List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but if it is for family reasons, then why choose Collingwood specifically and not any Melbourne based team?

Are his family Collingwood supporters and that is THE REASON?
People persist in saying things like this. It's not how it works. Teams are polled by the agents, they select the best offer from the clubs that are interested. Are you saying he should leave himself open to the best draft pick offer coming from club only prepared to give him a 1 year contact at $80,000 per year when the best offer could be 5 times that amount?

Fair point, I suppose the other side is Pies are right in contention and do you pass up the chance to improve your list while you are right in the middle of a flag window (their list is actually pretty old) to get a player cheaper?
Yeah fair. If we've genuinely been blindsided, with a player we've got under contract, and we've had minimal opportunity to plan around this (we made a relatively significant trade already), they've probably played their hand to some degree that they're prepared to stump up.

Bit to play out here I guess.

Whaaaaat!

Hogan said two weeks ago he was miserable at Freo.

We are obviously low balling Shultz and he's unhappy.

Why can't we keep players happy?

This club is cooked. I give up
Hogan has been miserable most of his footy career. Its only once Mumme put him in his granny flat and no one recognised him in public that he started to get a bit happier.

I'm seeing "serious family issues" on twitter but haven't seen the exact reason
look if that is the case, it’s not ideal but at least don’t pick a club to allow us to get the best ROI for him.

People persist in saying things like this. It's not how it works. Teams are polled by the agents, they select the best offer from the clubs that are interested. Are you saying he should leave himself open to the best draft pick offer coming from club only prepared to give him a 1 year contact at $80,000 per year when the best offer could be 5 times that amount?
Yep. The best pick sounds good to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given he is a free agent next year, could be better to trade him this year as opposed to waiting on whatever his free agent compensation is.

If Fremantle trade three first round picks for Logan McDonald just after the weekend, what's the mood?

That's Freo F1, Port F1, Pies 1st.

It doesn't put us in a better position. We are not going to play McDonald & Treacy in the same team. McDonald you would assume would have greater upside although the difference is negligible at the moment.

We would still need to replace Schultz's output.

I wanted 2024 to see how both Treacy & McDonald develop. Maybe we don't need McDonald?

No, but you don't drop a bombshell on the club on day 1 and say you want to go to 1 club only. Even telling us 2 weeks ago so we get a chance to discuss with potential clubs is far more palatable.

It doesn't put us in a better position. We are not going to play McDonald & Treacy in the same team. McDonald you would assume would have greater upside although the difference is negligible at the moment.

We would still need to replace Schultz's output.

I wanted 2024 to see how both Treacy & McDonald develop. Maybe we don't need McDonald?

Treacy as the ruck relief makes it work.

Yep. The best pick sounds good to me.
Well that's never going to happen. The whole draft and trade system is unlawful anyway, any reform to trading that disadvantaged players that much would see implicite deal between the players and the AFL not test the system blown up in court in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back