Autopsy Autopsy Thread vs St Kilda: The End Is Nigh

Remove this Banner Ad

Why Higgins? He's a good player and has tried hard all year in a s**t side.

It's not about good player, it's about leadership. He isn't a leader. He is just as guilty of one way running as most of them.

I find it hard to comprehend the way we play. Even with injuries and such. We allow the opposition so much easy transition football it is incredible. I mean WTF.
Well we know who sets that don't we?

The bloke that will be coaching us next year unless we get lucky and Gold Coast or Collingwood take the potato off our hands?

Chill peeps. The cracks are opening due to late season and playing a bunch of kids. We can't match their run and miss class and strength on ball.

That's about it in a nutshell.

positives : tried the AFL app and MMM synced to live tv. Didn't have to put up ch7

And Ben in beast mode.

Our midfield are such one way runners lol. Everytime Saints get a clearance you can just watch Steven, Ross, Acres etc trot out of the clearance with no one following them, nor within 10 meters.[/QUOT
Its been going on for 8 years - why would it change now?

Zero accountability and the coaches doesn't rate 2 way running so we end up with what we see today.

Thank god that is over. We got the result required. Glad they aren't playing finals as they are terrible. Their soft draw got them close. Glad Roo leaves the game without a flag as well.
Can you tell me the last team to win a premiership with in 10 years of getting the Wooden Spoon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish I could be as phlegmatic as you. This pathetic display is making me feel physically ill, highlighting everything that's wrong with us while showing very little hope, apart from Simpkin's game and a few things Mountford has done. All our other young players have either stagnated, not come on as we would have liked or have glaring deficiencies. And I can only pray that Scott is setting up like this to teach them something. ****** if I can figure out what it is though. Very dark day.
The way i am looking at it is like this.

Today we played Clarke, Mountford and Turner in the back line. At points today they showed some really good signs with ball in hand, specifically the first two and look to have a real future. But they are midfielders. All of Williams, Wright, Macmillan and EVW would have been selected ahead of them today for the roles they played. The future of the backline looks really solid IMO.

The forward line effectiveness is largely determined by how well those up the field play. With Brown, Wood, Garner, Turner, Hrovat, Higgins, Simpkin and Higgins going through there Iam confident that group will be a handful for any team.

The issue is clearly the middle, hence the hunt for Kelly and Martin. Get them and the dynamic changes dramatically. Add in Ziebell, Mountford, Clarke and Simpkin in the next 12 to 24 months and things look very promising.

If we don't get those two then we need to get the best available mid in the draft and maybe poach someone like Rockliff and give these kids (Mountford, Clarke, McDonald and Simpkin specifically) the chance to further develop their games around the ball. It still lacks class but it will be more rounded than we have now.

Dumont, Cunners, Swallow, Gibson and JZ is just too much plod. This will change next year and we will be better for it.

Can you tell me the last team to win a premiership with in 10 years of getting the Wooden Spoon?

Collingwood and the Hawks at a guess

I was wrong wa seleven years for the Pies and the Hawks only ever finished second last umpteen times.

So you are right, just not sure of your point but if I understand your point, I don't see it as relevant:)

I admire your emotionless pragmatism but I'm about to set myself on fire and poke forks into my eyes. What a horrible way to finish an awful season.
Horrible Anus.

But its the anus we had to have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back