Vent 2023 Vents & Regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey Dale can go and eat the biggest bag of 💩

You’re absolutely killing my ranking! Every effing week one pod throws in an absolute stinker!

Trading Darcy to Cameron after Rd2.
Yeah i did that too. On the plus side it lead to getting English the following week, who i think is this years R1.

Only problem is we ve probably traded out this years R2!

Yeah i did that too. On the plus side it lead to getting English the following week, who i think is this years R1.

Only problem is we ve probably traded out this years R2!
I went Darcy to Cameron with the funds allowing me to bring in Daicos. Following week was Cameron to English.

My only worry is his body holding on and if Freo throw the magnets around with their season shot.

So whatever happened to the 'Golden Rule' of never pick players who have had an interrupted pre-season Mr English???

Supposedly had hamstring and concussion issues so I steered clear and yet he's out there galloping around like peak Phar Lap!!!

I mean I'm genuinely wrapped for the bloke but FMD watching him tear it up every week is bloody painful.

So whatever happened to the 'Golden Rule' of never pick players who have had an interrupted pre-season Mr English???

Supposedly had hamstring and concussion issues so I steered clear and yet he's out there galloping around like peak Phar Lap!!!

I mean I'm genuinely wrapped for the bloke but FMD watching him tear it up every week is bloody painful.

Yep he as been massive well done to those that started hm:thumbsu:

It’s only round 5.
1682173518179.gif

As does mine.

fell for LDU trap
Went Bailey Fale
fell for Errol trap
Yep Docherty as well

With rookies sucking for everyone, this is what you need if yiur aim is spectacular failure.
Just been shopping, get back and my spectacular failure at R2 continues, WTF Grundy on 2 !! at Q time- Started Romo under duress, Rnd1 80, dumped him for Gawns 0,inj,for DC's 89,inj,Grundys 144,(C),125, and now this s**t show,The 2 weeks R2 went well, R1 didn't, fielded Moyle as wasn't wasteing another trade on rucks.Witts bench), and going to have to dump Grundy earlier than I hoped.
On the bright side already have new R2 Ryan who is matching Gawndys combined score at the moment - ******* rucks

Thought I'd go a bit better this round but Spudny just ****ed that, good luck on yours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fishing GIF

Got caught out by Kosi Trapett.

Just been shopping, get back and my spectacular failure at R2 continues, WTF Grundy on 2 !! at Q time- Started Romo under duress, Rnd1 80, dumped him for Gawns 0,inj,for DC's 89,inj,Grundys 144,(C),125, and now this s**t show,The 2 weeks R2 went well, R1 didn't, fielded Moyle as wasn't wasteing another trade on rucks.Witts bench), and going to have to dump Grundy earlier than I hoped.
On the bright side already have new R2 Ryan who is matching Gawndys combined score at the moment - ******* rucks

Thought I'd go a bit better this round but Spudny just ****ed that, good luck on yours.
Watching this game honestly theirs no point in Grundy playing may as well drop him cos all he does is sit on the bench

Watching this game honestly theirs no point in Grundy playing may as well drop him cos all he does is sit on the bench
Yep, So much for easing Gawn back in, he's gone soon as it opens, over the rucks, bringing in Cameron(Cats) for him and play Ryan

These are understandably minor regrets compared to the carnage above. But they are mostly actual mistakes rather than bad luck so belong here:

Replacing Doch with Day was a good move but then he cops the suspension for 2 weeks, so I sideways to Florent who then implodes.

Other main one is I risked SavRat as R2 early to get a gauge on value rucks, using the $300k elsewhere initially. Part of my plan worked as each week the rucks I considered upgrading him to fell one by one, however his scores hurt me and the second I did upgrade him (to Grundy...no regrets even if it was a stop gap) he only then put together his trifecta of good value scores. Bad timing!

Replacing Macrae after a couple of poor weeks and then him bouncing back was another. I don't exactly regret getting Setterfield as I badly needed to free up cash to get a real second ruck, but a better starting line up would've meant I found a way to keep Macrae and swap a lesser player for Setterfield (probably Cunnington via DPP, who I started).

I seemingly get my starting rookies on the field wrong most weeks. I have fielded Poo for his worst scores and benched him for his best. I've refused to put Greene on the field even after his initial spike game. I usually pick the wrong one of Wilmot and Cowan. I've fielded Baker at the wrong times. I reckon I throw away a good 60 points each week from these errors.

Speaking of rookies, no Van Mooin' or Chandler has been costly. Had to jump on the Sheezel train rather than start him. I sideways'd Oscar Allen to Poo early instead of trusting my gut that Allen would end up a great pick.

Paying up for English instead of RoMa would've been an astute decision.

Cripps hasn't quite been the value premo I expected but I've stuck with him. Same with Coniglio.

VC/C choices a bit similar to above until bouncing back the past two weeks with Dawson and then Bont.

I've done plenty right but a few more sound choices from above and I'd be doing a lot better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back