Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t. Regardless, you might not have been following the last thread.

Unlike some frauds on here, I (and one or two others, especially 1970crow) have been consistent all along.

All year some of these posters have argued this is about health and science, gotta believe in the CHO. All hail St Nicola.

But now, suddenly she’s wrong, and the state coordinator is right to overrule her!

The Nutty Professor is living outside of reality, but that’s nothing new. She has been for two years. There were plenty of common sense opportunities to overrule her that were not even controversial (ie mask wearing with no cases, drinking standing up, capacity limits etc). But no, this deluded obsessive woman has been permitted to hold the state of SA hostage for the best part of two ******* years.

It’s not on her, it’s on the idiots in charge.

All of a sudden the people who ignored all the red flags — and attacked those who pointed them out — are now suddenly seeing them, but instead of saying “you’re right, I should’ve seen this earlier” they’re pretending it’s now okay to ignore “the experts.”

As for St Nicola, consider that she wanted to shut off the state to the rest of the country yesterday.

You still trust that?

Wow.

It's not difficult to understand.

Spurrier's job is to advocate for the immediate health of South Australians above all other factors. Her job doesn't involve factoring in the short/medium/long term economy or education or crime or law and order or personal convenience. That's the job of the Government and the Police Commissioner. Spurrier's call for lockdowns and shutting of borders carried full weight before we had a majority vaccinated. The Government followed her recommendations. Now that we have 80% vaccinated, the other factors in our society - economy, education, law and order - are being factored in resulting in a more proportionate response from the Government *as of today. Yes - I trust that Spurrier is doing her job.

Have you never been involved in a decision-making process within an organisation?

*This doesn't mean we won't shut the borders again - I'd be surprised if they don't. But that's on Marshall.

Last edited:

Mutineer, apparently we owe someone an apology...

The Age reports:

"Premier Daniel Andrews says his government made mistakes in its handling of COVID-19 but the overall state response and vaccine uptake was a “triumph” that should have prompted political opponents to say “well done”.
Drop the "Dictator" Dan moniker, hence forth to be known as "Delusional" Dan.

Mutineer, apparently we owe someone an apology...

The Age reports:

"Premier Daniel Andrews says his government made mistakes in its handling of COVID-19 but the overall state response and vaccine uptake was a “triumph” that should have prompted political opponents to say “well done”.
Drop the "Dictator" Dan moniker, hence forth to be known as "Delusional" Dan.

Spurrier's job is to advocate for the immediate health of South Australians above all other factors. Her job doesn't involve factoring in the short/medium/long term economy or education or crime or law and order or personal convenience. That's the job of the Government and the Police Commissioner.

Did you miss the part where I said it’s not on her, it’s on the idiots in charge?

Spurrier's call for lockdowns and shutting of borders carried full weight before we had a majority vaccinated. The Government followed her recommendations. Now that we have 80% vaccinated, the other factors in our society - economy, education, law and order - are being factored in resulting in a more proportionate response from the Government *as of today. Yes - I trust that Spurrier is doing her job.

Oh please. Yesterday’s decision was political. All of it is. You are naive to think otherwise.

Have you never been involved in a decision-making process within an organisation?

Daily, and do you know the number one thing which results in poor decisions? Bad judgement. Inability to read people. Cowardice. Things the transition committee has in spades.

This also isn’t an organization, it is a government bureaucracy. If any of them were making decisions this bad for this long in a private organization, they‘d all be out on their arse.

Only a government committee could be this inept.

*This doesn't mean we won't shut the borders again - I'd be surprised if they don't. But that's on Marshall.

What you have to understand about this committee is none of them have the ability to read what the other is up to. It is like the blind leading the blind. Spurrier is clearly on the spectrum, and does not have the ability to see that the other two clowns have been taking everything she says from a medical standpoint literally and implementing it on face value, verbatim.

She does not possess that natural judgement to recognize the power dynamics in the room, and the fact she is overrepresented in the decision outcomes. I want to be clear: this is not her fault. She is not paid to have this level of judgement and self-awareness. (It would be nice though.)

As for the other two sheep leaders, when The Nutty Professor recommends mask wearing with no cases, not touching a football and bans drinking standing up, you, as a leader and a grown man, tell her “Thanks Nicola, but respectfully, we are not going with that. As that is objectively insane and deluded.”

Then you get a new CHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So any comments on Lidia Thorpe's actions this week and Bandt's complete inaction about these actions? Or does that not count because the victim was a conservative politician?
Don’t know anything about it. Care to share?
LOL why doesn't anyone in here believe you?

It was splashed across the headlines and mentioned even on the luvvie's channel the ALPABC numerous times.

Hate to prove you wrong again, but I rarely watch tv these days and only ever look at the news on socials when headlines grab my eyes or you guys alert me to a story. I’m just so over all of it, to be frank. So no, I haven’t seen this story at all.

Don’t know anything about it. Care to share?

Hate to prove you wrong again, but I rarely watch tv these days and only ever look at the news on socials when headlines grab my eyes or you guys alert me to a story. I’m just so over all of it, to be frank. So no, I haven’t seen this story at all.
And now that you know?

The ABC is a taxpayer funded organisation, there shouldn't even be a whiff of bias from them
Sorry my question more questioning if the media has no influence then who cares?

But also we constantly have one side of politics complaining that ABC is bias to the other side.

Which imply they think it influences voters

So the notion that Murdoch can influence elections through his media organisations has some support, if only by the actions of politicians in parliament.

I don’t. Regardless, you might not have been following the last thread.

Unlike some frauds on here, I (and one or two others, especially 1970crow) have been consistent all along.

All year some of these posters have argued this is about health and science, gotta believe in the CHO. All hail St Nicola.

But now, suddenly she’s wrong, and the state coordinator is right to overrule her!

The Nutty Professor is living outside of reality, but that’s nothing new. She has been for two years. There were plenty of common sense opportunities to overrule her that were not even controversial (ie mask wearing with no cases, drinking standing up, capacity limits etc). But no, this deluded obsessive woman has been permitted to hold the state of SA hostage for the best part of two ******* years.

It’s not on her, it’s on the idiots in charge.

All of a sudden the people who ignored all the red flags — and attacked those who pointed them out — are now suddenly seeing them, but instead of saying “you’re right, I should’ve seen this earlier” they’re pretending it’s now okay to ignore “the experts.”

As for St Nicola, consider that she wanted to shut off the state to the rest of the country yesterday.

You still trust that?

Wow.
Are you still drunk?

This thread and the last one was largely talking about the benefits of vaccines, vaccine mandates and then people posting posting s**t on both sides of that, with a bit of s**t posting about Americian politics.

All you have ever posted is anti vaccine stuff or at least anti mandate stuff, that has little to do with Spurrier.

I didn't realise this was about your hatred of female leaders though, that's a different issue all together, entirely consistent, but different.

Could the borders opening up backfire when it comes to the hospitality industry? Two of my friendship groups had our Christmas get togethers before the borders opened, another group won't be having one this year, another friend and I will leave it until next year before catching up, three more of my friends cancelled their birthday outing at a restaurant tonight, and are having a meal at home instead. We are all seniors though, not sure how young people feel about dining out at the moment.

that’s just you. The problem with restaurants trying to cater to people who feel like this, is that nothing will be enough.

Spurrier's job is to advocate for the immediate health of South Australians above all other factors. Her job doesn't involve factoring in the short/medium/long term economy or education or crime or law and order or personal convenience. That's the job of the Government and the Police Commissioner. Spurrier's call for lockdowns and shutting of borders carried full weight before we had a majority vaccinated. The Government followed her recommendations. Now that we have 80% vaccinated, the other factors in our society - economy, education, law and order - are being factored in resulting in a more proportionate response from the Government *as of today. Yes - I trust that Spurrier is doing her job.

she advises government, she does not speak for, or act for government

her opinion never carries full weight. Unlike kirky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back