List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
DFA because he was delisted by Geelong in 2013. Still get compo based on Jordon (also DFA) going to Sydney.

Sydney getting two FA to fill their needs is good list management work. Neither of them from Sydney either. Why have we not been able to attract good free agents at all? That's where we need to be putting our focus. Not random fringe players that can't get a game or WA KPPs that cost the Earth to bring over.
Honestly sounds like our salary cap is just full. Because you're right, should be doing what Sydney are doing.

The youngest team thing hasn't really changed in terms of B22 since nobody other than Liam is in there and Sharp is around the same age and experience.

Might notice the drop in experience if we have a few injuries though with Hamling, Colyer and Wilson all gone.

Honestly sounds like our salary cap is just full. Because you're right, should be doing what Sydney are doing.
Why would we target fringe players and 30yo when 90% of our list is under 25? Makes sense for them because they already have a few old dudes that are worth pushing with.

Also, if the Logan stuff is true, we have a lot of money set aside.

The youngest team thing hasn't really changed in terms of B22 since nobody other than Liam is in there and Sharp is around the same age and experience.

Might notice the drop in experience if we have a few injuries though with Hamling, Colyer and Wilson all gone.

Why would we target fringe players and 30yo when 90% of our list is under 25? Makes sense for them because they already have a few old dudes that are worth pushing with.

Also, if the Logan stuff is true, we have a lot of money set aside.
I'm not sold on Logan at all, personally.

Well 3* last year and 1 this year then average that out xx

Also add in Schultz next year and a surprise player that isn't b22 rn but will become b22 and then leave
Is it even worth bringing in Sharp? Why not just put Sharp's salary towards Schultz's contract. If we are aiming for a premiership in the next three years we really need to keep him. If we have to overpay than so be it.

Is it even worth bringing in Sharp? Why not just put Sharp's salary towards Schultz's contract. If we are aiming for a premiership in the next three years we really need to keep him. If we have to overpay than so be it.
Sharp would be on the cheap you'd think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t get this, why bring in Fringe b22 just because other clubs are doing it.

Sydney’s list is in a completely stage of development to ours.

I would say Fremantle has done this in the past and it hasn’t worked.pay players like Schultz what they are worth and then look to bring in players whether it’s this trade or in the following years that are going to be regular best 22 every week.

There is no one out of contract who is possibly looking to move who I think is going to make a massive difference.

Why pursue what isn’t there?

I don’t get this, why bring in Fringe b22 just because other clubs are doing it.

I would say Fremantle has done this in the past and it hasn’t worked.pay players like Schultz what they are worth and then look to bring in players whether it’s this trade or in the following years that are going to be regular best 22 every week.

There is no one out of contract who is possibly looking to move who I think is going to make a massive difference.

Nah I think the point was instead of paying out the arse for someone like Logan McDonald we should try and jump on some free agents to improve our team. But we can't seem to attract any.

Nah I think the point was instead of paying out the arse for someone like Logan McDonald we should try and jump on some free agents to improve our team. But we can't seem to attract any.
Which of this years free agents would you actually want though?

And I'm not sure your logic follows anyway. If we managed to actually convince a FA to come, it would be by paying out the arse to get them. See Naughton rejecting that ridiculous offer and what the Bombers had to pay McKay.

Jackson had just "An ok" year according to Barrett...

Only made the All Australian 40....

I'm not clicking on that ****.

I'll listen to Twomey and maybe Morris and Edmund and only because they might know something.

There is literally nobody on the roster that gives any insight.

Edit: Kane would be the best and he's 50-50 at best. Plus he's on the trade Darcy bandwagon and can't talk about anything else if someone brings up Freo so scratch him.

Last edited:
It's annoying that players are leaving to teams that are / were close to us on the ladder

Acres > Carlton
Lobb > dogs
Hamling > Sydney

Not so much Logue and Tucker, but then again, we only finished a couple of spots above them

Can't keep making those type of teams stronger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's annoying that players are leaving to teams that are / were close to us on the ladder

Acres > Carlton
Lobb > dogs
Hamling > Sydney

Not so much Logue and Tucker, but then again, we only finished a couple of spots above them

Lobb didn’t make Dogs stronger.
Hamling has played like 6 games since 2019.
Acres was a loss but wasn’t a world beater.

Hogan for me is incredibly annoying.

Sydney were bottom 4 couple of years they’ve just keap frogged us.

Acres > Carlton
Lobb > dogs
Hamling > Sydney

[/QUOTE
That’s the annoying part we are making the teams around us stronger.

Sydney being bottom 4 in between finals series is no different to us being bottom 4 now. Off year, bulk of the list the same, coach the same. And you know what, they were a very young team then too.

Not to mention that if you take away the North interchange breach and the goal called a behind vs Adelaide then they win as many games as us.

Sydney also got multiple top 5 picks when playing finals. Picks which form the core of their team now. We've had precisely zero of those.

They also still have several quality experienced players, most of which are on their last legs (Bud gone, Parker, Rampe etc).

It's not apples and apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back