Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Lions v Pies Thurs March 28th 7:30pm AEDT (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Very much so but unlike Brissie, those players have achieved something and I trust them to have a better game. More so, this Brisbane team is extremely overrated and it's the very definition of a must-win for Collingwood.
In what way do you believe we are over rated? Genuine question. Not having a go. I'd say we are more chokers/underperformed come September then anything.

This year we seem to be have some genuine worries with injuries. Which we haven't really had in the past.

I think it all comes down to whether the extra week off helps or hinders Brisbane. Either it interrupts their momentum and they're left flat footed and the Pies roll them, or they'll have the legs to run over the Pies. Or there's a bit of both. Danger game for Brisbane even if they're favourites, need to play with some mongrel. They're vulnerable. If Collingwood beat them at the Gabba, it will give them confidence to start winning and square the ledger. Season over if either loses, huge for both.

I think it all comes down to whether the extra week off helps or hinders Brisbane. Either it interrupts their momentum and they're left flat footed and the Pies roll them, or they'll have the legs to run over the Pies. Or there's a bit of both. Danger game for Brisbane even if they're favourites, need to play with some mongrel. They're vulnerable. If Collingwood beat them at the Gabba, it will give them confidence to start winning and square the ledger. Season over if either loses, huge for both.

Personally I am not writing off whichever team loses. I expect both teams to make the 8.

My mob made Finals after an infamous Owen 6 start in 2017.

In what way do you believe we are over rated? Genuine question. Not having a go. I'd say we are more chokers/underperformed come September then anything.

This year we seem to be have some genuine worries with injuries. Which we haven't really had in the past.

You don't have a line breaking midfielder. They are all workhorses who are very good at what they do but like the Western Bulldogs, no one can grab the ball and take off from stoppages.
McInerney is one dimensional. Great at punching the footy down the line but offers very little else. Has not taken a single mark so far this season.

I just think their list has been overrated this summer. Desperately need Hipwood & Rayner to take that next step and become consistent footballers.

You don't have a line breaking midfielder. They are all workhorses who are very good at what they do but like the Western Bulldogs, no one can grab the ball and take off from stoppages.
McInerney is one dimensional. Great at punching the footy down the line but offers very little else. Has not taken a single mark so far this season.

I just think their list has been overrated this summer. Desperately need Hipwood & Rayner to take that next step and become consistent footballers.
Wilmot is the one we are hoping turns into a Blakey type. Still developing but has been lacking his regular impact. Coleman is a huge loss in regards to line breaking ability. Not so much run and carry.

Big O has struggled for sure. Against some competent rucks in the first 2 weeks though.

Rayner has been a big dissapointment for sure. Shows glimpses but rarely delivers.

I agree with most of what your saying however. But we still have Ashcroft and Doedee to come back in aswell as Mckenna who can add plenty of run off half back if he can get his hammie right.

There's something off with us at the moment. Interesting times ahead if we go 1 and 6 by rd 7.

A break will help players with niggles settle down instead of making it worse. They really didn't have much momentum anyway, I don't see how rest is a negative thing particularly with someone like Neale who had a hamstring complaint.

of Charlie Cameron's last 21 kicks at goal against Collingwood, 20 have gone through the big sticks. I cannot wait to see what arsey goals he pulls out this time

of Charlie Cameron's last 21 kicks at goal against Collingwood, 20 have gone through the big sticks. I cannot wait to see what arsey goals he pulls out this time

Can you use his real name please, the Time Sniper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

?

Personally I am not writing off whichever team loses. I expect both teams to make the 8.

My mob made Finals after an infamous Owen 6 start in 2017.
If Pies, go 0-4 they're no longer a contender this season, no one has won the flag being 0-3 let alone 0-4.
Can they make finals? that's even debatable if they lose this match? it's possible records are made to be broken but I don't think they come back from here if they lose this game the wind will be out of sails.

Sidebottom listed as managed on the AFL website.

Bloke must be a fiend on the bags on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.
His form has been poor being managed/dropped whatever you want to call it is that ain't surprising.

Back