Autopsy AFL 2021 ROUND 19 - Demons v Dogs Sat July 24th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Demos by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree the dogs get the rub often, not sure why though? Are they just lucky or do they play/train to it?
Before I get wacked by mods, there's a good thread in the umpiring sub-board that we can discuss that in. If it doesn't get swamped with personal attacks and off topic posts by dogs supporters

Certainly shouldn't be equal but should reflect the game, no neutral can say that Melbourne committed over twice the amount of infringements
[/QUOTE]

I was watching the game not the umpires, but what I saw was Brown getting a free and a goal for flopping, and a throw for your second goal also commentated on by the commentators. That’s two goals you shouldn’t have had.

The extra 16 frees would be handy. Imagine starting a game and the ump awarding 16 centre clearances to start the game and pretending its a non factor. The fact that we got to within 4 points despite the AFL trying their best to deliver the dogs a win was a commendable effort. But everytime we got close, the umps found a way to bail the dogs out time and time again.

It spoiled what could've been a good game.

Also, Tim English won't kick a better goal for the rest of his career. More ass than class.
Harmes was 0-4 on the free kick table so technically a ratio of negative infinity, which is pretty large.

Are you suggesting all his frees in clearance situations weren't there? Anyone who watches football can assure you they were.

Agree the dogs get the rub often, not sure why though? Are they just lucky or do they play/train to it?
Hunter, macrae, libba, weightman are extremely good at milking free kicks and our team gives very little away. Without actual numbers I suspect that is where most of the deficit comes from.

Good post, it's really the only conclusion that can be made. Surely more believable than 'we just get some more 50/50s' and my favorite 'we are just a fairer team'
Exactly. It's way more logical and believable....It's actually mindblowing to me having watched all our games that some Dogs fans believe otherwise.

Harmes took possession, took a few steps and was dispossessed in the tackle. Could have disposed as soon as he got the ball but decided to take English on and was pinged. Clear HTB every day of the week.
I have no problems with your interpretation. But it’s not consistent what is paid during the game and that’s what’s frustrating

There was a shocker of a non call against Melbourne in the last call in your forward line that ended in a Melbourne goal as well.

And the Brown push in the back was a typical Brown flop

it was Spargo that was probably holding the ball yes, the tackle actually was pretty sloppy and slammed him in the back. I have no doubts if it was dogs player would had been given a free for in the back.
Brown was pushed under the footy and the dogs player didn’t make any attempt to mark so not sure how it’s a flop

There was a game earlier in the season (dees/cats maybe? Can't recall) where the interpretation changed drastically and they called almost every tackle htb, as due to the letter of the law it was htb.

As frustrating as the constant whistle was, at least it made it consistent. This 'knocked out in the tackle' nonsense just makes the game more confusing

it was the saints/dees game

think we got pinged 12 or 14 times for holding the ball for memory.

it was Spargo that was probably holding the ball yes, the tackle actually was pretty sloppy and slammed him in the back. I have no doubts if it was dogs player would had been given a free for in the back.
Brown was pushed under the footy and the dogs player didn’t make any attempt to mark so not sure how it’s a flop
Brown was 50/50 at best. He flopped, like he usually does at any touch

Spargo was holding the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey now c'mon memes aside Tommo when he went down had literally not lost a single 1 on 1, he was playing good footy up until then.
Is that why the afl gave you an extra 3 on the ground tonight? Can we expect fairer and more equitable officiating when you're back to full strength? I hope so, truly terrifying if not.
UNfortunately for Melbourne your coach and players dont seem to know the rules. Push in the back and HTB particularly. Others were pretty even, but umps are going to pay infringements that they see.

Is the discrepancy based on us being consistently very disciplined and not giving frees away very often. Im not on the inside but its pretty clear that we do train to stay disciplined/within the rules. Weve also got a very disciplined coach whos not afraid to drop offenders to reinforce the point.

Is the discrepancy based on us being consistently very disciplined and not giving frees away very often. Im not on the inside but its pretty clear that we do train to stay disciplined/within the rules. Weve also got a very disciplined coach whos not afraid to drop offenders to reinforce the point.

It could be.

So 7 weeks ago we beat you by 40 without corrupt umpiring. Are dunkley and treloar worth 40, no?
Last night we showed that despite the favouring you could only beat us by 3 goals.
Its really easy to make an outlandish point when you just make things up. Melb beat the Dogs by 28 points in Round 11 and the Dogs beat Melbourne by 20 points in Round 19.
Imagine if Dunkley and Treloar are worth 40 points. We'd beat your gutless mob by 10 goals

Saw the contact coming, dropped the knee and twisted/lifted the arm a la selwood to draw the down-field. He's not unique in doing it and I'm sure we all hate seeing it. Some teams just benefit from it more I suppose
So you are telling me that Hunter kicked the ball downfield and then played for a high contact free.

It what universe is it OK for Hunt to tackle in any form after the legal disposal?

Last edited:
I can’t wait to meet in finals too when the dogs have Dunkley, Treloar, Wood, Vandermeer, Martin and Keath back in their best 22 whilst the demons have oh wait no one back because outside of Tomlinson you’ve had your best team available all year.

Hey, how’s it going?

I guess once Martin’s back it will all be OK.

We will see. Martin has never dominated Gawn, if he can just be competitive and not get slaughtered that will be a massive win for the Bulldogs.

Your post was clearly insinuating the dogs would flop in finals. They didn’t. Whatever happens the best team will win Saturday week. No excuses for either team.

Your post was clearly insinuating the dogs would flop in finals. They didn’t. Whatever happens the best team will win Saturday week. No excuses for either team.

My post was insinuating your obsession with who was missing out of the Bulldogs team meant they would be brilliant once they return was superficial - as proved by the Bulldogs’ terrible form once they got all those players back bar Martin.

I looked at the data for this year’s Melbourne vs. Geelong H&A games and predicted a comfortable victory for Melbourne on Friday. 30-40 points, not 80.

I see pretty similar trends over four hours of data for the Melbourne vs. Bulldogs games too. 20-40 points to Melbourne.

If it doesn’t pan out like that, it will mean the Bulldogs bucked what the data suggests which would be to theirs and Beveridge’s credit.

But stick to your “these are the missing players, we will be better when they aren’t missing” analysis.

My post was insinuating your obsession with who was missing out of the Bulldogs team meant they would be brilliant once they return was superficial - as proved by the Bulldogs’ terrible form once they got all those players back bar Martin.

I looked at the data for this year’s Melbourne vs. Geelong H&A games and predicted a comfortable victory for Melbourne on Friday. 30-40 points, not 80.

I see pretty similar trends over four hours of data for the Melbourne vs. Bulldogs games too. 20-40 points to Melbourne.

If it doesn’t pan out like that, it will mean the Bulldogs bucked what the data suggests which would be to theirs and Beveridge’s credit.

But stick to your “these are the missing players, we will be better when they aren’t missing” analysis.

Pretty sure they all returned last night bar keath and they were brilliant. Also players generally need a few games back from injury to hit their stride which corresponds with the deep in form and now there is an upwards trajectory for the team.

But well done on your bump on a comment once form went down and now you can’t hack the response once we didn’t flop like you were insinuating 😂

Pretty sure they all returned last night bar keath and they were brilliant. Also players generally need a few games back from injury to hit their stride which corresponds with the deep in form and now there is an upwards trajectory for the team.

But well done on your bump on a comment once form went down and now you can’t hack the response once we didn’t flop like you were insinuating 😂

Only one person who waits to be captain hindsight mate. Check the mirror, you’ll find them there.

Back