Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 86 34.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Maynard goes for that I will delete my bigfooty account because there was absolutely NOTHING he could do to avoid that and I wouldn’t want to follow a sport that’s gone absolutely ******* mental over head high contact
Don't know about that.
He should have pat Brayshaw on the head instead of protecting himself.

I am not sure some of you in this thread have ever done anything athletic in your lives if you think that was some kind of thug move
They all think you can cartwheel to the side in less than half a second also.

A lot of posters in here clearly failed physics...

If you have read the script the player is culpable once they make a decision = duty of care. That wasn't a realistic smother and instead of just following through he cleaned him up. I'm sure it ends up that he can still.play GF. Non suspension for knocking someone out after the new lines drawn (whether we agree with it or not) would be laughable.

Pies keepin it simple in the wet.

Commentators desperately trying to excuse Maynard even though Maynard dropped his shoulder into Brayshaw from a height

He didn't need to tuck in and point his shoulder into Brayshaw's head
Yeah mate, he went from smothering the ball into the Peoples' Elbow in .3 of a second.

What a champ :rolleyes:

Yes Maynard went for the smother, but then changed to a bump when it was gone, BT needs to take the black and white off
Turns his shoulder the other way and everyone would be fine

Back