Player Watch #6: Caleb Windsor – the kid just has 'it'

Remove this Banner Ad

Respect. And in that spirit I concede that I wrote off Josh Schache on the back of only 7 full AFL seasons.

*PS. and also bagged ANB for years.
It would appear Josh in fact did not turn the corner in the Carlton practice game <shocked>

A11dAtP0w3R you deleted your post but I still made the thread 🤗

A11dAtP0w3R you deleted your post but I still made the thread 🤗

This place had a lull, and I think alot of it has to do with the return of the Gander ( don't tell her tho she'll get a head the size of a watermelon ) but this place is alot of fun again 🤗

The 3/4 time siren is when I approve of players launching it to orbit

That is an awful drop punt, most woeful drop punt i've ever seen. Exactly how Windsor is going to turn out :madv1:

I put together a little highlights package of the things that excited me about his game on Sunday.

It's just glimpses at the moment but look at the way he uses his body and works his opponents, his second efforts on the turnover, some of the quick handballs remind me of early Clarry.

Speaking of Clarry, two short kicks that hit targets and opened up the game. More of that please.

Last edited:
I put together a little highlights package of the things that excited me about his game on Sunday.

It's just glimpses at the moment but look at the way he uses his body and works his opponents, his second efforts on the turnover, some of the quick handballs remind me of early Clarry.

Speaking of Clarry, two short kicks that hit targets and opened up the game. More of that please.

It looks like the AFL are on to you, Legs

Weird, I know when you post NFL vids on here they say you cant watch them on BF but they give you a link to watch it on YouTube. Big corporations gotta get their ad revenue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe try putting a slight filter over it Legs, I know that works for some people trying to get around similar issues.
It should be working now. Got it on Streamable at a slightly lower res.

The play with Pickett on the wing is far better than what people realise, lays a shepherd on Richards initially, something a lot of our players refuse to do, disengages when he sees hes a chance to run and receive from Viney, sees Pickett is running past him and doesnt try to outrun his teammate, instant give and blocks for him. Fundamentals done instinctually. He processes fast.

The play with Pickett on the wing is far better than what people realise, lays a shepherd on Richards initially, something a lot of our players refuse to do, disengages when he sees hes a chance to run and receive from Viney, sees Pickett is running past him and doesnt try to outrun his teammate, instant give and blocks for him. Fundamentals done instinctually. He processes fast.
It happened right in front of where I was sitting I was so excited to watch the replay only to see Fox use the worst angle I've ever seen.

When you watch all that it only makes you more confident that his true calling is on ball.
Doesn't that depress you to know that how that simple Simon has picked his position he probably won't move him for a decade.

You know that episode of black mirror where they blur out the sight an audio of people you don't like? Do that to everyone except Pickett, Windsor, May, Viney and Mcvee and JVR and I'd love watching Melbourne again
I’d throw 2023 Riv in there. And Oliver. And Gawn. And Trac. And a few others.

I’ve just realised I’m just a few homicides away from my perfect team

I’d throw 2023 Riv in there. And Oliver. And Gawn. And Trac. And a few others.

I’ve just realised I’m just a few homicides away from my perfect team
Rivers yes. Trac and Oliver too infuriating to not be blob like objects on the screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back