Australian Survivor: Blood vs Water

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the whole thing of not knowing anything about survivor was a gimmick that was put on as part of the "back story" for her appearance on the show, after all she has appeared on a previous TV reality show before, and we know casting was difficult this season.

I think she wasnt a superfan, but knew more than enough about survivor and how it worked...

Nah completely buy the fact she knew nothing about the game. She is just the +1 of their celebrity casting

BUMP

Just watched the finale some 4 weeks or so later without coming across a spoilers lol.

It has happened the OZ version is now better than the US version. (That said I have yet to watch an ep of S42 but have been warned it is as crap as 41)

JLP is a better host than Probst, never thought that would ever happen.

For next season 20 contestants tops and keep it at 39 days plus not 26 or whatever the US version is now.

BUMP

Just watched the finale some 4 weeks or so later without coming across a spoilers lol.

It has happened the OZ version is now better than the US version. (That said I have yet to watch an ep of S42 but have been warned it is as crap as 41)

JLP is a better host than Probst, never thought that would ever happen.

For next season 20 contestants tops and keep it at 39 days plus not 26 or whatever the US version is now.
42 is decent imo. Better than 41

42 is decent imo. Better than 41

I am going to watch ep 1 tonight.
I used to be jumping outta my seat to watch each ep each week but S41 nearly turned me off the show S38 & S39 were also pretty crap (40 was okay)
I was warned that 42 follows the same PC narrative as 41 so I will see over he days ahead as I slowly catch up.

Rumoured Returnees:
Shaun Hampson
Kristie
George
Jordie
Shonee
Matt Rogers
Golden God
Hayley
Craig
Nina

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally finished this season, avoided spoilers and this thread. And I've got to be honest, I didn't really see Mark's win coming until quite late. I figured that everyone who talked to each other on the way out had agreed they wouldn't vote for Mark or Sam because of their "dog act" and lies about the idol. If it was looking to play out the way it did, I couldn't see why they wouldn't make a move on him. It was like they were dragging HIM to the end just so he could destroy them in a vote.

I hated Jesse and Jordie. Hated them from the start... can't stand those sort of characters. You know, those Jesse and Jordie type interactions. "Hello, my name's Sam, what's yours?"

(Laughing hysterically) "Ho ho ho... stitch up!! Talk about throw me under the bus!!!"

Jesse made one of the all time bonehead Survivor moves and then they blame everyone else for it. Jesse spends the rest of the season attention whoring and mugging for the cameras in the jury - sit down and shut up.

Jordie "played hard" which basically means he got himself on the wrong side of the numbers, scrambled, gave himself a nickname (we love that stuff!), won a couple of challenges, but he's an extrovert so he got every second confessional for about 3-4 episodes. His inflated sense of how well he did is off putting to me, but I'm not sure if I really hated him as a character or that he's just better suited as a Jericho-esque sidekick than the main event in such a snorefest cast. He ain't no Luke Toki, that's for sure.

Terrible season and that's compounded by the stories of general unpleasantness by the cast to come out afterwards. And I'm lukewarm about the next season's premise: ANOTHER returning player and celebrity dominated season? Let's find some new talent eh?

Terrible season and that's compounded by the stories of general unpleasantness by the cast to come out afterwards. And I'm lukewarm about the next season's premise: ANOTHER returning player and celebrity dominated season? Let's find some new talent eh?

What have I missed?
I am still to watch S42 of Survivor after the s**t show that was S41, really going to try and watch the first ep in the next day or two and go from there.

What have I missed?
I am still to watch S42 of Survivor after the s**t show that was S41, really going to try and watch the first ep in the next day or two and go from there.

Some of the people on who watch the jury villa stuff here have mentioned a few of the guys (Jordan as one of the big culprits) being complete arses to a few others who joined the villa later (Sam and KJ are the ones that stick in my mind).

Then apparently the reason Shay was barely asked any questions in the final tribal council was because they cut Jordie and Jesse badgering her, asking her repeatedly where her big moves were. Like, I didn't really see a heap of big Jordie or Josh moves either, Jordie was just noisier. I think Josh's game was better than Shay's because he didn't get a lifeline after being voted out, but Jordie didn’t even have that.

The obsession with big moves and building resumes gets tiresome after a while. That shouldn't be the only way to win. And when a woman does genuinely stir up chaos (e.g. Kass McQuillen), they're hated for it.

Now I bet if someone like Chrissie comes back, she'll go in with 'Make Big Moves!!' overriding any common sense and she'll crash and burn.

Some of the people on who watch the jury villa stuff here have mentioned a few of the guys (Jordan as one of the big culprits) being complete arses to a few others who joined the villa later (Sam and KJ are the ones that stick in my mind).

Then apparently the reason Shay was barely asked any questions in the final tribal council was because they cut Jordie and Jesse badgering her, asking her repeatedly where her big moves were. Like, I didn't really see a heap of big Jordie or Josh moves either, Jordie was just noisier. I think Josh's game was better than Shay's because he didn't get a lifeline after being voted out, but Jordie didn’t even have that.

The obsession with big moves and building resumes gets tiresome after a while. That shouldn't be the only way to win. And when a woman does genuinely stir up chaos (e.g. Kass McQuillen), they're hated for it.

Now I bet if someone like Chrissie comes back, she'll go in with 'Make Big Moves!!' overriding any common sense and she'll crash and burn.
Cheers.
I normally watch the jury villa stuff but fell a mile behind during the season so didn't bother with it this season.

My one hope for the next season is a maximum of 20 contestants and at most air twice a week.

Producers of the show should look at forums like this and see what fans of the show want, yeah we piss and moan about this and that but have the best interests of the show at heart because it is a show that we really like.

Meanwhile the cast of Australian Survivor has also been on the move in recent days with Anjali Rao, David Zaharakis, Jordie Hansen, Shaun Hampson and George from Bankstown (George Mladenov) heading for Samoa.

Coincidently Studio 10’s Daniel Doody has also headed to Samoa this week, but Ten says that is just so he can film a travel segment for the low-rating chat show

Who are the "confirmed" returnees?
I believe the rumoured list above is correct, plus Flick from BvB and another female.

Edit: Apparently the above list was correct at the time but there were some late changes.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back