List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
So wtf do we have planned now

If we are trading in with gc then we don't even have many points to bundle up...

On draft night you pay overs to get back into the draft from future picks

So instead of taking any picks this year, we have stockpiled futures and then we are going to lose their value when trading back in on draft night?

Just feels like we have no plan

I will say I’m feeling strangely ok with all this. It’s quite funny seeing all the rants on here. I think I just got it all out of my system.
the heck man? You can't stop now. You are the #1 ranter. Think of all the happy children that will need a role model to become grumpy old men. Selfish.

People whinging about future 2nd for Henry, yes 2nds get pushed back but we are probably looking at it from a points value, there is always a club or two who needs a 2nd rd for points, package that with a Pies 1st and we might move up the order a fair bit and end up with a couple of top 10 2024 picks.

Now is the time for some cool heads by bell and co.
Kinnear Beatson at Sydney will already be eyeing up the bounty we have for LMD.
We should sit tight to next year. I want to see more from Logan before we pull the trigger.
45 goals next year? Go ahead with the two first rounders.
He would need to literally win the coleman medal before I’d be happy with all 3 first round picks being used.
Less than 30 goals next year? Pies first rounder and saints second rounder would be plenty

Just catching up.

Feels like a reasonable price for Schultz. Sad to see him go. Not as sad as I would have been had we not had a glimpse of Emmett and started to see Sturt wake up to the demands of top level footy.

Don’t really care either way about the Henry deal. We overpaid when we drafted him because of the early bid; yes we saw a few glimpses of his potential this year - but nothing exceptional and certainly not to the standard we need to see on the wing if we’re a serious contender. Time for Noddy to step up and get his 2022 game back - which is/was a far higher ceiling than Henry.

Nothing has happened in the last week that changes my view on our potential for next year. The further development of Johnson, Amiss and Chapman will be far more critical.
Agree with all that except for the Noddy bit. I've lost the confidence that he's going to make it. Unless, perhaps, something was hampering him all season. Perhaps his improvement or development is just as critical.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What type of deals could we be looking at to trade back into the first/early second round? I don't want to have to return my Collard jumper 😭

The work being done on attracting players doesn't get done in public, we get to read about it in articles written almost a year and a half later.
Apart from a few exceptions like Jackson, the majority of our trade work seems to be reactionary. Especially with the outgoings.

It's already two picks back thanks to North. I would argue it's almost impossible for that pick to be a top 30 pick and half a chance of being out to the 40s by draft night.

I tried to give Walls the benefit of the doubt when he went on live media saying early 2nd but it turns out I shouldnt have. Just horribly handled
You're overrating Henry, we're better off rid of him and as such anything in return is OK.

Now is the time for some cool heads by bell and co.
Kinnear Beatson at Sydney will already be eyeing up the bounty we have for LMD.
We should sit tight to next year. I want to see more from Logan before we pull the trigger.
45 goals next year? Go ahead with the two first rounders.
He would need to literally win the coleman medal before I’d be happy with all 3 first round picks being used.
Less than 30 goals next year? Pies first rounder and saints second rounder would be plenty

I mean if he’s OOC we offer them whatever and walk away.

What type of deals could we be looking at to trade back into the first/early second round? I don't want to have to return my Collard jumper 😭

Once the top six to ten players are drafted and the standard falls off a cliff we might have clubs coming to us to move their firsts out into next season.

I agree that North might want to not have five first round picks in the one year.

Pies F1 for pick 17 or 18 from north could be one?
But then we might as well have just taken pick 19 from Collingwood in 2023 so it’s hardly that

So wtf do we have planned now

If we are trading in with gc then we don't even have many points to bundle up...

On draft night you pay overs to get back into the draft from future picks

So instead of taking any picks this year, we have stockpiled futures and then we are going to lose their value when trading back in on draft night?

Just feels like we have no plan
Since 1995

"Nah, we have done a lot of work with Jeremy in the past, but with the way the list moves we won't be trading for him this year," Walls said.
We aren't going to trade for him. Twomey reckons we will offer him a train on or similar if he is delisted. So maybe not ruled out but not traded for. Not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back