Position 2023 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at the game today and Laird was just lazy as lazy can be. No run, no spread and no desire to get the ball. Same could be said for basically the whole Crows squad in the second half in particular but Laird just was not interested in being there in that heat.

Was actually a horrible display for a leader at the club and of the midfield. Couldn’t have been more non existent if he tried and that was purely on him rather than ROB or anyone else.
The interview above confirms your eye test .....he admits he was too stationary and couldn't handle the 40 degree heat

Go Away Kick GIF by JcrOffroad

Adios Worpedo

Interesting looking at the top 10 price risers amongst MIDs through the first 5 rounds (exc. rookies and DPP additions like Day). This is where the big breakouts usually happen, and accelerate teams up the ranks if you jump on early. Bit of a different story so far this year:

1. Setterfield (up $211K)
2. Wood (up $155K)
3. Worpel (up $153K - up $41K this week due to Day's suspension)
4. Callaghan (up $117K - many traded him out early and he was considered a bust pick)
5. Green (up $116K)
6. Serong (up $114K)
7. Byrnes (up $113K)
8. T. Kelly (up $107K)
9. Wanganeen-Milera (up $93K)
10. Liberatore (up $79K)

Out of those, only Setterfield, Serong, Green and Libba would have been great realistic starting picks (no one is picking Ryan Byrnes, let's face it). There isn't a surging cohort of under-priced premo mids asserting themselves so far this year, so value has been easier to find in other lines with picks like Day, Ziebell, Hunt etc.

Western Bulldogs star Bailey Smith chats to Cal Twomey about how he's finding balance in his life, leadership aspirations and how he spends his time away from footy

Thirty disposals, a career-high 10 clearances and the match-sealing goal for you against Carlton. How did you set yourself for the task against Cripps?

I wanted to take my opportunity in getting more time playing the inside midfield [role] and really stamp my authority on the game and doing it in ways where I might not have a stat or two but I've helped the team. It was one of those games where I got to really show my inside capabilities. I've been an uncontested sort of player so I wanted to explore that other side of my game and to show that I'm not just all outside. That's my goal ultimately – to be a great inside and outside player for whatever the situation or stoppage needs at that time.

Western Bulldogs star Bailey Smith chats to Cal Twomey about how he's finding balance in his life, leadership aspirations and how he spends his time away from footy

Thirty disposals, a career-high 10 clearances and the match-sealing goal for you against Carlton. How did you set yourself for the task against Cripps?

I wanted to take my opportunity in getting more time playing the inside midfield [role] and really stamp my authority on the game and doing it in ways where I might not have a stat or two but I've helped the team. It was one of those games where I got to really show my inside capabilities. I've been an uncontested sort of player so I wanted to explore that other side of my game and to show that I'm not just all outside. That's my goal ultimately – to be a great inside and outside player for whatever the situation or stoppage needs at that time.

So he's going to score 50 today ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back