his price.
STill have guys like Toby McClean far cheaper IF he can get a best 22 spot and some midfield minutes. Milera for the brave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes 1 or 2 from the dogs.
Initially thought Sheed might start forward and push into the middle but lately looks more like a pure inside mid.

But there's always some random ones thrown in there each year.

View attachment 1597704
Good news he is currently facing 0 action from the AFL/Norf
Bad news more girls are coming out
IF he survives until then without being suspended from the club (seems unlikely) and is picked Rd 1 in a quarterback role could you pick him? Will we/he know his fate by then or is he a risk of sanctions still after rd 1

anyone following the timeline of how this will play out?

IF he survives until then without being suspended from the club (seems unlikely) and is picked Rd 1 in a quarterback role could you pick him? Will we/he know his fate by then or is he a risk of sanctions still after rd 1

anyone following the timeline of how this will play out?
NO ! .....last year showed how he plays, if his head is not in the right space .....way too risky

Ok what about this, if he is booted out, given he was training half back does that improve hall as a starting option as less competition for the role
NO ! ....Hall came back to PS training poogy ....32 YO now ....another risky pick that could destroy your rankings

Will be interesting to see McDonalds role in PS games

Just saw Butters last 3 and last 5 averages. Wowee he flew home. Shame the season isn’t 10 weeks or he’d be a lock
He's in my side for now and only 6.5% ownership (reasons obviously) he only missed 2 games last year but the problem was that he continually hurt himself during games and ended up with a couple of 30's and 40's they are the real killers in this game. That being said, he's pretty much guaranteed mid minutes and could go large early. To me, he's a good starting pick and if/when he gets injured it only costs 1 trade to jettison him, whereas bringing him in after a hot streak could easily cost 2 trades.

View attachment 1598021

There they shifted Brayshaw in there a bit more, been the talk of the podcasts will he rest forward more or play mid
So they dropped in the last 6 games. One of which he had a cracked bone in his leg. EDIT: yes, he accommodated Brayshaw's late return to the midfield.

The other 18 games he dropped below 75% once. In 2021 he never dropped below 70%.

So, for the last two years it's only the end of 2022 his CBAs fell away.

Having been to training multiple times I've barely seen him near the forward-line.

Btw, Brayshaw has been training as a high half back.

So they dropped in the last 6 games. One of which he had a cracked bone in his leg. EDIT: yes, he accommodated Brayshaw's late return to the midfield.

The other 18 games he dropped below 75% once. In 2021 he never dropped below 70%.

So, for the last two years it's only the end of 2022 his CBAs fell away.

Having been to training multiple times I've barely seen him near the forward-line.

Btw, Brayshaw has been training as a high half back.
I'm just saying he only needs 35 percent in the forward line to get forward status and we get ourselves a bargain

He only needs a stretch like that to start the season and we get a good forward

Only Dunkley has the ceiling of Trac

I wouldn't be saying no if he sneaks DPP i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back