Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 16 - Suns v Pies Sat July 2nd 7:25pm EST (Metricon)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

God Gold Coast are frustrating to watch. How many times have they had a team on the ropes the last few years and shat the bed late?

Also, if that was Dew's coaching having all his players sucked into the contest at half back with no forwards holding their shape ahead of the ball for a dump kick, he's not up to it.

Who was that umpire in the middle at the end?

That was as blatant an example of trying to get one team the win as I've ever seen. Completely ignores Ginnivan taking out the legs and seconds later calls HTB on Collins when he was never even tackled.

Disgraceful, he needs to be reprimanded and dropped. Blatant bias on show.

The rules are broken. Don't blame the umpires at all. The Commission are obsessed with overcomplicating the laws of the game.

John noble holding the ball with 2 mins to go but the umpire didn't have the nads to call it. pathetic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one of many things I don't follow in the contemporary game. With a minute to go, Suns get a turnover in the midfield, and nobody up forward to kick the ball to. Wouldn't you think you'd at least have someone in a position where they could snare a goal? Collingwood deserved their win.

suns stiff with those calls in the last few mins. they don't get 3-4 HTB yet one against them. Amateur hour again.
FWIW, Stewie should be asking the VFL for a please explain for that Noble non call. Cost GC the game.

The Crisp throw not called in the centre was also crucial.

God Gold Coast are frustrating to watch. How many times have they had a team on the ropes the last few years and shat the bed late?

They've been completely dudded by the umpires each time.

And they were kinda right to ignore them.
They were 50/50s and by leaving them you encourage ballwinning.

Just a shame they had to insert themselves when they did, took the energy right out of a cracking contest.

Yeah I reckon that's a good call. I don't have a problem with letting those go, but then by pulling one out with 90 seconds to go that wasn't even close to the ones they ignore just screams s**t umpiring. Then go back to ignoring it again.

Good umpiring is fundamentally about consistency. Whatever your interpretation you have to stick with it. Not yo-yo around in a close game in the last 3 minutes.

Back