Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

Remove this Banner Ad

havent seen much of Broad, but is he any much chop?

Will he play more than 10 games for the club?

What I have seen of him, hasn't impressed me at all, at VFL level or at NAB cup level. Size is in between, disposal/decision-making has been poor. He could get better but I doubt we'll see it at the RFC.

Thought he was very solid in the second half, won some very important one on ones and his size and athleticism is very valuable.

2 shocking turnovers that could have hurt us but otherwise he was excellent defensively, is brave and gave Greene a bath which is something most defenders have failed at this year.

I like him and as stated. Allows grimes more of a license to come off his man.

Our back line is full of courage nowadays. Fickin love it.

2 shocking turnovers that could have hurt us but otherwise he was excellent defensively, is brave and gave Greene a bath which is something most defenders have failed at this year.

I like him and as stated. Allows grimes more of a license to come off his man.

Our back line is full of courage nowadays. Fickin love it.

Yep, keep him in. His disposal will only get better once he adjust to the pace and even then the biggest issues with his kicks today where he hit up both Soldo and Nankervis and both couldn't make the up for the slight miss kicks of Broad.

Yep, keep him in. His disposal will only get better once he adjust to the pace and even then the biggest issues with his kicks today where he hit up both Soldo and Nankervis and both couldn't make the up for the slight miss kicks of Broad.
Yep pleasantly surprised that he has played well at the level , didn't realise he went to Greene , will stay in as I expect cellis to make way for Houli and he too is a bit stiff , wasn t too bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to stay in as he seems to know how to read the play well as a defender. I think a lot of blokes had clangers today with the slippery conditions. Clangers in wet conditions don't seem to hurt as much as they normally end up in fifty fifty contests. At one stage I counted at least four clangers combined by both teams in a single passage. It was hard yakka out there today.

Still shits himself with kicking tbh. Brave, but unfortunately only get you so far. We have had many on the list like him before

I wasn't a huge fan but experience and continuity make a huge difference with things like this. Only have to look at Rance, Astbury and Grimes to see how much it can help.

Still shits himself with kicking tbh. Brave, but unfortunately only get you so far. We have had many on the list like him before
Like lambert when everyone was calling for his head not knowing that the injury he got early last year hampered his year.This kid came in after our saints debacle and played 2 good games. Hard at it strong and can take a grab. His kicking isn't as bad as some may think as TI pointed out yesterdays game was prone to some clangers due to the conditions.

Yep pleasantly surprised that he has played well at the level , didn't realise he went to Greene , will stay in as I expect cellis to make way for Houli and he too is a bit stiff , wasn t too bad
Easy solution drop short
Would rather Ellis broad and houli in then him. Form should be rewarded and he's earned another few weeks

Love the effort he gives, makes a contest, good size, good 1on1, has some pace, ball use hasn't been the best the last 2 weeks (pissing down against gws, slippery and wet up at Dusty's new home ground Metricon #lolhird) but he went at 90% against brisbane so can't knock him too hard on it.

I must say it's awesome having a player like him come in to the squad in the absence of Houli, bring something to the team, and keep his spot. Loving the depth that Richmond has at the moment, and it's because of players like Broad who give what they can for the yellow and black.

Another note is the bloke has some fight in him, getting stuck into StevieJ and Greene in the plastics without giving anything away was great to see.

Onya Broady

Remove this Banner Ad

Back