Past #23 Buddy Franklin - Thanks Buddy

How long will Buddy play for Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy-Franklin-has-hit-300-games.-Photo-via-Fox-Footys-Facebook-page..jpg

Lance Franklin
Lance Franklin is a giant of the game. The star Sydney Swans forward has played 300 AFL games, won two premierships with Hawthorn, is the seventh-greatest goal-kicker in VFL/AFL history, is one of just five men with eight All Australian blazers and is the most recent player to have kicked 100 goals in a season. The Western Australian is also one of just two players in the game’s history, along with former Swan and Saint Tony Lockett, to have booted 300 goals for two clubs. Franklin was added to a leadership group for the first time in his career ahead of season 2020, joining co-captains Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dane Rampe, as well as Callum Mills. But the 33-year-old, who was named captain of the 2018 All Australian team, has long been considered an exceptional unofficial leader, so great is his impact on Will Hayward, Nick Blakey, Ben Ronke and the rest of Sydney’s young forwards.

Lance Franklin
DOB: 30 January 1987
DEBUT: 2005
DRAFT: #5, 2004 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Dowerin (WA)/Perth (WAFL)/Hawthorn

Last edited by a moderator:

Money aside would he be frustrated with the reliance on him week to week since moving from the hawks?

None of our players have had much consistency like Reid , Rohan and Tippett compared to Hale , Roughy and Gunston

He must get frustrated
Absolutely, but you can see his joy and happiness when the club has a win...no doubt gets frustrated with the game style and delivery,but i really think he loves the club

Money aside would he be frustrated with the reliance on him week to week since moving from the hawks?

None of our players have had much consistency like Reid , Rohan and Tippett compared to Hale , Roughy and Gunston

He must get frustrated

Dunno, he has 2 medals. He gets consistently rated a top player in the comp, one of the highest paid long term players, married to a model, can wander around Sydney care free

Dunno, he has 2 medals. He gets consistently rated a top player in the comp, one of the highest paid long term players, married to a model, can wander around Sydney care free
Just not real medals he got at the hawks

Would love to see him get one with us but not looking good atm

Just not real medals he got at the hawks

Would love to see him get one with us but not looking good atm

Oh yeah love to see one here, still think we need too

He has done his job though< club hasn’t yet

I think bud likes being the main man, probably wants better delivery

Should get 900 this week.

If he keeps up his average scoring rate, he'll end the regular season on 923 goals, just behind Matthew Lloyd

With finals, you'd expect him to overtake him and finish the year 7th on the top goalkickers of all time.

*applauds in Sydney*

Once again, I've proven myself correct.

Worship me peasants.

Also, congrats to the bud for 902 goals!

only another 260 to have scored more at Sydney than at Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who else does he pass- my guess

Lockett 1360- no
Coventry 1299 no
Fat f*wit hawk 1254 no
Wade 1057 yes. 2021
Ablett 1030 yes. 2020
Titus 970 yes. 2019
Lloyd 926 yes. This year
Matthews 915 yes. This year
Franklin 900

So who else does he pass- my guess

Lockett 1360- no
Coventry 1299 no
Fat f*wit hawk 1254 no
Wade 1057 yes. 2021
Ablett 1030 yes. 2020
Titus 970 yes. 2019
Lloyd 926 yes. This year
Matthews 915 yes. This year
Franklin 900

I agree, I think he'll definitely get to 4th but more than that will be too much. Unless he signs for a new contract after his 9 years are done, and tbh I wouldn't completely rule it out.

Depends how long he plays is it conceivable he actually plays beyond 35?
I was thinking today about how he seems have slowed down a bit this year. I'm not sure we'll ever see him at his consistent best again but he's similar to Goodes in that he's such an athletic freak and also so skilled that he could easily play on at 80% capacity for another 4 or 5 years and still be a match winner.

Did Hodge say during the telecast that he has put on 30kg since his debut? Or did I misheard that?

Hyperbole

But he did look like a stick on debut
They showed his first goal

Back