Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds more like trying to down play the absolute stupidity of anti vaxxers.

Depends on the basis for running the argument that they should be forced to pay their own way. Someone was right when they posted that you can’t just start charging fat people straight away, but if we’re crossing this bridge then we should do it properly. You’d need to give the antivaxxers a few weeks warning as well. Fat people a lot longer.

Be interesting to see how many relented but of the 2 that I know one has accepted losing her admin job in a catholic school. Not sure it would make a difference to her, so ultimately the bed wouldn’t be released anyway.

By the time we get nuclear power up, renewables would be dominating (inc base load power as we would have found a way to store).

We should have started nuclear power over a decade ago.
I think the worst mistake this state government made (dont ask me if it was Labor or Liberals decision as I cant remember) was to not set up the nuclear waste in outback SA.
The money we'd have received, would've helped balance the budget going forward.

No, they need to make the decision now, so it's an Alex Hawke call.

Lol, calling Albo my mate, though I would trust him more than ScoMo... but that isn't saying much!

Both sides rather uninspiring.
Rather? I’d say exceptionally uninspiring!

But but but um

Coal

Near record year for coal. Persistent little bugger. I read somewhere that Albo’s policy is effectively to let international market forces dictate coal mines’ futures and he won’t be using levers to close mines.

Depends on the basis for running the argument that they should be forced to pay their own way. Someone was right when they posted that you can’t just start charging fat people straight away, but if we’re crossing this bridge then we should do it properly. You’d need to give the antivaxxers a few weeks warning as well. Fat people a lot longer.

Be interesting to see how many relented but of the 2 that I know one has accepted losing her admin job in a catholic school. Not sure it would make a difference to her, so ultimately the bed wouldn’t be released anyway.
My mistake, I'm not in the user pays camp we have Medicare.

Play on!

Interesting that you only post on the Adelaide Board & don't post on the Weagles board.

It's obvious you are an alias of the formerly worst poster on this board.

Crazy talking about Crazy...

We would appreciate it if you go & post solely on the West Coast board.

Cheers

Novak Djokovic statement: World No.1 breaks silence as he prepares to leave Australia​

An “extremely disappointed” Novak Djokovic will be rushed out of the country after losing a legal battle that ruled him out of the Australian Open.

10.30PM flight to Dubai with Emirates.

I thought that just got approved.
Recommended but don't think the approvals have been sorted yet... but you would expect it will happen.

It needs to as we have nuclear waste stored all over the place in inappropriate locations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recommended but don't think the approvals have been sorted yet... but you would expect it will happen.

It needs to as we have nuclear waste stored all over the place in inappropriate locations.

No doubt there’ll be legal action from the traditional owners. Pretty sure I saw an article saying they’re against it. Will be a few years before a sod is turned you’d reckon. I don’t get what the anti-brigade expect us to do with nuclear medical waste? Surely they want it stored in the best possible manner.

I actually think our Health System needs a full review

I have private health insurance, I really shouldn't need too.
I have had it for 30 years & used it once for day surgery to have my wisdom teeth out.

I actually think our Health System needs a full review

I have private health insurance, I really shouldn't need too.

We’ve got it purely to avoid the surcharge. Been a while since I checked but a basic type cover with a $500 excess was a fair bit cheaper than the surcharge. Might not be the case now and I really should have reviewed it by now.

I've used it a bit, but if the public system was better funded I shouldn't have needed to.

It got me a choice of doctor, quicker surgery, etc . Stupid really.
The only way of reforming the private health system is to bring in caps for different services.

Some clinicians charge criminal rates & not usually the best doctors either.

I have had it for 30 years & used it once for day surgery to have my wisdom teeth out.
We’ve had it for as long as the surcharge was put in place. Reckon it might be 18 years because missus was over the 30 year old limit so didn’t get the full rebate there for a while. Reckon she was 32 at the time. I used it once to get my compression syndrome in my calves done. The missus hasn’t used it at all.

When I had a colonoscopy in Alice they asked if I had it but it didn’t make any difference that I know of. Still waited my turn and woke up in the shared room with everyone else. They probably just pushed some costs to Medibank.

Much better to get all the nuclear waste out of hospitals basements and store it in a central location.

We should have built a nuclear power plant at Roxby, and have the waste stored there too. Not sure how thirsty modern nuclear plants are but Roxby already uses a heap of water.

A decade or so ago Roxby used about 10% of SA's power, already has large HV cables in place.

Its' one of the main reasons Australia rates poorly on green house emissions, we are about the only developed country that doesn't have nuclear power.

The only way of reforming the private health system is to bring in caps for different services.

We need some sort of review of the entire Health system. Top to bottom and work out what we want.

Have had it for 30+ years. For all but one year it was a "rip-off" -- premiums higher than the benefits we got.

The one year when the insurance company got punished was a shocker and changed my perspective. I am now quite happy too be "ripped off" every year because it means the family is fit and well.

We’ve had it for 40 years, and rarely used it until recently. Had a brain bleed once years ago but was admitted as a public patient and didn’t have to pay a cent. It’s great to know that everyone can get emergency treatment when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back