Australia v India 2nd ODI at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Form should be the No. 1 criteria for selection, not past deeds.

And Puc has it. Burns doesn't.
This is true and i want Puc but that form has been 2 shield games so far not a large sample size.

I think Puc deserves it but Burns would be a little stiff not to get the start of the summer.

This is true and i want Puc but that form has been 2 shield games so far not a large sample size.

I think Puc deserves it but Burns would be a little stiff not to get the start of the summer.

True, but for Burns to get the gig we're rewarding past form, and going into the game with nothing more than hope about his game.

Form should be the No. 1 criteria for selection, not past deeds.

And Puc has it. Burns doesn't.

I'll preface this by saying I'd much rather Pucovski in the first test than Burns but I seriously could not agree with the philosophy of form over proven ability any more vociferously.

Just when I thought the selectors were over Mitchell Marsh they go and pull Moises Henriques out of their collective arse. Shane Watson you retired too soon.

Could be worse as I remember a Test in Sri Lanka when Marsh and Henriques batted at no 5 and no 6 for Australia. Australia lost.

I'll preface this by saying I'd much rather Pucovski in the first test than Burns but I seriously could not agree with the philosophy of form over proven ability any more vociferously.

How long would you persevere with a guy out of form, but with 'proven ability', before you'd acknowledge he isn't re-capturing the form any time soon and select another in his place?

NSW fav son Moises played 11 1 dayers ,batted 1o times .runs total 81 , highest score 18

33 yrs old

but he is in form ha ha ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just when I thought the selectors were over Mitchell Marsh they go and pull Moises Henriques out of their collective arse. Shane Watson you retired too soon.

Could be worse as I remember a Test in Sri Lanka when Marsh and Henriques batted at no 5 and no 6 for Australia. Australia lost.

We like regurgitating some players in the hope they've changed their spots.

Henriques with that huge batting average of 9 and a bowling average of 44.

Plus his age it’s a real nothing pick. Pretty much anyone from state level would have been a better pick.

I could understand them going Abbott even if they were concerned about Green's bowling. This means he's long odds for the test though if they are concerned he can't bowl 10.

Smashed last night but have dragged my ass to the couch for this.

Come on Aussie!
Hey big Mal, haven't seen you for a while!!

Need more Adelaide-Carlton trades perhaps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back