Player Watch #41: Blake Drury - 17d/2 goals vs Geelong - keeps his spot vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute blight on the game and becoming a massive issue in our society, clubs and leagues have/are folding because private schools won't allow kids to play on weekends for community teams, they have grounds and equipment and staff they are able to fund because of the public tax dollars going to them ahead of public schools, it is an absolute disgrace and we will shortly be a society with massive class divides, so much for the egalitarian dreams of the '70's :huh:
maybe in metro, in the bush the local footy club is still a bit of a bedrock. however i dont suspect the caliblre of players kicking a footy round in the bush are the types you refer to, more likely out here having their folks drive them hundreds of miles to make the TAC team squad training.

I heard a development coach talk about fumbles once it’s changed my perception ever since

The reason why so many people fumble is because they are too focused on who they are gonna hand it off to and the people around them rather than actually focusing on getting the ball then looking for options.

Not too stressed about Blake, probably just too focused on giving the ball off before actually having the ball
we could do with a development coach, we got gavin brown instead.

Unfortunately so far I’ve seen similarities between Mahoney, Lazzaro and Drury. I’d like to see some game day point of difference with these guys but I’m probably wrong but I just don’t see what they bring
big difference is druy has only had one year to show his stuff, he is not in to far a spot from where jacko archer was after 1 year. when your taken in the rookie draft and dont land a 2 year contract your back is against the wall somewhat. maarns and Laz on the other hand can hardly way they didnt get and chances, Marns played 40 odd game ffs.

Hope someones got vision of the reversal coming.

Deserves to be saved for posterity - one of the worst calls of the year.
If it was paid in the little league at half time I'm sure Hamish McLachlin would be romping mad about it. But in a senior AFL match, for an umpire to pay a free kick, reversing a shot on goal for what we saw on TV, well, that umpire, in the words of a notable Richmond captain, should take a good hard look at himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back