AFL Media is a cesspool of vic bias

Remove this Banner Ad

It all depends on the definition of "support". Melbourne Storm would be the most "supported" league team, because people from Melb would nominate it if asked. But it is not the same as people who actually turn up and pay money to support their team

You do realise that the Melbourne Storm have the highest membership tally in the NRL?

The “Western Australian teams get the 4:40pm game too regularly” line gets repeated until the cows come home on the BigFooty main board like Australia has one single time zone.

Two things to remember-
—- Western Australian teams are often bad choices for Thursday/ Friday night games (especially away from Perth) as Perth is 2 hours behind the East Coast. Imagine Eagles supporters complaining because they have to watch a game at 5:20pm local time on a Thursday.
— The “4:40pm timeslot” starts at 2:40pm WA time; allowing the AFL to have that separate timeslot Foxtel wants while minimising the impact on fans because WA fans are still leaving the ground earlier in the day than the Victorian fans after the 3:20pm game
Bit like saying we won’t offer employees a 4 day work week for a 5% pay cut because they might complain.

Easy line to take if you don’t actually offer it up.

AFL Media is a cesspool​

just fixed the entire thread

mind you a quick skim of the West Australian and you wouldn't know 16 other teams existed
and the SA advertiser is better with general AFL news but specialized sections for Crows and Port

and show me where I can watch every game of Saints on FTA every weekend?, or any Vic team for that matter?

Last edited:

AFL Media is a cesspool​

mind you a quick skim of the West Australian and you wouldn't know 16 other teams existed
and the SA advertiser is better with general AFL news but specialized sections for Crows and Port
You’re comparing state based media talking about their own clubs with the actual AFL media who are supposed to be national…..

Bit like saying we won’t offer employees a 4 day work week for a 5% pay cut because they might complain.

Easy line to take if you don’t actually offer it up.

Why are you quoting something that I said two years ago mate?

The media is full of individuals with their biases. Depending on who they grew up barracking for and who was a rival in their playing days. We can easily hear who doesn’t like your own club very easily, but others don’t necessarily hear it.
Personally I’m stoked we won’t have to put up with Hamish this year on channel 7. The guy is unlistenable. Cain Cornes is just a peanut, along with Sam Mclure and Tom Morris. I’ve mentioned 2 South Australians, 2 Victorians and it really doesn’t matter where they’re from it is how bad they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anybody remotely likeable in the AFL media? At all? It's all just one massive circle jerk. The "Footy Industry". What a freaking wankstain of a concept. The :"Newsbreakers", the analysts, the experts, the "journos", the commentators, the Special Comments, the Boundary Riders, the shock jocks, the draft watchers, AFLW FFS, it's all ******* horrendous. Never felt so unexcited and removed from footy.

AFL national media is simply pandering to the majority of clubs and the majority of club fans.
AFL does the same.
And it’s the same AFL that provides same media with AFL accreditation.

Surely this is no surprise to anyone.

Have you changed your mind?

No—- but I believe that someone trying to bring life back to a two year old discussion by quoting a two year old post is strangely creepy.

We’re only a few hours until the start of the AFL season, there must be more interesting content to discuss than quoting a post I made during the 2022 finals season

No—- but I believe that someone trying to bring life back to a two year old discussion by quoting a two year old post is strangely creepy.

We’re only a few hours until the start of the AFL season, there must be more interesting content to discuss than quoting a post I made during the 2022 finals season
s**t, it’s on tonight 😮

AFL Media is a cesspool​

and show me where I can watch every game of Saints on FTA every weekend?, or any Vic team for that matter?
WTF has a state based news agency got to do with it?

Is there anybody remotely likeable in the AFL media? At all? It's all just one massive circle jerk. The "Footy Industry". What a freaking wankstain of a concept. The :"Newsbreakers", the analysts, the experts, the "journos", the commentators, the Special Comments, the Boundary Riders, the shock jocks, the draft watchers, AFLW FFS, it's all ******* horrendous. Never felt so unexcited and removed from footy.
Agree wholeheartedly with this post.
Add in a predominately-Crows Adelaide media (where the money is), a Vic-centric AFL accredited media (where the money is), a Ken Hinkley / David Koch deteriorating malaise, a Vic-centred AFL competition (again, where the money is)…. And it’s not hard to be cynical about the competition, isn’t it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back