Preview Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Round 16 Faceoff/Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, if the Dogs had better form I'd back them to flog us based on the Crows performance history (beat a lower ranked side, lose to better pressure/talent side - not learn from mistakes, persist with OoF players and same old game plan then beat a club in poor form and keep head in sand again) and club statements (coach especially - same old statements).

As it stands I think we are still favorites to win but if the Dogs come to play as a team with a mission (ala Hawthorn) we are likely in trouble. Hopefully we can propel into the remainder of the season and finals. Still have a month or so to sort ourselves out.

Statement from JJ that we won't tag the other JJ, just make him accountable by whoever he marks kicking goals :huh:. Pyke reckons if we get the fundamentals right, we'll win. Both of these statements ignore the fact that footy's become a bit more complex than that. Teams do analyse the opposition and play a game plan to counter the strengths and play on the weaknesses of whichever team they are against. Heaven forefend we should try this. Just stick to the same old same old that has been worked out. The teams that have done the Dogs this year have tagged JJ and roughed him up to the point he has become ineffectual and is probably undergoing therapy. We may just play him back into form.
I've defended our coaches in the past. No more. Lose this one and heads should roll (they won't).

One guy at my school was involved in an incident at a volleyball game. Pretty heated affair and he ended up 'spiking' someone through the net.

He wrote the apology letter but the left hand column read '**** off Scotch.'

Someone noticed so he got in trouble for that too
That's actually pretty clever

Nice avoidence

You said JJ, let the tactics out of tehebag that we would not tag against Geelong , how can he be letting any tactic out of the bag, when Pyke has never tagged since he has coached the crows, its no bloody secret
So let's recap.

JJ says we won't tag JJ.

You say as if JJ is going to tell us.

I point out he said the same thing against Geelong when we didn't tag.

You are right Don doesn't tag.

So what is your actual point? That JJ is lying, Don will change his strategy and we will actually tag this week so don't worry what JJ says?

So let's recap.

JJ says we won't tag JJ.

You say as if JJ is going to tell us.

I point out he said the same thing against Geelong when we didn't tag.

You are right Don doesn't tag.

So what is your actual point? That JJ is lying, Don will change his strategy and we will actually tag this week so don't worry what JJ says?

Hahahaha

It's like telling me fish swim in water

JJ said we won't tag

We all know fish swim in water and we all know Pyke had never tagged

It was common knowledge

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty sure Jacobs wouldnt be saying anything of what goes on in team meetings and plans to take on the dogs

Unless he is a complete dimwit

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sorry it wasn't JJ, it was Jacobs you were referring to.

So what do you think Jacobs has been told that he wouldn't be telling us unless he's a complete dimwit? That we won't tag or that we will?

Just heard M Sheahan on AA. He thinks both teams should be desparate etc; Bicks said something like Bulldogs obviously, season on the line etc; but Crows not so much, Sheahan disagreed.

Well Mike, you should be right and I hope you're right, but I've watched more Crows than you this year (probably) and I'm not convinced we've got enough desperation and mongrel in us to match the same from the Dogs (if they bring it, they might not).

We've shown it at times, and on Sat, and I'm not totally pessimistic, but I'm waiting to be convinced.

I hope the Dogs bring it, and I hope we match it and win. If that happens it'll almost be more important than beating Geelong.

PS I also think mongrel/desperate will be more important than tagging Cappucino Head.

CtxX52.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a tough game tomorrow, made ever tougher by this club's complete ineptitude at strategic and tactical planning. It will be a miracle, the only way I see us winning is if the Bulldogs don't turn up, and thankfully they haven't turned up many times this year, unfortunately, lately, neither have we.

Btw anyone know who has the best odds for the Bulldogs?

Due to work I haven't read or heard much media about this game but I'm pretty sure I caught a snippet, maybe from a TV news headline that WB were bringing the Premiership Cup over with them for this game. Can anyone confirm this? If so, has any other club done this? Seems pretty arrogant and in poor taste.

Really don't care. I'll be there but without hope or expectation.
The selectors are setting the team up to fail. I'm over it.

Due to work I haven't read or heard much media about this game but I'm pretty sure I caught a snippet, maybe from a TV news headline that WB were bringing the Premiership Cup over with them for this game. Can anyone confirm this? If so, has any other club done this? Seems pretty arrogant and in poor taste.
If they have a Bulldogs supporter group in Adelaide they might bring it over for the post-match function. Probably those fans' first chance to see it.

Adelaide should have some confidence from the Carlton game.
Finally were able to grit our teeth and win in a scrap.
Can't always play the flowing style we like so important to be able to grind out a win.

Bulldogs are sitting 7-7 and barely shown a glimpse of the amazing football they showed last September
You wonder if the premiership hangover is actually a thing?

1997 preliminary final remains my favourite Crows' game of all time
0% chance of Jarman playing in this one though ;)

I prefer the 1998 Prelim over the 1997 Prelim.

I was overseas for the 97 Prelim. The group I was with called home from a payphone in a bar in Spain to find out the result. We got a lot of strange looks from the old men in the bar as we all shouted after hearing we won.

The 98 Prelim I was lucky enough to go over to Melbourne to watch the game from the Great Southern Stand with my Dad. Bussed overnight on the Friday night, watched the game and then back on the bus to get home by Sunday morning.

I remember being really nervous at half-time of the 98 Prelim as, even though we were 34 points up, the Bulldogs were 31 points up at half-time the year before and lost. Turns out I didn't need to worry as we won in a canter. Probably one of our biggest ever wins on the MCG too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back