Autopsy Autopsy Thread vs St Kilda: The End Is Nigh

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you tell me the last team to win a premiership with in 10 years of getting the Wooden Spoon?

LOL

Bris won 3 in a row 3 years after the spoon.

The last time we won the wooden spoon we reached the grand final two years later and won the premiership the following year

Hey mav, someone told you. Twice.

Now that LT's out of the picture, it's great to see your miserable pessimism find another target. Well done.

Can you tell me the last team to win a premiership with in 10 years of getting the Wooden Spoon?
Wooden Spooners with percentages of 84%+, which would be the case with us, are almost unheard of.

Excluding anomalous war years;
Geelong 1957 - Premiers 1963
Collingwood 1976 - Drew in 1977 GF
Collingwood 1999 - Played off against Brisbane in 2002, 2003

Premierships are hard to win, so I make no predictions in that regard, but I absolutely expect we can bounce back quickly to be a finals level team. We are far removed from the traditional 'hopeless case' wooden spoon team who have years of pain ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't watch the game live so I'm watching the replay now and with 10 minutes to play in the second we're up by 3 points and playing pretty well. Should I just turn of the tv now?

Yes....right about there.

Oh wait....there is BT talking about Elvis in the second half which is hilariously ******* lame.

Just watched Atley's handball into the goal square and decided I should.

Couldn't watch the game live so I'm watching the replay now and with 10 minutes to play in the second we're up by 3 points and playing pretty well. Should I just turn of the tv now?

Yeaaaah. s**t goes downhill fast and then accelerates in the third before the Saints pack up shop in the 4th and it gets relatively even again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back