An Eye on the Red and (Royal) Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

In response to a few of the posts in the other threads RE: our Royal Blue kit worn during most of the 80s, I thought a poll would be appropriate to see who would like a return to this design.

I don't know how likely it is that we would ever go back to it (it was mentioned Cam Schwab didn't seem too keen on the idea) but its an interesting question.

Personally, I can't decide. I really like our 'traditional' navy blue kit, but I think the royal blue looks great as well. Perhaps we could wear it only once or twice a year or something? Or as an 'alternate' alternate strip? Would it make a good away strip or is it still too dark?

Voted the last option but didn't agree with the wording. I don't mind it, prefer the navy.

Would like a Blue V and Red top as away

has anyone here made some jumper designs, like on the photoshop board etc?

I wonder if there are some better alternatives to the royal blue

At the very least it seems as though nobody wants it to replace the navy and red.
How 'light' does a light away strip have to be? Surely for most away games (i.e. Essendon at the dome, saints, adelaide) it would be light enough? Only team I can think it might be a problem against would be west coast at subi...

We should wear the red and dark navy blue every match except for away games against 'so-called' clashes (Adelaide, Carlton, Essendon.) In these cases the royal blue would be a much better option than the white (which should be completely scrapped.) Best case scenario we have ONE jumper worn for EVERY game and that is the famous red and dark navy blue. Clash jumpers look ridiculous and are only needed for the vision impaired.

As I said in the melb v ess playing strip thread, I twitted schwab at the start of the year asking y we can't wear the royal blue as a clash jumper, and he replied back, "we have never made a finals series in that jumper".

Voted the last option but didn't agree with the wording. I don't mind it, prefer the navy.

Would like a Blue V and Red top as away

Saw a sketch of this on 'land. Looks really good even as a sketch. And that's watt I would go for also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back