Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

You backing Albo's bullshit in are you?

Insult a DV and child abuse survivor on stage at the rally she organised where he wouldn't commit to doing anything, then watch her cry while lecturing the audience about respect for women?

Please tell me you're not doing this
If she lied, she doesn't get to say 'I'm a woman', cry and she's off the hook. She claimed Albanese said 'I'm the Prime Minister, I run this country', which is very different from simply saying 'I'm the PM', which could mean anything from 'people want to hear from me' to 'I'm the one who can actually make policy'. The video doesn't back her up.

That doesn't mean Albanese comes out of this any better, or that he didn't lie, just that it's a shitshow from both sides.

Frankly, his whole team screwed the pooch. Go and not say anything and he's ignoring their real issues. Say something and he's mainsplaining and taking over, don't go and he doesn't care.

If she lied, she doesn't get to say 'I'm a woman', cry and she's off the hook. She claimed Albanese said 'I'm the Prime Minister, I run this country', which is very different from simply saying 'I'm the PM', which could mean anything from 'people want to hear from me' to 'I'm the one who can actually make policy'. The video doesn't back her up.

That doesn't mean Albanese comes out of this any better, or that he didn't lie, just that it's a shitshow from both sides.

Frankly, his whole team screwed the pooch. Go and not say anything and he's ignoring their real issues. Say something and he's mainsplaining and taking over, don't go and he doesn't care.
He said Do you want me to speak or not? I'm the Prime Minister.

How people remember things especially when emotions are involved doesn't always word for word reflect what was said, she didn't have access to the video footage when compiling her statement.

s**t how many people get movie quotes or song lyrics wrong all the time?

This is exactly how testimony is attacked though to make victims of abuse out to be lying.

Calling her a liar because she's gotten the exact phrasing wrong when the intent of what he's saying is pretty much exactly what she wrote is disingenuous at best.

But again it's good to see people backing the career politician and attacking her

How people remember things especially when emotions are involved doesn't always word for word reflect what was said, she didn't have access to the video footage when compiling her statement.

This is exactly how testimony is attacked though to make victims of abuse out to be lying.

Calling her a liar because she's gotten the exact phrasing wrong when the intent of what he's saying is pretty much exactly what she wrote is disingenuous at best.

But again it's good to see people backing the career politician and attacking her
And you're infantilising her. 'I run this country' is a very specific phrase, she had time to consider it, she repeated in prepared interviews. It's not a misremembering, the intent is not the same, it's an invented phrase that was loaded (look how the man abused his power against a woman). Accuracy does count.

Also, don't compare someone being terse with rape or abuse, that's disingenuous.

And I'm not backing Albo, it was a shitshow, his worst day so far.

And you're infantilising her. 'I run this country' is a very specific phrase, she had time to consider it, she repeated in prepared interviews. It's not a misremembering, the intent is not the same, it's an invented phrase that was loaded (look how the man abused his power against a woman). Accuracy does count.

Also, don't compare someone being terse with rape or abuse, that's disingenuous.

And I'm not backing Albo, it was a shitshow, his worst day so far.
You think abuse is just physical?
You think the way he treated her in public at the rally she organised was ok?

He's got history of being like this, lecturing the crowd after that nah heck him

And no I'm not infantilising her but do go off

JackOutback I was talking about memory in general, its not a video recording and people don't magically realise they are remembering things wrong if that is what is happening btw

How you're treating her is how victims of abuse are treated by the public, in the media, and just in general when something in their story doesn't make sense, because people think memory works in a way it doesn't

people expect that everyone would react like they think they'd react in a situation too which yeah good luck with that

To say that Budget Night on May 14 can't come quick enough for Anthony Albanese or his government is merely an understatement. The last fortnight has been nothing short of a trainwreck for the government, and Albanese urgently needs a boost in confidence to come from Treasurer Jim Chalmers's budget speech. Otherwise, Albanese could be looking down the barrel of being a one-term Prime Minister come the next federal election.

Anthony Albanese can thank his lucky stars that his Labor predecessor as PM Kevin Rudd changed the rules on leadership challenges within the Labor Party once Rudd came back into power for a brief period in 2013, otherwise the drums would be banging loudly on a leadership challenge by Jim Chalmers, backed by Bill Shorten.

Sorry but I'm not arguing anything. Just stating what happened after you specifically asking what I disagreed with.

He should not have lied about the organisers saying it was "not possible" for him or whoever to talk. Funnily enough he also had his notes to refer to, even after he was supposedly told it was not possible for him to talk. Surely his workers would have asked well beforehand about the PM speaking at the rally. If they were told it was not possible why would he have notes? It's the little details that matter when covering a lie.

But, when allowed to speak he should have said his bit and sat down. No need for the smart arse comments from the Prime Minister. All the spin that is starting and will continue for the next few days is just that, spin. Misconstrued, misinterpreted etc etc. Again, a standard day.

Edit. A correction, he stated "that wasn't possible"
It sounds like he got pissed off with what she was saying hence the smart Alec comments. She was practically insulting him to his face. Saying it wasn't possible was sarcastic. He let his guard down for sure there and needed to be better but she also shouldnt have said what she said because that isn't going to get people to listen being dismissive. He's the first PM for a while to at least have the guts to try and have his say on the matter instead of brushing it off the least she could have done was hear what he had to say without dismissing it before he had even spoke. Lessons to be learned from both parties IMO.

It sounds like he got pissed off with what she was saying hence the smart Alec comments. She was practically insulting him to his face. Saying it wasn't possible was sarcastic. He let his guard down for sure there and needed to be better but she also shouldnt have said what she said because that isn't going to get people to listen being dismissive. He's the first PM for a while to at least have the guts to try and have his say on the matter instead of brushing it off the least she could have done was hear what he had to say without dismissing it before he had even spoke. Lessons to be learned from both parties IMO.

She should have just asked him about this broken election promise….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m sorry Gralin but your blind defence of Williams is laughable. As one of the organisers of the rally she knew exactly the ramifications of her words. She had the option to say nothing but decided to make a claim against the PM (it matters not who he is BTW) that was at best a misrepresentation, at worst a stunt to further her agenda.

This does not excuse the PM but it goes both ways. If people like this woman demand (rightly) legitimate action then she must start from a position of trust. She burnt that yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sorry Gralin but your blind defence of Williams is laughable. As one of the organisers of the rally she knew exactly the ramifications of her words. She had the option to say nothing but decided to make a claim against the PM (it matters not who he is BTW) that was at best a misrepresentation, at worst a stunt to further her agenda.

This does not excuse the PM but it goes both ways. If people like this woman demand (rightly) legitimate action then she must start from a position of trust. She burnt that yesterday.
Ok bro keep doing what you're doing

Think about what you're saying in the context of the fact 3 more women were murdered by men today too

heck sake get some perspective

Think about what you're saying in the context of the fact 3 more women were murdered by men today too

* sake get some perspective

Don’t play that game with me pal. Spare me your sanctimonious crap.

There is a legitimate and necessary discussion to be had. That relies on both parties acting in good faith.

Sarah Williams did nobody any favours yesterday. She lied (yes she did whether you like it or not) and she made stupid comments along the lines of the PM only being allowed to speak if he agreed to all of her demands.

Albo made a meal of it, nobody is denying that but Sarah Williams acted like a petulant brat at the exact moment the PM was willing to have a discussion.

Yep. No problem.

A lie is a lie is a lie, no matter who tells it.
Yeah and it's gotta be a lie right?
She's gotta have broken trust yeah?
Makes it so much easier that way

There is a legitimate and necessary discussion to be had. That relies on both parties acting in good faith.

Sarah Williams did nobody any favours yesterday. She lied (yes she did whether you like it or not) and she made stupid comments along the lines of the PM only being allowed to speak if he agreed to all of her demands.

Albo made a meal of it, nobody is denying that but Sarah Williams acted like a petulant brat at the exact moment the PM was willing to have a discussion.
Thanks for being that guy who's doing this mate

Women are dying, the government is doing nothing and you're making sure she's being held accountable to your standards first and foremost

Spare me your sanctimonious crap

Get some ******* perspective

This ******* bullshit is the ******* problem

Get a grip FFS.

Do you want politicians, especially the PM to be part of the solution or not?

Well I’ll give the tip sport, if people keep alienating them, those who have the power to make these decisions will be much more difficult to deal with.

Seems you've run into the impossible dystopian. Welcome to the club.

Thanks for being that guy who's doing this mate

Women are dying, the government is doing nothing and you're making sure she's being held accountable to your standards first and foremost

Spare me your sanctimonious crap

Get some ******* perspective

Yeah ok hero, I am dealing with DV in my own family. The solution is not to have zealots running the discussion. You need to bring people together, especially decision makers. Calling the PM a liar (without genuine cause) is going to advance things not one step.

How the heck dare you lecture me. Get over yourself.

Get a grip FFS.

Do you want politicians, especially the PM to be part of the solution or not?

Well I’ll give the tip sport, if people keep alienating them, those who have the power to make these decisions will be much more difficult to deal with.
Think about what you're saying here.

Really think about it.

You're saying if we're not very nice to Albo he won't do anything about women getting murdered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back