Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Port Sat Sept 9th 7:25pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 21.2%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 39 25.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Please remember this is the Match Thread to discuss this Match
We have multiple threads and places to banter on side issues so feel free to use them, and don’t forget there are threads on Bay 13 too if your predilection is more towards trolling, memes, and humorous type banter…leave this thread for the people who want to talk about the game.
Use the report button.

Good luck to both teams!

Don't tell us what to do!

The Eagles suck!

Terrible band.

;)

I have a feeling Port will win.
There is always at least one finals upset and with the favourite winning both games so far, along with Port having a good record as underdog under Hinkley you just get the feeling they'll win this and lose the preliminary final against Melbourne or Carlton.

Having said that, Port have done well to get this far given they have glaring holes in the list so credit needs to go to Hinkley for getting the best out of them.

There is always at least one finals upset and with the favourite winning both games so far, along with Port having a good record as underdog under Hinkley you just get the feeling they'll win this and lose the preliminary final against Melbourne or Carlton.

Having said that, Port have done well to get this far given they have glaring holes in the list so credit needs to go to Hinkley for getting the best out of them.

Melbourne were favourites.

Hopefully Kenny will explain why they are worshipping atomic bombs before the bounce tonight

Adelaide must be a dull place to live if the only theme inspiration you can draw is building the atomic bomb to massacre the Japanese people.

AFL 23 predicts Brisbane to hold on against a fast finishing Port Adelaide
jYY4x88.png

I like Port. They can play some great footy.

That said, Brisbane at the Gabba and finals pressure does funny things.

Lions will strike early and land early blows putting Port behind the eight ball.

Brisbane to kick the winning score. 34 points.

I like Port. They can play some great footy.

That said, Brisbane at the Gabba and finals pressure does funny things.

Lions will strike early and land early blows putting Port behind the eight ball.

Brisbane to kick the winning score. 34 points.

You'll hear the mighty roar (of the crowd at the end) :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port in a canter Brisbane to kick 6-20

Yep the team that is most accurate in front of goal will win - Melbourne and Sydney would be filthy with themselves right now!
That said you have to wonder is all of the "tactical" game plans that they work on executing during the week getting in the way of basic fundamentals such as taking set shots for goal.

It's a just a video game simulation posted for a bit of fun, hardly going to reflect actual real life. DO NOT GAMBLE BASED ON it :( :p
I am not Nathan Brown!!

Are you saying gunners would have kicked 10

Melbourne were favourites.

Shouldn’t have been but were to some. Melbourne were not going to win with all those inclusions in comparison to the last game. Only major thing benefiting them was that Daicos was out.

I think the most likely upset is the Saints vs GWS game but even that won’t happen. I think first week will be pretty predictable.

I think the most likely upset is the Saints vs GWS game but even that won’t happen. I think first week will be pretty predictable.
Do you think Hinkley deserves credit for getting the best out of a Port list with glaring holes?
Add in Grundy, Ratugolea plus Horne-Francis after a full pre season and Port will be primed to go all the way in 2024.

Do you think Hinkley deserves credit for getting the best out of a Port list with glaring holes?
Add in Grundy, Ratugolea plus Horne-Francis after a full pre season and Port will be primed to go all the way in 2024.

Sure.

I don’t rate Grundy. Ratugolea will be a great pick up for them. They are going places.

Look I’d give them more chance if the game was played at AO. It’s at the Gabba though so don’t see it happening.

Off to the game. Good luck to the atomic bomb worshipping supporters, let’s hope for an entertaining contest! Port a very explosive team!

Hopefully port fans don’t go nuclear if they don’t get the win!

Back