Autopsy 2023 Rd 2 - West Coast Eagles v GWS Giants, 6.20 pm (AEDT) Sunday 26 March @ Optus Stadium WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Mids got smacked that quarter felt like every clearance was coming right out of the middle down our defenders throats, tough to keep em away when it keeps coming in. All 3 of Hogan's misses have been super gettable.

Going to say something possibly controversial, don’t hate me. I thought Ash would be a lot better than he is by now. 4th year on the list, 58 games, wheres the progress? He’s stagnating. I loved him early days, loved his potential, but now, I’m not so sure. What’s happened?

First thing Kingsley should do is banish Riccardi to the reserves, never to grace the senior team again.

Himmelberg? Send him down back.

This team is all over the place.

Another wasted year coming up. We're perpetually bottoming out.

Going to say something possibly controversial, don’t hate me. I thought Ash would be a lot better than he is by now. 4th year on the list, 58 games, wheres the progress? He’s stagnating. I loved him early days, loved his potential, but now, I’m not so sure. What’s happened?
I can’t disagree, he is a very vanilla player and for a Pick 4 it’s a bit disappointing. I liked him as a tagger, he seemed quite effective doing that. He doesn’t seem to have the breakaway speed he showed as a junior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s hard to put anything but a negative spin on this. We are playing the 2nd worst team in the comp who are without their best player. Losing is one thing but being uncompetitive against these plonkers is extremely disappointing.

Dare I say Harley Reid…🥺

Kingsley needs to eradicate the long bomb into the forward 50.

It is so damn predictable that instead of leads in different directions, offense and defense gather in a clump.

There's just no system in getting the ball to the forwards in space.

A somewhat typical GWS game. Nearly, almost, missed (gettable) shots, passes just not quite cleanly taken, fumbled marks, biased umpiring & injuries all conspired against us. Finn Callghan seemed like he was dragged down every time he got near the ball (before touching it!), but they got every little tiggy touchwood free. But we also missed multiple gettable shots, that if we'd got them would have actually seen us win (but that's the game, isn't it?). We were missing two of our major running players, which didn't help at all. Thought Rowston was pretty good early, but seemed to lose influence as the game went on.

Disappointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back