Autopsy 2023 Rd 2 - West Coast Eagles v GWS Giants, 6.20 pm (AEDT) Sunday 26 March @ Optus Stadium WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic that even with our injuries and the game being played in Perth, we will prevail given our gutsy performance last week. The market also has us as slight $1.78 favourites ($2.03 Eagles). We are now predicted to finish 12th (was 16th before season started).

I hope we obliterate them and gain some confidence for next week's clash against a very strong Carlton.
I felt like something clicked at half time last week. The confidence will be growing, also we have never been a great 'come-back' team.
I always felt if we kicked the first couple we would be up and about and if not we would fall away. Now that they've started badly and recovered and the system is starting to make a little more sense we could do some damage.

I'm predicting Lloyd get on the score board and Riccardi to make more of an impact after last week. He now needs to fight off Cadman's advance on his spot in the team.
The midfield will be interesting, will we opt for Ward straight in or back him to start as a forward and get young Rowston a proper crack?

How many does Toby kick today?

Cadman is playing VFL, so won’t be emergency
6 touches and a goal for Cadman
Gruzewski 5 touches
Fahey 23
McMullin 8 and a goal

Got absolutely smashed by the dons so tough day at the office for all of them, good to see Gruzewski out there, think they'll be joined by Jones next week if everything goes well

Time for us to turn up the heat - metaphorically this week (rather than physically as last week!). We need the mids to bring the heat and beat them in the contest. If we can do that - as we beat the Crows' mids in the second half last week - we'll be a long way towards winning this game. Still need to play smart kicking inside 50, though. C'mon GIANTS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back