Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title of this thread is "COVID-19 including the impact on Season 2020."

The Mods have asked that political discussion be taken to relevant threads elsewhere.

So now we are talking about Neo-Nazi's.....irrelevant to the thread topic.

This is a final warning...political discourse on the Geelong FOOTBALL board will no longer be tolerated. This thread is on the verge of lockdown. If you wish to discuss political issues go to the Politics Thread on the main board, or go to the Bay.

Whoever that sniveler is, get a grip.

Had similar happen to us, some cretin reported us to no less than 3 local MP's. Despite receiving government issued and installed safety and distancing materials in early April. Instructions and safe standing gaps clearly marked on the floor.

The latter is why I agree with the former.

- Teams in hubs with neutral games.
- Reduced quarter lengths
- 17 games max. Could end up being less.
- Season encroaching on summer sport schedule. (GF will be during the spring carnival :drunk: )
- No crowds.

Really hard to get enthused about football. Even more bastardised and compromised than usual.
Same applies in Europe. Liverpool fans eager for its return, no one else gives a s**t given hundreds are still dying daily.

People need a distraction and maybe football can play a role there.

Like you I'm not overly enthused about AFL in 2020 or the compromises that are going to impact on the game, but perhaps once it gets going we can find some positives when theres a bunch of negatives all around us.

I'm prepared to give it a chance and hope it can serve a purpose in the coming months.

Whoever that sniveler is, get a grip.

Had similar happen to us, some cretin reported us to no less than 3 local MP's. Despite receiving government issued and installed safety and distancing materials in early April. Instructions and safe standing gaps clearly marked on the floor.

I think it gives people with not a lot going on a sense of power dobbing people in.
Like they're a vigilante health officer or something.
Same with those people taking photos of people on the beach etc and posting on FB.
With them I think they get a quick burst of endorphins when people comment and say
"Great Job. I can't believe people are so reckless wha wha"

The latter is why I agree with the former.

- Teams in hubs with neutral games.
- Reduced quarter lengths
- 17 games max. Could end up being less.
- Season encroaching on summer sport schedule. (GF will be during the spring carnival :drunk: )
- No crowds.

Really hard to get enthused about football. Even more bastardised and compromised than usual.
Same applies in Europe. Liverpool fans eager for its return, no one else gives a s**t given hundreds are still dying daily.
Nope, I and many others are far more keen for lives to be saved than for football to return. Liverpool fans understand the tragedy of massive loss of life in communities more than most. In particular events caused or made worse by terrible management. Keep your idiotic generalisations to yourself.

Seems there's not much discussion to be had around covid based on this morning's efforts

As there's been previous advice to keep on topic which is now just being ignored
, looks like it's time to give this thread a rest until such a time as there's something new covid based to discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back